Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

3 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Be funny though if he wins bugger all yet again

True. I know many on here have slated our team selection yesterday but that Liverpool team, considering they were playing premier league opposition, was absolutely scandalous! Im sure they will say they are focusing on the league and champs league, but like you say, could backfire massively if they end up trophyless again! 

Just now, totbl said:

No way - I'm the same, NP built the foundation of the club (of course along with Vichai and Top), the scouting, the sports science etc., so much of which appears to have fallen away.

One of the simplest things that I think we've lost in that when NP was here they always said whoever they brought in needed to be the right fit for the group and with the right ethic/personality etc. You can see that in the majority of those we signed, even in the short term signings like Kevin Phillips. As soon as NP went, that mentality went, and the likes of Slimani etc. come in who anyone could see had a shite attitude. The core of the team all had that work ethic and spirit.

I've thought that also for a while. We've stopped buying team players and decent characters. That's part of the reason we've had our pants down with transfers too, because we're paying money for players with poor attitudes. Slimani, Iheanacho, Musa, Ghezzal, Etc. 

Pearson brought in great characters, even those who were just squad players like Wasilewski, GTF and Hammond 

He got rid of any bad apples like DJ Campbell, Beckford, Mills etc. 

I feel like most that work has been undone, and I'd love to have someone like that come and build a side again with the same team spirit.

I've come to dislike a lot of our players. I don't rate Puel but think some of the attitudes of players also stink, arrogance in some ways. Think most of players yesterday expected to arrive and win easily yesterday, just doesn't work like that. I wish I had faith in Puel to sort it out or ship them out which I don't really. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I've thought that also for a while. We've stopped buying team players and decent characters. That's part of the reason we've had our pants down with transfers too, because we're paying money for players with poor attitudes. Slimani, Iheanacho, Musa, Ghezzal, Etc. 

Pearson brought in great characters, even those who were just squad players like Wasilewski, GTF and Hammond 

He got rid of any bad apples like DJ Campbell, Beckford, Mills etc. His son?

I feel like most that work has been undone, and I'd love to have someone like that come and build a side again with the same team spirit.

I've come to dislike a lot of our players. I don't rate Puel but think some of the attitudes of players also stink, arrogance in some ways. Think most of players yesterday expected to arrive and win easily yesterday, just doesn't work like that. I wish I had faith in Puel to sort it out or ship them out which I don't really. 

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Bullshit. Kaspar, Maguire, Morgan, Evans, Chilwell, Pereira, N’didi, Albrighton, Vardy, Maddison, even Gray.... all characters and all part of a new revolution that will see us in good stead. That’s just the first tier..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

100%. We saw during the title winning year what a team could achieve. Look at Ferguson at United - everyone had to play their part in the squad and if anyone didn't meet expectations or got big time they were out - they had the big names of course but each player added something and worked for the group. In many ways it doesn't make sense to try and sign big time players, because we're fighting a losing battle against the top 6 - what we can do is be smart, be a unit and maximise facilities, science, youth etc. and grow in that way. I look at the likes of Gray, Ghezzall, Iheanacho, Slimani and just see your standard Premier League ego without real talent or consistency. Look at Vardy - he worked for it, it was Pearson and the staff who trusted him. I'm not sure what the answer is, but we have lost the values we had a few years ago.

People say we need a clear out, and we do, but the worrying thing is if we get rid of the likes of Morgan and the old guard, what are we left with in terms of leadership and that mentality - we then become like every other average side in the league, and it's very easy to drop down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Bullshit. Kaspar, Maguire, Morgan, Evans, Chilwell, Pereira, N’didi, Albrighton, Vardy, Maddison, even Gray.... all characters and all part of a new revolution that will see us in good stead. That’s just the first tier..

Put aside those from the title winning year and before - look at all the signings we've made since and see how many you'd say are good ones - Ndidi yes, Maddison yep - I wouldnt include Gray. Pereira agree, Maguire. But now lets look at the many signings we've made and the cost...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

When Claudio or even mark robbins talk they are open about their challenges and focus.   What gets me about puel is its as if we've watched different  football matches.  He sometimes says we were unlucky..ie.. he made all the right decisions and if he were to do it all again he would do the same think.  Saying its Bad luck means you have failed to learn and so will not improve.  I would like him more if he was honest about what his priorities are.

I honestly believe his football is dull and that i want a marauding club we can cheer on and turn a game round.... sadly thats not puels bag.  His priority is to avoid the sack by being in the drop zone.  Cups dont matter to him... but they matter to me.   I hope top is looking at his options.. .. .. until he finds one we will continue to grumble between ourselves

Then what do Claudio got us againts those packed defense in 16/17? We hare going to relegated

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Some of the best managers have had cup upsets over the years. While Puel isn't completely blameless for yesterday, he cant really be blamed for our players inability to put the ball in the net. They scored 1 really good goal and a pen and we could and should have scored about 8. Taking nothing away from Newport as they played their hearts out but i just dont understand why some people throw all the blame for yesterday on Puel. 

The trouble is it isn’t just yesterday it’s cardiff, West Ham, Fulham, Crystal Palace and I am not actually someone who wants Puel to be sacked as soon as possible and think he should have until the end of the season to prove himself. But I worry about him as I don’t feel he has ambition e.g he has said that he doesn’t want to bring anyone in in January despite obvious gaps in our squad but is willing to let players leave creating more gaps e.g Iborra. I am willing to give him until the end of the season and maybe a bit longer as we build our new facilities if the club needs stability through this period but he in my opinion is definitely not the right person to take us forward in the long term.

