Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

47 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

A hell of a lot of work needs to be done. It can’t be done overnight - it took Pearson at least 2 years to build a team capable of going up. Puel has only had one summer window so far; if we sacked him now, while 7th in the league and the 5th best defence, whoever came in would want time to assess the squad and put their own stamp on it. You’re going to have to lump it. 

I don't disagree here but you COULD argue that it would be better for a manager to come in now, assess what he has during the remainder of the season and then recruit accordingly in the summer.

Whilst there's not much to play for it could be the perfect 'bedding in' period (depending on how much we want to finish 7th).

We're on about bringing Barnes back to gel with the squad and get a potential head start on next season, the same logic could be applied to a potential manager.

Not saying I'd do this, just a thought.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The point was, perhaps the manager know a little bit more than you (or me), and sometime it's perhaps worth giving people the benefit of doubt before lambasting them. Nothing to do with hindsight, it was blindingly obvious something was actually happening. 

Can we just go back to calling Claude a twat?

9 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I don't disagree here but you COULD argue that it would be better for a manager to come in now, assess what he has during the remainder of the season and then recruit accordingly in the summer.

Whilst there's not much to play for it could be the perfect 'bedding in' period (depending on how much we want to finish 7th).

We're on about bringing Barnes back to gel with the squad and get a potential head start on next season, the same logic could be applied to a potential manager.

Fair point but what if that one doesn’t work out? Or the next one? Or the one after that? The last thing we need is another manager merry go round. For starters we’d be endlessly paying managers off. 

Guest MattP
53 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I think the best coach for us would be..... 

1. Adi Hutter (Young Boys) they played great attacking football. 

2.Luis Pimenta (Brommapojkarna) only 36 and has a sports psychology degree from Liverpool Uni. 

3. Miguel Cardoso (Rio Ave) 

4. Florian Kohfeldt (Werder Bremen) 

5. Domenico Tedesco (Schelke) 

6. Eric Ten Hag (Ajax) 

7. Pablo Machin (Girona) 

Can we really appoint someone called Adolf Hutter? lol

15 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

The whole point is we're restructuring the squad so they're all pointed in the same direction. Do we really want the likes of Mendy to be stifled when a new manager comes in and doesn't need his style of play for example, the same way Puel preferred not to use Iborra and co.  Just give him the time!

Edited by Nicolo Barella
Typos

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm a give him a chance, we're 7th, he's had to deal with a load of issues. He's sorted the defence, perhaps if we give him the time he can sort the rest?

That's the problem.

Given the consistency and the criticism that he has received in recent times, how much time can he be given and can he be trusted for the challenge? Piece of string, and that.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm a give him a chance, we're 7th, he's had to deal with a load of issues. He's sorted the defence, perhaps if we give him the time he can sort the rest?

And how do you think he should approach cup competitions?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

That's the problem.

Given the consistency and the criticism that he has received in recent times, how much time can he be given and can he be trusted for the challenge? Piece of string, and that.

We're 7th in the table, that answers that question. At this stage as it stands he should be given this window and the summer window to deal with the squad changes that are coming. If things suddenly deteriorate massively then you deal with it, should that happen. 

9 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

And how do you think he should approach cup competitions?

I'd hope he sits down with the board and takes on board THEIR aims and deals with them appropriately. 

Personally I'd hope the board would back him appropriately to to go for the FA Cup, that includes backing him if results slide in the league because of it. Ditto the whinge bag fans who moan about everything. 

Edited by Babylon

33 minutes ago, Claridge said:

We weren’t 7th when he came

but we went in to matches thinking we could get round the bus - - now newport and cardiff have shown how impotent we have become ( as did burnley, palace, Southampton etc etc - it's been the same all year)

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

Seems you are entirely happy with how things are going then ?

Our squad wasn’t better than Burnley ?

Any Excuses for not beating Cardiff, Fulham and Palace which let’s be honest we’re awful performances.

He continuously speaks about now isn’t the time to buy players..Summer time we will do our business.

Theres very little point in us getting 7th this year then really as the squad is all over the place

Very happy at the minute. 

Our squad was better than Burnley’s but certainly not good enough to play in Europe. Next season we’ll have a much better squad. 

Cardiff, Palace and Fulham matches were certainly not good enough which is what we need to work on. Again, next season we’ll have a much better squad. 

Summer time is obviously the best time to buy and make major changes to the squad. January can be a very difficult market; new signings might also have to be funded by players leaving. 

There is absolutely ZERO point in sacking the manager when we’re currently very stable in the league. I already posted my thoughts on this in the Long Term strategy thread. 

We all want the same thing. I just believe our long term goals are within our grasp and perfectly achievable with the current manager. It would be madness to sack him now. 

I reckon if he is doesn’t buy any one then his time is probably up by/before the end of the season as maybe they don’t want to risk him buying anyone with him not being here to much longer. Hopefully we can keep picking enough points to get 7th place then it will be a good season. Disappointed we went out yesterday but shit happens. I miss there being no pressure on us like Newport had being the underdog. we are now expected to beat everyone but the top 6 and even then people are upset we didn’t beat them. I get why he picked the team he did everyone needs game time and if they are not going to get it in the prem then this is the only option to do it. You pick vardy or wilf or Maddison and they get injured 5 mins in and out for a long period time or we lose with all of the first team out he would get slaughtered. No win yesterday really. You win your expected to you lose you need to get the sack. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

but we went in to matches thinking we could get round the bus - - now newport and cardiff have show how impotent we have become ( as did burnley, palace, Southampton etc etc - it's been the same all year)

It's been the same all year.... well except for when it hasn't.

Yes it's a problem against packed defences, the manger knows that and keeps saying that's exactly what he's trying to fix. That was an issue before he even arrived. Hence the last two getting sacked, you do remember that happening?

Let him get a few more players in, if they are of the same ability and attacking intent as Ricardo and Maddison then things could work out just fine. 

As for Newport, I'm sorry they didn't even defend well. We went through them time and time again and missed more absolute sitters than I can even remember. We managed twice as many shots as Spurs managed against them... and they weren't all tame shots from distance. We're talking a couple of yards out for no end of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I don’t see what’s to discuss, we’re 7th and at the very least meeting expectations. You don’t sack managers for cup results that financially mean little by comparison. It’s a business. We’re doing well.

Firstly, with regards to the finances, that is a hypothetical position to take. It would depend on much higher we finished in PL as a consequence of playing a weakened team. (Probably not much difference - will 1 game make much difference). For example, if we got to quarter final, it would probably be similar to finishing 2 places higher, given extra tv revenue. 

Secondly, momentum and confidence is important in any sport. Quite possible, a good cup run would help league form, particularly as there are no European games to play.

Thirdly, what about the fans, so important to Leicester? A good cup generates interest and enthusiasm across the city. If the playerswere so tired by afew cup that games we dropped points in PL, would the average fan prefer to finish say, 2  places lower ( wehave no chance of being relegated) or trying to win a competition we have the record of number of losing finals without a win?

Finally, is not the season effectively over? Realistically, no chance of a Champions League spot and I am unconvinced of the overall merits of a Europa League place.

PS Was Vardy unable to play? I may have missed something but I had not seen he was injured. Unless he wS,  very strange decision not to have him on the bench.

• Like 1