Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo looks every bit as good as Maddison. His early defensive woes have been cut out and the last 6 games he's been one of our best players. He was still providing assists and scored prior to this as well so all round he's looking a good addition.

Of the big money signings Ndidi is also been a quality addition and Mendy is finally proving his worth. Maguire has been a beast but I know what you mean. The record signings of 2016 and 2017 (Musa, Slimani, Iheanacho and Silva) make you want to cry, horrid.

Honestly I feel like you can exclude Iheanacho, he's had a total of about 8 games playing in a system that's not hanging him out to dry - last two games of last season and Huddersfield-Arsenal this season, and in each of those spells he looked a good player. Question then is whether he's good enough to build around. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 12:52, pmcla26 said:

Please can we just fvcking play him for once instead of selling we’re dying for a midfielder with a bit of class on the ball!

I agree but Silva never has been and never will be that player for us. He doesn't suit our team and to be honest, I'm not convinced hes cut out for the premier league. This league is miles ahead of the Portuguese league so its only fair for both the player and the club that he moves on. His squad place and wages could be used on a player who is better suited to us. 

So it seems from paper talk Sporting want Silva and Slimani back. But the sticking point is money. They don't want to pay and want us to pay the largest slice of the wage. 

Rudders tell the the terms or to fecking do one. They are very fast becoming my European spuds. 

• Like 3

I honestly think this is one player that we will get bitten on the arse if CP sends him off on loan or sells him, Silva hasn’t been given a chance to shine since his debacle of a transfer from Sporting!!

I really think if this guy goes off and plays regular football I really think he will pick up his form lost whilst twiddling his thumbs on the sofa during FIFA/Siva gate  and now on the periphery of the team we seem to have really handled his career at LCFC pretty badly and that is one player I and probably a few of FT family think should have had a better run in the squad and is one player I really wouldn’t want to lose in January ?

??

On 13/12/2018 at 11:07, sylofox said:

So it seems from paper talk Sporting want Silva and Slimani back. But the sticking point is money. They don't want to pay and want us to pay the largest slice of the wage. 

Rudders tell the the terms or to fecking do one. They are very fast becoming my European spuds. 

They can have Slimani but I’ve got a lot of time and I’d rather keep Silva give him a regular run out in the first team get his confidence and skills back from sitting on his backside, really think Rudders and co have really mishandled Silva’s career at Leicester !

??

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

They can have Slimani but I’ve got a lot of time and I’d rather keep Silva give him a regular run out in the first team get his confidence and skills back from sitting on his backside, really think Rudders and co have really mishandled Silva’s career at Leicester !

??

Not sure why you blame Rudders for Silva. It's down to him and managers. Imo he's not strong enough for the prem. 

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not sure why you blame Rudders for Silva. It's down to him and managers. Imo he's not strong enough for the prem. 

I just don’t think he’s been given the chance to play regular football with us to get used to the premier league maybe rudders has nothing to do with it but all the debacle of his signing etc surely can’t help his game ? 

19 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I just don’t think he’s been given the chance to play regular football with us to get used to the premier league maybe rudders has nothing to do with it but all the debacle of his signing etc surely can’t help his game ? 

We will never know who was at fault for his signing. But the not playing is him and the managers. 

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Yep I agree. Not sure why - as the evidence doesn't support this - but feel he could become a key player for us given a decent chance.

• Thanks 1

Not really seen much from him, gets knocked off the ball far to easily and when under pressure sends passes wayward, seems to be that the Prem is just too fast and physical for him and our current manager has no place for him.

Every time he plays, he looks bloody rubbish and really that’s what we have to go on.  Not what he does for Portugal or what he’s done in the past for Sporting.  Purely and simply should be judged on what he’s done for us.  

Whether it’s been big teams or shit teams in the Prem he’s looked poor and he’s been equally as bad regardless of the standard of opposition in the cup.  Other midfielders have played better and got much more stick than this blokes getting

• Like 1

I feel for the guy.  This season I just don't feel he has been given a decent opportunity.  80 mins against Man Utd and 8 mins on as a sub a week later against Wolves and played in 3 League Cup games.