The lack of ambition and lack of plan B worries me.

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The trouble is it isn’t just yesterday it’s cardiff, West Ham, Fulham, Crystal Palace and I am not actually someone who wants Puel to be sacked as soon as possible and think he should have until the end of the season to prove himself. But I worry about him as I don’t feel he has ambition e.g he has said that he doesn’t want to bring anyone in in January despite obvious gaps in our squad but is willing to let players leave creating more gaps e.g Iborra. I am willing to give him until the end of the season and maybe a bit longer as we build our new facilities if the club needs stability through this period but he in my opinion is definitely not the right person to take us forward in the long term.

I dont think its lack of ambition. January is difficult to sign good players that will improve our first team. You either end up paying over the odds or just end up with players no better than we already have. I'd much rather wait till the summer and get the right players in to improve us, rather than just buy for the sake of it now. We all know we need a striker and a creative centre mid and im sure Puel does to, but hes shrewd and won't let us get ripped off. We have alot of money being spent on the ground and training complex so cant just be throwing money around on new signings as well. I would imagine new signings will be made in the summer using money from the sale of Maguire. I understand what you're saying about our performances against crap teams and Puel does need to improve this if hes to be here long term. 

37 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I dont think its lack of ambition. January is difficult to sign good players that will improve our first team. You either end up paying over the odds or just end up with players no better than we already have. I'd much rather wait till the summer and get the right players in to improve us, rather than just buy for the sake of it now. We all know we need a striker and a creative centre mid and im sure Puel does to, but hes shrewd and won't let us get ripped off. We have alot of money being spent on the ground and training complex so cant just be throwing money around on new signings as well. I would imagine new signings will be made in the summer using money from the sale of Maguire. I understand what you're saying about our performances against crap teams and Puel does need to improve this if hes to be here long term. 

On the point of the sale of Maguire do you think we will sell him after just signing a new long term contract? ( I know they don’t mean anything but gives us the upper hand at least) also any other of our “stars” you think will go?

Edited by lcfcbluearmy

2 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Got talking to a Celtic fan in Sandwich yesterday watching the game. As much as I didn't really miss much, I still resented actually missing most of it listening to exactly this sort of bollocks. He was an absolute character mind. 

2 hours ago, totbl said:

Put aside those from the title winning year and before - look at all the signings we've made since and see how many you'd say are good ones - Ndidi yes, Maddison yep - I wouldnt include Gray. Pereira agree, Maguire. But now lets look at the many signings we've made and the cost...

Not been smart here, how do we expect these players to fluorish when they are been slaughtered every week, remember ed well how musa was battered in here, he went out on loan played well and even scored a fantastic goal for his country.

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think he should say that. For couple windows we tried to get rid the likes of King, Benalouane, Ulloa, Slimani, etc. Only one of them are yet permanently shipped out, but take 2 transfer window already. 

For now we have 2 or 3 unregistered player. That's too big. Unfortunately, unbalanced. Plus, we didn't know how much we have left in ffp allowance. You need to sell some of them which are already proven hard to done. 

The coach definitely seeing this, so tried to give confidence the squad by saying don't sign anyone, although he's likely look for some if those fringe player are successfully shipped away. 

It is difficult to see Puel getting the sack in January. With Pearson back apparently with Top’s support, Pearson is probably next in line for the job. If so, there is no need to rush. There is not much to play for now and so I would give Puel til the end of the season to prove his worth, especially given the positive impact he had on young players.

5 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

On the point of the sale of Maguire do you think we will sell him after just signing a new long term contract? ( I know they don’t mean anything but gives us the upper hand at least) also any other of our “stars” you think will go?

No, i think we will continue doing what we have done for the past 3 seasons and lose 1 key player each summer. We lost kante then drinky then mahrez and im just guessing someone like united will probably come in for maguire. The long contract just means we can demand a higher fee but if he decides he wants to go then i think he will. Maddison and chilwell are still young so wont leave yet, so the only other one who may attract attention would be Ricardo. But like i said, i doubt we'll sell more than 1 key player. 

6 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Never wanted Pearson out one of this clubs greatest managers in my opinion 

Which is pretty funny as the first 2/3 of pearson's season in the EPl was a snooze fest (yet people moan about puel's football), and he was mostly in the bottom 3 in that time.

So what gave pearson the get out of jail free card vs puel?  He got us promoted but that to me doesnt warrant the difference in treatment from the FT mob.

I think Klopp is interesting as currently he has been the nearly man. 0 trophies won so far at one of the most decorated clubs in world football in 4 seasons. Yet well liked. My goodness, if he was manager here we would have hounded him out long before now. Perspective please on our manager. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think Klopp is interesting as currently he has been the nearly man. 0 trophies won so far at one of the most decorated clubs in world football in 4 seasons. Yet well liked. My goodness, if he was manager here we would have hounded him out long before now. Perspective please on our manager. 

Er don’t think Liverpool supporters complain about Klopp’s brand of football and they have been royally entertained rather than having to watch Puel’s bore fest every week (Man City game apart)

• Like 2