Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this post highlights just how irrational fans are on football. I'm equally as guilty, but this is just outrageous. That season under Pearson was fcukin awful from October to late March, absolutely soul destroying. The joy and relief of finally getting back to the Premier League and then we were heading straight back down. 

Some of the football was half decent, but nowhere near as decent as some of the football we've seen under Puel. If I could, I'd make you sit and watch the games vs Sunderland at home in early December, the Stoke home game in January, the famous Palace home game where Pearson strangled James McArthur and the Hull home game where they were down to 10 men for most of the game and we still couldn't score or win. Not to mention the abysmal games like West Ham away, Wrst Brom at home. There were so many. Yes we never got hammered but this season, bar the Bournemouth debacle we haven't seen too many games where we've been taken apart.

The truth is, it's all just mundane and a bit boring under Puel which is making grown men want to nut pool balls but we could be a hell of a lot worse and may well be in the next few years if our finances are severely restricted, then we'll appreciate it.

As i have said this is my opinion and that is yours, I do remember that season well we were very unlucky and never lost by more than one goal. I am not being mean but can I ask fo you actually attend games because the comment about bar the bournmouth game made me laugh we are dull and boring week after week. I can count on one hand the amount of decent games in 18 months we have had it’s just pathetic and all we here is “transition”

fulham, palace (last year too) West Ham Burnley Everton we’re absolute dross and I am sure if I spent more than one minute thinking I’d list more 

we are never all going to agree as I’ve said in the past this is our Brexit he doesn’t help himself to bring us onto his side 

all i know is I’ve gone from football mad to hoping Saturday doesn’t come and this style of play has ruined me it’s just dull 

Lifted straight of the comments section of when he was sacked by Southampton for finishing 8th and cup final loss, its paints the exact same pattern we see at the King Power.

"Lots of uninformed comments on here. Those saying 'finished 8th and got a to a cup final = madness to sack him' didn't have to sit through countless turgid home performances last year like I did. It's not all about where the club finishes; it's about being entertained. I paid £670 for my season ticket last year and saw 17 goals in 19 games at St Marys. That's £39 per goal"

"Football is supposed to be an entertainment business. 17 goals at home all season isn't very entertaining. Liverpool got rid of Roy Hodgson for the same reason. It might have all been very professional and well drilled but if smoking had been allowed in the ground people would have been stubbing cigarettes out on their arms to see if they were still alive"

I actually think the team is more stable than last season - We certainly defend better, and Chillwell and Ricardo benefit alot from this system. Perhaps with time the attacking bite will appear, we have Vardy who struggles at the minute to play this style and no backup that offers any impact. Perhaps this is the missing piece of the puzzle he will address?? but perhaps Southampton and us will press the red button to soon? 7th in the league is decent, the football is not great, but the foundations of an organised team are.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

The problem with the 'anything can happen in a one-off game' argument is it works both ways, as we saw on Sunday. If you put your whole season on the line where success relies on coming through 5 or 6 of those you're taking a huge chance.

I am not saying that. For the past two seasons we have been in a perfect position to go all-out for a Cup. We've been safe and we've run top teams close. With a bit better planning and organisation we could have won those quarter finals. We also self-destructed on a clear route to the Europa League. These chances don't crop up too often and it's criminal not to seize them.  

7 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Is it not ok with you for people to post opinion on this Forum then? 

Gray is ‘character’ ? Not in a good way. 

Maddison; talented but seems a lazy bastard to me. 

Maguire & Chilwell will run to one of the big six in the summer, so they won’t be here for any ‘revolution’

Puel’s ‘building for the future’ therefore to be a non entity.

Opinion yes but an opinion surely has to be formed from observational logic and context.  The parts of the 'opinions' I have have bolded are based on what?  Gray's presence is of immense benefit to the trio of Madders & Chilwell, OK he may be the weaker link out of the 3 but his presence gives us a stronger squad character just follow the other 2 on Twitter to recognise that.

Maddison - Lazy bastard?? - Based on what?  I am happy to be proved wrong if your opinion can actually be backed up by contextual examples.

Maguire & Chilwell - No doubt their heads will be turned but how can you speculate on character when the event that you are using to formulate your opinion hasn't even happened.  They may stay in the light of bids which will show they have character in abundance.

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well some fella called Reece Taylor isn’t having the best time on twitter after setting up this go fund for me page for a Puel Out banner on the back of a plane over the stadium....

https://www.gofundme.com/puel-out-plane-banner-over-stadium-protest

The idiot can't even spell :rolleyes:

"We can't have that clown keep on managing us lets get a plane to fly over the stadium to protest against Puel. It miggt be the knly thing thst works"

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

Can you back up your comment with stats please explain how a team can win 8 games in an entire Calender year and sit 7th and the league is the best in the world I think someone works for Sky here! 

Well we’ve won 9 games this season so I think that stat might be a little out! We’ve only won one league game this calendar year... Puel out :frantics::facepalm:

• Haha 1

Where has all the negativity come from within our support? 

I think it is because hope has been replaced by expectation that a club of our size/ stature cannot sustain let alone deliver.

Outside the top 6 I can think of at least 20 teams that would consider to be the same size or bigger than us in both terms of fan base and history. Where it has all gone very wonky is the title win whilst we wouldn’t swap for the world has made our fans think we are now an entitled superpower. 

