Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think he has been given long enough in the team to really show us what he is about, if he wants to be here still then it would be worth keeping him as he would be good to have around if we manage to get into Europe and would be good to see him get a run in the 4-3-3 over the next 17 games if that's what we go with.

Genuinely not had enough time to be judged imo

Difficult one, but I agree that he has not had enough time to be judged by the fans, but we must assume he does meet the requirements during training. Otherwise, it’s a mystery!

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't think he has been given long enough in the team to really show us what he is about, if he wants to be here still then it would be worth keeping him as he would be good to have around if we manage to get into Europe and would be good to see him get a run in the 4-3-3 over the next 17 games if that's what we go with.

Genuinely not had enough time to be judged imo

I would be really very interested to see him in a three man midfield. We've seen enough to know that he's not scared to run with the ball or look to pick out attacking passes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Difficult one, but I agree that he has not had enough time to be judged by the fans, but we must assume he does meet the requirements during training. Otherwise, it’s a mystery!

When he wasn't allowed to play before of the whole registration disaster, the reports from training were that he was an exciting prospect the most technically able player that we have on our books :dunno:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

yup it does seem quite odd to not even get a look in

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

When he wasn't allowed to play before of the whole registration disaster, the reports from training were that he was an exciting prospect the most technically able player that we have on our books :dunno:

No idea then. Bit of a strange one, and although I do not doubt you, he has hardly tore it up when he rarely comes on. (But having few opportunities, why would he I guess!)

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I would be really very interested to see him in a three man midfield. We've seen enough to know that he's not scared to run with the ball or look to pick out attacking passes. 

yea i'd try him in the 3 at home against weaker opposition.

8 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That I would like to see, feel we aren’t really comparing apples with apples in Silva’s case.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No idea then. Bit of a strange one, and although I do not doubt you, he has hardly tore it up when he rarely comes on. (But having few opportunities, why would he I guess!)

Indeed... it may not work out, but we have paid so much money for him, it's definitely worth a try! Especially a match like the Southampton one that we have got coming up where we don't need to be as defensive. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rachhere said:

Yeah, I'd agree with this. It does seem like an obvious next step for our midfield when we're going to play a more attacking game and need more creativity.

I'll be surprised if he's still here after this window 

Puel on Silva:

“It is why in the transfers window I want to put some balance to the squad by letting some players go on loan or to sell some players, and see my players happy in the squad.

“Adrien is a perfect professional. He has given his best but we have a lot of players in midfield and in different positions. I have to manage this.”

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'll be surprised if he's still here after this window 

Puel on Silva:

“It is why in the transfers window I want to put some balance to the squad by letting some players go on loan or to sell some players, and see my players happy in the squad.

“Adrien is a perfect professional. He has given his best but we have a lot of players in midfield and in different positions. I have to manage this.”

This seen this. I am really not impressed. 

Didn't he start the season in CM against Man U. A game we nearly won. So after a preseason looking at resources available Puel felt he was in our top 2 midfielders. Yet roll in twelve weeks Puel feels he offers less than a youth player, a recovering lame and two lads who apparently cant really pass forwards. Wow what a fall from grace in no time at all?

Anyone else feel it's all a bit odd?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Didn't he start the season in CM against Man U. A game we nearly won. So after a preseason looking at resources available Puel felt he was in our top 2 midfielders. Yet roll in twelve weeks Puel feels he offers less than a youth player, a recovering lame and two lads who apparently cant really pass forwards. Wow what a fall from grace in no time at all?

Anyone else feel it's all a bit odd?

I do. But his absence from the bench in favour of King on Sunday suggests to me that he must be leaving. 

We are going to take a big loss on him, so if there is any chance he could still do something here with us, then I think he needs to be given that chance, no matter how slim. He is a good player! I just don't get why he has been so isolated here. Yes, he looks lightweight but so do other players in the English game, but they can still have an impact. Maybe a final roll of the dice in a midfield 3? I really like his latest social media post, which suggests he is still very much focused on Leicester. Come on Puel, lets try him in a 3 before the end of the window and give him a final chance to impress. We are desperate for a passing midfielder. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We are going to take a big loss on him, so if there is any chance he could still do something here with us, then I think he needs to be given that chance, no matter how slim. He is a good player! I just don't get why he has been so isolated here. Yes, he looks lightweight but so do other players in the English game, but they can still have an impact. Maybe a final roll of the dice in a midfield 3? I really like his latest social media post, which suggests he is still very much focused on Leicester. Come on Puel, lets try him in a 3 before the end of the window and give him a final chance to impress. We are desperate for a passing midfielder. 

Exactly. Honestly this is enraged me more than anything that Puel has done so far. Not sure why. Maybe it’s because of the fact Matty James got brought back in so easily without really doing much in the past to warrant it. Maybe I just like championing the underdog... all I know is it’s been months now and we still are no closer to finding a solution to break down defensive teams, and this is one of the few variations we haven’t tried yet that in theory could work. Just do it for one match and see what happens, surely? 

• Like 2

On 07/01/2019 at 14:37, rachhere said:

Hmmm not quite what I would be expecting him to be saying if he was preparing to leave:

Have to admire the guy to still post stuff like that, despite how little opportunity he's had lately. 

Truly professional.

So, he's off and we're going to have Andy King, a bloke who you last got got excited about being in the starting lineup when Sven was the manager, and James, who'll be injured again before the end of the month as back up. Genuinely baffling. We've got to have a CM lined up to sign surely? 

25 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, he's off and we're going to have Andy King, a bloke who you last got got excited about being in the starting lineup when Sven was the manager, and James, who'll be injured again before the end of the month as back up. Genuinely baffling. We've got to have a CM lined up to sign surely? 

Yes we must do. Our exceptional scouting team, dof and manager have it all in hand I'm sure.