Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

He must he either really shit in training or just a willy puller cos he hasn’t really been given much chance considering what we paid for him.

it makes me laugh when fans write players off based on a few apps. People were slagging Mendy off now making out he’s our best midfielder? 

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fenerbahce-adrien-silva-leicester-city-2401994

Fenerbahce are to open talks with Leicester City over signing out of favour midfielder Adrien Silva, according to reports in Turkey.

Fenerbahce director of football Damien Comolli is reportedly travelling to Leicester to open talks with City over a possible move for the Portugal international.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

He must he either really shit in training or just a willy puller cos he hasn’t really been given much chance considering what we paid for him.

it makes me laugh when fans write players off based on a few apps. People were slagging Mendy off now making out he’s our best midfielder? 

Yep, and you also don't captain one of the best sides in Portugal and play in Euro's and World Cup for Portugal, if you are crap...

What get's me about our transfer dealings, is do we have a plan? I mean... we must have a plan, so where was Silva going to play? One in a midfield 3, not 4231? As he never looked that comfortable or know what his role was. We have recently started playing 433, but with three defensive minded mids, why not give him a chance instead of N'Didi for example? 

Edited by lcfceaves

He will go on loan somewhere, not because we can't sell him, but just because no one will be willing to pay that much for him.

I imagine our hope will be, that he performs very well and then we can get more for him come the summer. 

Risk is, he does a Slimani and he lowers his value even more! lol

Genuinely curious to see if he is as bad as he is showing, so would love to see someone like Claudio at Fulham come in for him and start him each week, to see if he simply can't adapt to this league, or he just needs an extended run of games an a manager to back him. 

16 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Yep, and you also don't captain one of the best sides in Portugal and play in Euro's and World Cup for Portugal, if you are crap...

What get's me about our transfer dealings, is do we have a plan? I mean... we must have a plan, so where was Silva going to play? One in a midfield 3, not 4231? As he never looked that comfortable or know what his role was. We have recently started playing 433, but with three defensive minded mids, why not give him a chance instead of N'Didi for example? 

I personally don’t think we’ve had much of a plan (in terms of transfers and how they will fit into the team) since NP and his guys left 

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I personally don’t think we’ve had much of a plan (in terms of transfers and how they will fit into the team) since NP and his guys left 

We have now, but people don't actually want to give a manager with a clear plan the chance to change things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have now, but people don't actually want to give a manager with a clear plan the chance to change things.

So we never had a plan before Puel... If that is the case, then Mr Rudkin, Macia and co. were not up to scratch and all transfer dealings are on their heads. 

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

So we never had a plan before Puel... If that is the case, then Mr Rudkin, Macia and co. were not up to scratch and all transfer dealings are on their heads.

Did it feel like we did? Buying Slim, a 9 who likes crosses and playing him at 10 is just one example.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We'd best go and buy Cedric Soares then

I merely pointed out you cannot be branded as 'crap' based on a handful of games and have achieved what he has achieved... not that we should sign every captain on the planet... 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Did it feel like we did? Buying Slim, a 9 who likes crosses and playing him at 10 is just one example.

Slim was signed to play with Vardy I had assumed, and to be a Plan B... someone to attack the ball when crosses went into the box. I could see some sort of logic at least. 

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I merely pointed out you cannot be branded as 'crap' based on a handful of games and have achieved what he has achieved... not that we should sign every captain on the planet... 

Slim was signed to play with Vardy I had assumed, and to be a Plan B... someone to attack the ball when crosses went into the box. I could see some sort of logic at least. 

But he wasn't a 10 and he's not great with his feet, to me it made little sense at all. He was an out and out 9, but the ball on his bonce type player. Playing him withdrawn was never going to work properly.

Just now, Babylon said:

But he wasn't a 10 and he's not great with his feet, to me it made little sense at all. He was an out and out 9, but the ball on his bonce type player. Playing him withdrawn was never going to work properly.

Agreed. So who bought him/put the suggestion forward? Rudkin, Macia, Claudio, someone else... 

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We fell into a situation where Walsh was obviously use to control, Claudio thought he should be in control, Walsh left and Rudkin was left in charge, then Macia came in and Claudio went, then CS was in charge with different ideas, then he went,  then Claude came in and now it sounds like Macia is off or has already gone.

Quite simply, too many people in a short period of time with differing ideas coming and going. Rudkin should head it up as he's been the constant but I'm sure he's just trying to make people happy and doing deals they want or have scouted.