The hope which all fans cling to for future aspirations has gone from us we have become a bickering bunch of deluded fans where anything other than yearly success is failure. Of the 20 teams in my mind all of them would swap for our set up and league position, our youth policy and would drool at the signings we are able to make.

we really are in danger of becoming a laughing stock and we ought to be careful what we wish for in terms of management changes etc because we could be setting ourselves up for a very big fall and soon become one of the 20

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well some fella called Reece Taylor isn’t having the best time on twitter after setting up this go fund for me page for a Puel Out banner on the back of a plane over the stadium....

Great idea, lets make the situation worse... I think we should all donate and buy Reece a big gold star

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this post highlights just how irrational fans are on football. I'm equally as guilty, but this is just outrageous. That season under Pearson was fcukin awful from October to late March, absolutely soul destroying. The joy and relief of finally getting back to the Premier League and then we were heading straight back down. 

Some of the football was half decent, but nowhere near as decent as some of the football we've seen under Puel. If I could, I'd make you sit and watch the games vs Sunderland at home in early December, the Stoke home game in January, the famous Palace home game where Pearson strangled James McArthur and the Hull home game where they were down to 10 men for most of the game and we still couldn't score or win. Not to mention the abysmal games like West Ham away, Wrst Brom at home. There were so many. Yes we never got hammered but this season, bar the Bournemouth debacle we haven't seen too many games where we've been taken apart.

The truth is, it's all just mundane and a bit boring under Puel which is making grown men want to nut pool balls but we could be a hell of a lot worse and may well be in the next few years if our finances are severely restricted, then we'll appreciate it.

This, this and ****ing this again!!!

The air brushing of past teams and players is Soviet style at times.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just because a team is a tad boring now, doesn't mean it's always going to be. I'm boring myself by saying it now, so I'm sorry. But people have short memories about our recent history, it was exactly the same under Pearson, it took him a year to sort the problem. There is no hard and fast rule that says if you aren't perfect in 6 months, you never will be. We're in a decent position, pretty much everyone agrees we are in the middle of major surgery in the squad. Lets just see where it goes, we'll have a fair idea if it's going to work come a dozen games into next season and he's had the chance to reshape the squad over two more windows.

Sure if things deteriorate and we're not picking up enough from now until the end of the season, then he might not get that amount of time. At some point you have to give people a real chance, rather than keep chopping and changing. Because if we keep sacking managers, the list of people wanting it will keep reducing. They'll see managers don't get time and wonder if it's worth it, especially if it's a good manager in another job.

I agree with lots of points and getting rid now achieves nothing. 

Whats interesting is when you look purely at the league stats we sit 5th best in goals against @ only 23 with teams like Arsenal on 31, Man Utd on 32 - We are clearly much more difficult to beat

Wolves fans as an example must be really enjoying their season. Ruben Neves sounds like the best thing since sliced bread when you follow them through the bbc. They are viewed as a good footballing side who move the ball extremely well.... They have actually scored less than us on 21 and conceded more! 

Funny old game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I think it is because hope has been replaced by expectation that a club of our size/ stature cannot sustain let alone deliver.

Outside the top 6 I can think of at least 20 teams that would consider to be the same size or bigger than us in both terms of fan base and history. Where it has all gone very wonky is the title win whilst we wouldn’t swap for the world has made our fans think we are now an entitled superpower. 

The hope which all fans cling to for future aspirations has gone from us we have become a bickering bunch of deluded fans where anything other than yearly success is failure. Of the 20 teams in my mind all of them would swap for our set up and league position, our youth policy and would drool at the signings we are able to make.

we really are in danger of becoming a laughing stock and we ought to be careful what we wish for in terms of management changes etc because we could be setting ourselves up for a very big fall and soon become one of the 20

i was wondering where some of its came from too, can understand with some performances mind but the players need to shoulder some of that blame,

i agree with you regards the title bit, ever since weve won it some fans views have gone beyond what we actually are, if we hadnt won the league im sure atm there wouldnt be all this toxic crap from Puel in and Puel out camps and being 7th,

im neither tbh but whenever i question people who want Puel out they suggest the like of Howe(who wouldnt come anyways) and one of the reasons they want him gone is that the football isnt entertaining, football is a  results business not an entertainment one and we are 7th, dont get me wrong if we lose 4/5 in a row and play crap then i think his head will be on the chopping

all in all though,ive never seen the supporter base so divided and toxic as of late

58 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Without reading the comments I assume...

"You want to.... fly a plane... A PLANE.... over our stadium.... after what's happened recently?!?!??"

Am I far off? lollollol 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

This negativity comes from Claude being stubborn and arrogant and refusing to provide even the briefest sketch of the reasoning behind his tactical and personnel decisions. He brings this on himself, it is entirely his fault, if he would simply provide supporters some understanding of the why behind his decisions, we would all back the guy.

But he refuses, for no real reason that I can see, and his silence creates a vacuum. And as nature abhors a vacuum, we supporters fill the silence with conjecture and doubt and people slowly turn on him until succeeding on the field is followed by getting his walking papers off it.

He could stop it all just by being less of a secretive, whispering weirdo, but that is the only way he is prepared to manage, so, y'know, maybe someone urge him not to buy property in Leicester, save himself a bit of money when he doesn't reach this time next year with the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1