Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand why people can't accept that scenarios change as well as club goals and expectations.

We were defending Champions, at the time he was sacked we were 17th having won 5 games in 21 in the League and we'd been beaten 14 times. That simply wasn't, nor isn't, good enough for a side defending the title of Champions of England. But I was still amazingly proud of our Champions League run and it created memories i'll cherish as much as I cherished the PL win.

But right now we're a nothing club. Destined to be last every weekend on Match of the Day until the end of the season because we don't play an expansive brand of football, we don't concede many but we don't score many, we're boring and we're going to finish 7th to 12th. 

I don't even see how it's a "this or that" scenario. We're more than capable of maintaining mid table while playing our first 11 in the cup games. If you don't think that we are then you best pray to God that we don't get into Europe.

I was using it as an example of how fans wouldn't accept 17th and winning a cup because to get to the point of winning a cup, the manager would have been absolutely slaughtered with the possibility of relegation. That wouldn't matter whether it was the year after winning the league or 3 years on, we wouldn't have it. We wanted Pearson gone in our first year back in the PL after a decade in the wilderness and near extinction. 

Puel is a dour and hard to bond with character. I'm bored to tears but that doesnt mean its grounds for him to go yet and nor would him winning us a cup but nearly relegating us make me love him much more either. The trouble is, it's very difficult to change how you feel and many fans for whatever reason are in disarray, even though we are 7th with a new and young team being built. There ought to be plenty to to be excited about and yet there isn't, I do think we as fans have to take a large chunk of the responsibility here though. I think we are damaged goods.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

That's the crux of it, we are an attention seeking club because we love drama. We have for the best part of 28-29 years experienced massive highs, heart break, scandal, near extinction, death, celebrity, completed football, outpouring of admiration and brown nosed and smoke blown up our ring pieces to last 3 life times. Most of us dont know any different, we haven't experienced normality in football, we dont like it. But does it mean it's wrong and we should enforce some chaos and excitement because anybody from the out looking in would think we are off our fcukin boncers.

My word, you really are on a hot streak today @Ric Flair

Find it hard to disagree with a worc of your last 2 posts in thsi topic

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not having that at all, you wouldn't. You and many others (me included) would be on here slagging the manager off that he needs to go as we are at risk of relegation. You dont come 17th without the very real possibility of relegation and whilst that is happening, fans would be screaming that the cup can fcuk off and it's not enough of a reason to keep the manager at that moment in time.

Ranieri was being abused to high heaven and we were still in the last 16 of the Champions League and also the 5th round of the FA Cup against league one opposition and yet that meant fcuk all to the fans, myself included. He had to go.

This myth that fans would accept a dog muck league standing but silverware in the cup is something very rarely played out in the real world, just a final standing where the outcome seems acceptable and positive. What happens if we got 17th and lost in the semi's or the final? Still happy with the manager as at least it was more exciting and we were so close to winning the cup? Much more acceptable and rewarding than coming 7th and being a c unt in the cups? 

I want more silverware but it doesnt have to be with a crap league position as some sort of plea bargain for it to happen. Puel is boring, fans cant bond with him. That's the long and short of it.

Yes you are probably right about the fact that the manager would have been sacked in 17th.

The question asked was; 

What do the fans want? 

I was making the point that I want some entertainment and an attempt at a Cup run, at the expense of a few places in the league that make no difference. 

Thats not an outlandish wish list is it? 

• Like 2

I’m at the point where I don’t care what happens. I’m bored watching us and the season is now over effectively. Let him stay this season so his supporters can see the proposed mutation from cocoon to butterfly. I’m not convinced myself 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes you are probably right about the fact that the manager would have been sacked in 17th.

The question asked was; 

What do the fans want? 

I was making the point that I want some entertainment and an attempt at a Cup run, at the expense of a few places in the league that make no difference. 

Depends what owners view as most important not the fans. Maybe 7th is preferable to getting the QF/SF of a cup.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Depends what owners view as most important not the fans. Maybe 7th is preferable to getting the QF/SF of a cup.

Yes quite right.

But you are missing the point.

The question was;

What do the fans want? 

As as a FAN I gave MY answer, not that of the owners. ?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

7 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I’m at the point where I don’t care what happens. I’m bored watching us and the season is now over effectively. Let him stay this season so his supporters can see the proposed mutation from cocoon to butterfly. I’m not convinced myself 

I agree, I don’t see there being any transformation from now until end of the season... I do feel people from both sides make fair points though:

For Puel - getting rid of dead wood, playing some youth players, made us a bit more defensively sound, 7th in league, sticking with a plan might see us buy players to play rather than change manager and they don’t play

Against Puel - football is boring, Atmosphere at the ground has gone (other factors contribute to that from this season), he is boring in general (same stuff every interview), seems to be more and more disgruntled players saying stuff in media but it’s being allowed to happen, divided fan base, no idea (as of yet) how to break teams down who sit in... etc etc

I’ve said before I DOUBT Top will fire him after the tragedy we’ve witnessed this season, but long term, no one knows whether this is heading in the right direction or not. I lose my sh** with him because 1. he’s the manager, buck stops with him, no different in any walk of life and 2. his post match interviews after a defeat offer no insight as to what went wrong. Nor does he try to change anything when we are losing (nothing positive in my eyes anyway) 

However... give him one more transfer window? After this one? Another full summer? Then if in 10-15 games it’s more of the same he goes? If we change manager we have to get someone similar in philosophy otherwise we start all over again...  

