Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Probably 150M if they want both

I doubt we would sell both to be honest. Both on nice new contracts, the club has shown they don't mind holding on to players that they think are key. I could definitely see Maguire leaving however.

Leicester City star Ben Chilwell was ‘on the verge’ of joining Manchester City in April before the Premier League champions pulled the plug on a deal, according to Goal.

Pep Guardiola’s side were expected to spend big on a new left-back this summer after French international Benjamin Mendy suffered a second successive season at the Etihad ruined by long-term injury problems.

England's World Cup Squad One Year On: What Happened Next?

And the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss apparently saw Chilwell, who created five goals in the Premier League last season, as the ideal replacement.

But according to Goal, Manchester City suddenly backed out of a deal to sign England’s first choice left-back despite being very close to securing the Leicester academy graduate’s signature.

England defender Ben Chilwell during the UEFA European Championship Group A Qualifying match between England and Czech Republic at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 23rd March 2019.

Perhaps this had something to do with claims that Brendan Rodgers’ side wanted a world-record fee, in excess of £75 million, for Chilwell this summer according to The Telegraph.

But the excellent form of Oleksandr Zinchenko means Guardiola is likely to continue relying on the converted midfielder at left-back while the undoubtedly talented Mendy should not be written off just yet despite some well publicised problems off the field.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/24/report-explains-how-close-manchester-city-came-to-signing-leices/

How true this is (Hitc covering an article from Goal) i dont know, but if it is then im hopeful we can keep Ben for at least another year. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 16:48, Suzie the Fox said:

Leicester City star Ben Chilwell was ‘on the verge’ of joining Manchester City in April before the Premier League champions pulled the plug on a deal, according to Goal.

Pep Guardiola’s side were expected to spend big on a new left-back this summer after French international Benjamin Mendy suffered a second successive season at the Etihad ruined by long-term injury problems.

England's World Cup Squad One Year On: What Happened Next?

And the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss apparently saw Chilwell, who created five goals in the Premier League last season, as the ideal replacement.

But according to Goal, Manchester City suddenly backed out of a deal to sign England’s first choice left-back despite being very close to securing the Leicester academy graduate’s signature.

England defender Ben Chilwell during the UEFA European Championship Group A Qualifying match between England and Czech Republic at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 23rd March 2019.

Perhaps this had something to do with claims that Brendan Rodgers’ side wanted a world-record fee, in excess of £75 million, for Chilwell this summer according to The Telegraph.

But the excellent form of Oleksandr Zinchenko means Guardiola is likely to continue relying on the converted midfielder at left-back while the undoubtedly talented Mendy should not be written off just yet despite some well publicised problems off the field.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/24/report-explains-how-close-manchester-city-came-to-signing-leices/

How true this is (Hitc covering an article from Goal) i dont know, but if it is then im hopeful we can keep Ben for at least another year. 

So they weren't on the verge of signing him then if they wouldn't pay the fee. 

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So they weren't on the verge of signing him then if they wouldn't pay the fee. 

Exactly. Agreeing a fee with the selling club is the first hurdle of any transfer, so either this article is embellishing the truth (they were interested, we quoted a rpice and they walked away) OR it's essentially accusing them of tapping him up and agreeing a deal with the player before the club... Given it's Man City, either could be true.

Ultimately though it's irrelevant, no-one (yet) is meeting our valuation of him so he's staying.

Got 80m for Hernandez to Bayern, expected to get 120m for Griezmann, so money definitely won't be an issue for them

However they are more likely to go after Marcos Alonso, Jose Gaya, Alex Telles etc

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What's Atletico's transfer record? Stingy arseholes are the Spurs of Spain aren't they?

3 hours ago, slymunn said:

£63 million for Thomas Lemar last season.

So a bigger record transfer fee paid than Man City then! :whistle:

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I was close to marrying Natalie Portman, only me never actually meeting her stopped it from happening.

I'm not sure getting to meet her would have been your only obstacle... 

• Haha 4

If there's any truth in the many rumours that Pep might not be at Man City next year it would be a really different ball game. Besides winning the Champions League, what more has he got to prove there and how hard will it be to motivate that team again next year?  If he goes, could it mean a slight downwards spiral under a new manager? For any prospective new player, surely part of the attraction would be to play under Pep because without him and regardless of how well they've done in the last couple of years, they're still not considered as a big club in the same way as Barcelona , Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are.

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

No club is on the verge of signing anyone in April!

Why? You can sign anyone at any time. Its only registration you can't do. Long as we are happy to pay his wage we can sign him. See the Silva fvck up. 

Chilwell is a proper 'Atletico' player. Think he'd absolutely thrive in that environment. Simeone could quite easily turn him into the best leftback in the world given Alba is in his 30s now.

If we were to sell him for the asking price then i'd like him to go there.

But ultimately I want him to stay forever and ever.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Chilwell is a proper 'Atletico' player. Think he'd absolutely thrive in that environment. Simeone could quite easily turn him into the best leftback in the world given Alba is in his 30s now.

If we were to sell him for the asking price then i'd like him to go there.

But ultimately I want him to stay forever and ever.

Obviously no club wants to lose their best players but agree with this.  Wish more British based players would try their hands abroad, think it could really develop them as footballers and in turn help the national teams.  Hopefully the trend is now changing when you see a number of young British lads doing well in the Bundesliga.

• Like 1