Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I agree but Atletico are apparently banging on the door with 60 million euro.

Doesn't matter in my opinion Leicester wont sell, Maguire on the other hand they would if they meet his asking price.

edit: Actually just had a thought, if a big bid does come in an Brendan thinks if i  sell him, i could get Kieran Tiernay cheap and have cash spare to rebuild the rest of the squad, doubt it though.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

35 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

That is nowhere near enough!

£55m (€62m) is fair. Lucas Hernandez, who is more experienced and a World Cup winner, went for £70m. 

3 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

edit: Actually just had a thought, if a big bid does come in an Brendan thinks if i  sell him, i could get Kieran Tiernay cheap and have cash spare to rebuild the rest of the squad, doubt it though.

I wonder why nobody on this board has mentioned this before.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Koke said:

£55m (€62m) is fair. Lucas Hernandez, who is more experienced and a World Cup winner, went for £70m. 

I disagree. Probably first choice left back for England, still young and on a long contract. He will be worth more after next season. Only reason to cash in would be if his value might go down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Why should we be fair? If we end up having to sell any of our crown jewels let's at least rip the buyers off!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Obviously no club wants to lose their best players but agree with this.  Wish more British based players would try their hands abroad, think it could really develop them as footballers and in turn help the national teams.  Hopefully the trend is now changing when you see a number of young British lads doing well in the Bundesliga.

IMO the trend will be the other way -- staying at home.  Better English players will go abroad on loans, if at all.  On permanents their clubs will usually get more selling them domestically, and the players higher salaries.  The financial disparity between the leagues is only getting bigger, and extending down into the Championship whose bigger clubs are also becoming billionaire magnets.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Chilwell to a top PL club, especially one with the minimum of homegrown players, is worth a significant “English Premium”, comfortably eight figures.  Better to see him in sky blue than for the club to burn 20 million pounds.  And much better still to keep him for another year or two before he changes shirts.

Sell a 22-year-old academy product, for whom we have no replacement, at a bargain?  Screw your Atleti.  They’ve screwed us more than once.

if that’s true then that’s a pretty big offer...

hes had one outstanding season and i think it might be a move too soon for him... he might get away with moving to another English club  but i really think he needs to be with us for another season at least.

33 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

The sun say athletico have bid £71 million for him 

Must be true then.UKP 71m?  Accept.

If and it’s a big if Ath Madrid have bid 71m I can only see Man City swooping in and sealing the deal for a similar fee... as much as I’d want him to stay that’s obscene money for a player that’s still very raw