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The question asked was; 

What do the fans want? 

I share your disillusion, I really do. I'm so torn on what's happening. It's so boring, but perhaps we are fcuked as fans for a stretch of time now? I dont think we suit being a half decent medium sized PL club. We should be dog shit or having a purple patch, that's the way we've been for as long as I can remember. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand why people can't accept that scenarios change as well as club goals and expectations.

We were defending Champions, at the time he was sacked we were 17th having won 5 games in 21 in the League and we'd been beaten 14 times. That simply wasn't, nor isn't, good enough for a side defending the title of Champions of England. But I was still amazingly proud of our Champions League run and it created memories i'll cherish as much as I cherished the PL win.

But right now we're a nothing club. Destined to be last every weekend on Match of the Day until the end of the season because we don't play an expansive brand of football, we don't concede many but we don't score many, we're boring and we're going to finish 7th to 12th. 

I don't even see how it's a "this or that" scenario. We're more than capable of maintaining mid table while playing our first 11 in the cup games. If you don't think that we are then you best pray to God that we don't get into Europe.

Wouldn't worry about that too much... But IF it happens Puel can wheel out James and King for the Europa campaign. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's the crux of it, we are an attention seeking club because we love drama. We have for the best part of 28-29 years experienced massive highs, heart break, scandal, near extinction, death, celebrity, completed football, outpouring of admiration and brown nosed and smoke blown up our ring pieces to last 3 life times. Most of us dont know any different, we haven't experienced normality in football, we dont like it. But does it mean it's wrong and we should enforce some chaos and excitement because anybody from the out looking in would think we are off our fcukin boncers.

Yes Ric !!!

40 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I agree with you on the subject of deadwood, I was mostly concentrating on the healthy releationship that a majority of these players enjoy playing under the manager and the club. Most importantly the younger generation ie.. Chilwells interview the otherday expressing his happiness under Puel and for the others.

Absolutely, there will be resistance from the deadwood and some of the old guard to Puel as it's quite clear his principles and methods will be more susceptible to younger players who are desperate to learn and improve. I can see why he was and maybe still is, our owners and executives choice to steer us through this phase of cementing ourselves in the top division in a bid to expand long term. All seems a bit too long term and unexciting for a club used to chaos and adrenaline but maybe it's absolutely the right way to be doing it.

For any other bozo that says he's worse than Taylor:

a) Puel's win percentage is higher

b) He took over a team that had just sacked two managers in quick succession because we were struggling, not a team in Europe having won a cup and finished top 10. Totally different starting points.

c) Taylor lost 15 out of his last 20 games, with two draws and three wins (one being cup game) and had us rock bottom.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

For any other bozo that says he's worse than Taylor:

a) Puel's win percentage is higher

b) He took over a team that had just sacked two managers in quick succession because we were struggling, not a team in Europe having won a cup and finished top 10. Totally different starting points.

c) Taylor lost 15 out of his last 20 games, with two draws and three wins (one being cup game) and had us rock bottom.

Agreed, Peter Failyor was just that, an absolute failure. No comparison.

36 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

For Puel - getting rid of dead wood, playing some youth players, made us a bit more defensively sound, 7th in league, sticking with a plan might see us buy players to play rather than change manager and they don’t play

Against Puel - football is boring, Atmosphere at the ground has gone (other factors contribute to that from this season), he is boring in general (same stuff every interview), seems to be more and more disgruntled players saying stuff in media but it’s being allowed to happen, divided fan base, no idea (as of yet) how to break teams down who sit in... etc etc

We're just going round and round but this sort of thing kinda gets to the crux of why this argument is so odd to me.

For him you've listed a load of relevant stuff, like being good at football, having a plan, playing the youth and sorting out the squad.

Against him we have the atmosphere in the stadium, his interviews not revealing all his deepest darkest secrets to the world and a weird point about disgruntled players which isn't backed up by any evidence at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

Gary Rowett sacked by Stoke he could do a good job here.  LOL 

Total insanity, managers just don't get the time anymore. You are either brilliant without 6 months or people want you out. Hope they go down.

32 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

We're just going round and round but this sort of thing kinda gets to the crux of why this argument is so odd to me.

For him you've listed a load of relevant stuff, like being good at football, having a plan, playing the youth and sorting out the squad.

Against him we have the atmosphere in the stadium, his interviews not revealing all his deepest darkest secrets to the world and a weird point about disgruntled players which isn't backed up by any evidence at all.

You can argue both sides you know, you don’t have to be one or the other...

And albeit it one or two players, there has been stuff in the media if you look... 

Edited by lcfceaves