Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

But good enough to be England's first choice LB? 

Certainly, but week in week out not consistent enough for club football in a top 4 side (in my opinion)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

He’d slot into Man City’s side lovely.

Seems like a good few Leicester City fans like yourself would like to see him go to another Premier League team, me personally as a long time season ticket holder would prefer our best young talent to stay and improve but you will probably get your wish and Chilwell will slot into the Man City side lovely...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

What's happening with Sam Hughes?.. 

Could be his breakthrough season? 

Injured again in the past few weeks, was meant to captain the U23s in the Hong Kong tournament this weekend. Such a shame.

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Seems like a good few Leicester City fans like yourself would like to see him go to another Premier League team, me personally as a long time season ticket holder would prefer our best young talent to stay and improve but you will probably get your wish and Chilwell will slot into the Man City side lovely...

Where did I say I wanted him to leave? And I’m a season ticket holder also so I don’t get what that has to do with it?

Chilwell, imo, is one of the best left backs in the league. Obviously I want him to stay but you saying he currently wouldn’t get into Man City’s side is bizarre. Pep loves young talent and Chilwell ticks all the boxes. He’d thrive at Man City but Pep and Man City can look elsewhere in my eyes unless they are willing to pay over the odds for him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Haven't we been linked with marega as a back up striker? Also brahimi is available on a free this summer and could be an option 

So it’s more Stretch Armstrong then.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

38 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

There’s definitely one of our defenders going to Man City and can’t see it being Chilwell...

Truth be told I think they’ll get Harry, we will keep Chilly for the season then next summer they’ll be back in for Chilly. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If so, the club will be very much well set financially!

I haven’t got a problem with them chucking £65m+ at one of our key players a season as long as we spend it wisely & each year move that little bit closer to our long term goal. Which so far the club has done amazingly imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If so, the club will be very much well set financially!

That’s what we said when taking about 35m for drinks and 60m for Riyad - but it doesn’t really change anything - we will have to replace and caglar/bento may not be the finished articles ready to play week in week out 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s what we said when taking about 35m for drinks and 60m for Riyad - but it doesn’t really change anything - we will have to replace and caglar/bento may not be the finished articles ready to play week in week out 

But at the same time it put us in a position where we could finance deals for Soyuncu & Benko who I believe will be our future centre halves for a long time. But at the same time improve our first team with the likes of Madders & Ricardo.

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’re not Real Madrid or Barca, selling one player for big money each summer is the only way we’ll grow im afraid.

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’re not Real Madrid or Barca, selling one player for big money each summer is the only way we’ll grow im afraid.

Exactly. Even Ajax, who nearly got to a CL final, have sold two to the same club so far this window!!

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Exactly. Even Ajax, who nearly got to a CL final, have sold two to the same club so far this window!!

Afraid most clubs are in the same boat. The Ajax story is great but de jong and de ligt would have moved on at some point anyway. What the run did was probably speed up those deals.

Whilst premier league clubs have the money thanks to tv rights we have to accept that a lot of that now goes out the bank in wages. So to boost the coffers high transfer fees for the right player also become a must.

We have to accept if man city come calling they will eventually get their man most of the time.

And despite the buzz of London. Spurs sell to Madrid and Liverpool had to sell to barca. They used that money well and made them a better side we need to be wise enough to do the same. Our issue maybe we have to take more of a risk, in that we have to take young players on the way up. Madders is an example, it's turned out ok so far, but we had to take a risk on a player who had an injury and hadn't played top flight football. Had we not he could have torn up he championship with Norwich this season and his value soared even more.

Probably all but man city have to sell I the top Spanish clubs come calling and I think that only lasts as long as pep stays to an extent. Your not telling me that ederson or sane don't fancy a move to Spain if it was an option but right now pep holds the key.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

That’s absolutely not true

if we have four excellent proven CB’s then by all means, sell one of them ..... but we don’t yet. Maybe next summer we will. 

We will grow by becoming a better team, investing in our infrastructure and qualifying for European competitions ....

On 19/05/2019 at 15:07, NewquayFox said:

Certainly, but week in week out not consistent enough for club football in a top 4 side (in my opinion)

But better than anyone else they've currently got that's able to play. Selling him just yet however, for me, would give a massive signal of lack of ambition to supporters and potential new players. Might just get away with Maguire going due to the potential for cover we have, but we'd have to spend big to get a left back approaching the quality of Chilwell which renders the exercise pretty pointless. To get rid of two of what is just turning into a solid back 4 in one foul swoop would be poor management imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Think Man City need Chilwell more than Maguire. 

Zinchenko is not a natural left back and Mendy is a crook.

Tbf to them they could do with both. With Kompany leaving and them having an issue at LB.

3 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

They won't get both.

Depends doesn’t it. Every man has their price. If they are willing to make an offer the club can’t refuse then possibly they will.

Doubt that will be the case mind. You’re looking well over a £100m for the pair of them.