Certainly looks like Puel just doesn't fancy him and is preferring younger players.  If you think about Riccardo and how fans(?) were slaughtering his defensive qualities after just a handful of games and how he now looks far better at the back, tackling, intercepting and being stronger in the challenge.  It demonstrates what a run of games can do for a player to get up to speed with the challenges of playing in the Premier League.

I actually thought he did well in the Man Utd game, yes some wayward passes like all players, but what I liked most about him was the way he tried to look forward as the first option to see if there was a pass on to Maddison.  He found him on numerous occasions and for spells we looked quite threatening in that match.  That was in part down to the transition of getting the ball forward with more intent to the players that we want on the ball.  We just don't get that from Mendy or N'Diddi

From the limited opportunity he has had, It appears he will struggle in a 2 man midfield (like so many players) but alongside N'Diddi and Mendy (or Hamza) in a 3 with licence to be more advanced it might work.  

If he stays in January then the only way I can see him getting an extended run would be due to injury to those ahead of him.  A real shame as an extended run is what he needs but very doubtful he will get that chance and basically another £20+million spunked on a squad player.

• Like 1

I dont get this Silva hasnt been given a chance thing. 

I know they are different types of player but when it comes to being given a chance compare Silva to Choudury.  not used to the pace of the prem, played a lot of u23 games etc etc.  Comes in tuesday and gives it everything and hangs onto his place.  Would be unlucky not to play on boxing day.  Silva, came in, wandered about a bit.  Was ineffective and no better than others he replaced. 

• Like 1

On 17/12/2018 at 15:17, justfoxes said:

??

The problem is though, if we lose a couple of games during another couple of his powder puff performances the manager will get the blame yet again. I struggle to justify in myself this myth of this so called 'class' he's got? Technical ability undoubtedly ... as long as he's got an ocean of time on the ball like in the Portuguese league. He's far too easily pushed of the ball and not unlike Iborra, but worse, doesn't even appear to see let alone track runners. That having been said it's not his fault that like a number of foreign signings, particularly of a certain age, they just can't adapt to the physicality and pace of our game. He's had his chance and you can't give him and another hand full of players 'a run out' in the side in the vague hope they come good, and I'm sure the coaching staff watch him in training which is something we don't.  It's not enough after all this time to base his 'class' on some historical games he's had in another country. Iborra for example has had two chances recently that people have been crying out for and he's managed to confirm what we already knew, in a faster pace game, he's slow and cumbersome but has nevertheless still shown more than Silva. The poor lad Silva, far from being able in an attacking midfielder role some thinking he could fill, just wouldn't be able to move fast enough to make these alleged pinpoint passes he's supposedly capable of. I'm sure he will be an adequate water carrier again if he goes back to Portugal, I feel sorry for him because I think he's a genuine character.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

Puel likes him CM's to be ball winning workhorses and shield the defence. The flair and creativity should come from the full backs and three behind the striker. I think Silva is a decent player but I totally get why he prefers other CM's. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Puel likes him CM's to be ball winning workhorses and shield the defence. The flair and creativity should come from the full backs and three behind the striker. I think Silva is a decent player but I totally get why he prefers other CM's. 

Agree with this, our creativity issue is due to the lack of quality in the wide areas of the three, I think he's happy playing the two defensive CM, with them just keeping it simple. Silva isn't box-to-box, doesn't seem to create or score goals and can't tackle.

I read that it is being reported in Portugal that Sporting want to take Adrien on Loan, but want us to continue paying 50% of his wages. Bless them.   I do hope Rudders is learning how to say the following phrase in Portuguese ' No Fuchs Given'

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 20:39, mozartfox said:

I read that it is being reported in Portugal that Sporting want to take Adrien on Loan, but want us to continue paying 50% of his wages. Bless them.   I do hope Rudders is learning how to say the following phrase in Portuguese ' No Fuchs Given'

Why?save us 50%. 

No one will sign him and pay his full wages. Never going to play for us again, so save some money. Easily the worst signing the club has ever made

Edited by Claridge