That's why I'd like to give one man the time to sort it in their vision. If he doesn't work out, then at least the squads in such a position that we can at least source another manager that fits that squads players. At the minute, no manager will fit our squad as it's all over the place.

I get where you are coming from, feel as though Rudkin should shoulder a lot of the blame, it's chaos. 

I don't want Puel, but unless there is a replacement lined up, (like you say) that can categorically say "I can work with this, this is how we will play and fit everyone in" etc. then yeah, what's the point... 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We fell into a situation where Walsh was obviously use to control, Claudio thought he should be in control, Walsh left and Rudkin was left in charge, then Macia came in and Claudio went, then CS was in charge with different ideas, then he went,  then Claude came in and now it sounds like Macia is off or has already gone.

Quite simply, too many people in a short period of time with differing ideas coming and going. Rudkin should head it up as he's been the constant but I'm sure he's just trying to make people happy and doing deals they want or have scouted.

That's why I'd like to give one man the time to sort it in their vision. If he doesn't work out, then at least the squads in such a position that we can at least source another manager that fits that squads players. At the minute, no manager will fit our squad as it's all over the place.

I don't understand the hysterical overreaction. This is year was always going to be a hard grind, with a few bitter pills to swallow to get where we need to go and hopefully build some momentum on it. The squad is still unbalanced, and needs shed a few, and upgrade a couple of other positions this window.

With no cup run there's even less need to have the size of squad we've got. Bar injuries, suspensions, there's no reason for us not to have a fairly static selection.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

The sheep follow

People that have a bit more credibility, can see Mendy isn’t the answer if anything his a poor version of Ndidi with better short range passing.

Had a few good high tempo games to start but has looked shit in the last few months.

Need a midfielder to push the ball forward not crab passes

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

The sheep follow

People that have a bit more credibility, can see Mendy isn’t the answer if anything his a poor version of Ndidi with better short range passing.

Had a few good high tempo games to start but has looked shit in the last few months.

Need a midfielder to push the ball forward not crab passes

Couldn’t agree more, Mendy has always been a poor player for us, he just so happens to be getting game time now his mate is in charge. 

• Like 1

Both Silva and Iborra have been mismanaged.  

Beyond the 11 starters and the strange swaps here and there on a fairly consistent basis that Puel makes, the squad players don't appear to be up the challenge.  Lack of motivation clearly evident yesterday and the group doesn't appear to be as tight as it was under Pearson.

It's easy to say that based on a few performances here and there Silva and Iborra haven't done much/aren't up to it, but tbf neither has had much of a look in.

Mendy gets injured in his first season, disappears and comes back and has now become the irreplaceable.  Ndidi hasn't hit the levels of performance and yet he's undroppable as well.

So now we're playing a system with 3 DMs and no back up other than King, who's not in the squad, and James who looks woefully short of what is required.

If Puel does not fill these gaps with players ready to go with all guns blazing by the end of the summer window (he's clearly not going anywhere this season), he's out.  The squad just cannot afford to be filled with more Diabates and Ghezzals.  

37 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Both Silva and Iborra have been mismanaged.  

Beyond the 11 starters and the strange swaps here and there on a fairly consistent basis that Puel makes, the squad players don't appear to be up the challenge.  Lack of motivation clearly evident yesterday and the group doesn't appear to be as tight as it was under Pearson.

It's easy to say that based on a few performances here and there Silva and Iborra haven't done much/aren't up to it, but tbf neither has had much of a look in.

Mendy gets injured in his first season, disappears and comes back and has now become the irreplaceable.  Ndidi hasn't hit the levels of performance and yet he's undroppable as well.

So now we're playing a system with 3 DMs and no back up other than King, who's not in the squad, and James who looks woefully short of what is required.

If Puel does not fill these gaps with players ready to go with all guns blazing by the end of the summer window (he's clearly not going anywhere this season), he's out.  The squad just cannot afford to be filled with more Diabates and Ghezzals.  

That's because players like ibora and silva were at the age that they should really have been in the starting eleven, especially after the song and dance we went through to sign silva which led everyone to believe we were signing someone like david beckham. We should be using academy players to fill out the squad who'll give 110% when the opportunity of first team football presents itself. 

Edited by yorkie1999

I don't think he has been given long enough in the team to really show us what he is about, if he wants to be here still then it would be worth keeping him as he would be good to have around if we manage to get into Europe and would be good to see him get a run in the 4-3-3 over the next 17 games if that's what we go with.

Genuinely not had enough time to be judged imo

• Like 3