Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

48 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

How anyone wants this boring failure who is depleting our club of any enthusiasm and spirit is beyond me. 

If you take away the excellent start he had post Shakespeare  (when we were still playing Shakespeare style of full flowing sexy attacking football and just waiting for it to click imo) what has he achieved? 

A loss to a weak Man City side twice in League Cup quarter finals after putting out criminal weakened sides and shall I remind you that we would have played Bristol City and then Burton Albion in semi finals. In the FA Cup we lost to Chelsea, fair enough I'll allow him that but this loss to Newport epitomises everything. 

Our failure to beat a crumbling Burnley side to 7th last season and achieve a European spot is my biggest gripe. How?! Burnley failed to win in about 2 months yet there we were rolling over to Newcastle and West Ham at home with nothing to play for and being drilled 5-0 at Palace. 

His system is far too predictable and negative and it's hardly a surprise that when he's changed to a 4 3 3 the results have been positive. 

His team selections are baffling. The decision to leave Choudhury out the squad against Cardiff for tactical reasons despite Mendy and Ndidi starting is just one of a constant string of howlers this man drops. 

He is driving fans away. We are bored. Who enjoys home games now? Who is excited for a Leicester 0-1 Southampton on Saturday? I'm certainly not. The soul has been sucked out of our club with this turgid horrendous football.

We've just sold 1 centre midfielder and set to sell another in Silva leaving us with 3 capable centre midfielders - none of whom go past the halfway line anyway. Our wingers are amongst the worst in the league as a group of wingers. He has had the chances to sort this, he has had 3 transfer windows and our squad has got considerably worse with every passing one. 

Delusional supporters can keep pointing at our league position but I can guarantee you all that we will not be there at the end of the season. There will be no European football next season and then you wonder what the purpose of this club is when we don't take cups serious and are more than happy to just comfortably avoid relegation year on year. Lacks ambition and motivation and that starts with this clown of a manager. 

We can wave goodbye to Ricardo, Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison at this rate.

depleting the club of enthusiasm and spirit............certainly doesnt help wiith there is such  a toxic vibe coming from sections of our supports tbh

sexy football under Shakey, certainly debatable there, it wasnt sexy at all tbh, and we played to what we know and knew how to do it, which can get found out, ala why Puel is trying to making a bit more of passing team rather than one thats mainly counter attack, so we have more strings to the bow so to speak............sexy football isnt ever LCFC tbhlol

a weak Man City side that still cost more than our team and  its hardly Puels fault the players are crap at pens, still its a wasted chance but thats life so deal with it

failure to beat Burnley to 7th last season, Burnley did well last season and they deserved to be 7th imo with how they played as a team, we didnt deserve it at all, 

change of formation, well you do know in that 4-3-3 we played 3 DCM, In  Ndidi,  Mendy and Hamza,and the team were hardy to beat against team how have a greater threat, compared to Cardiff, where we should have won or at least a draw but you cant get away that their winner was a worldie,  either way Puel probably would have got moaned at if he kept the 4-3-3 from some saying hes being to negative

is he really driving fans away? they cant be that arsed supporting us then through the bad times and only when its good, even during the bad times there was more togetherness than there is atm, but since the title win some fans expectations have gone way beyond what we are, 

and as for being bored, football is a results business, its not always about entertainment, even during our title season we played some crap football but thats overseen, im sure youd be overjoyed to see entertaining football and be 17th........

im sure youd be over the moon to see Puel go but then youd moan about who we got in as they werent entertaining etc, we have no riight for 7th when the likes of Everton etc have spent a shed load of cash.

and we can say bye bye to some players as they might not suit another managers plans

Im by no means a Puell in or out btw, rather see some stability at the club for once

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

How anyone wants this boring failure who is depleting our club of any enthusiasm and spirit is beyond me. 

If you take away the excellent start he had post Shakespeare  (when we were still playing Shakespeare style of full flowing sexy attacking football and just waiting for it to click imo) what has he achieved? 

A loss to a weak Man City side twice in League Cup quarter finals after putting out criminal weakened sides and shall I remind you that we would have played Bristol City and then Burton Albion in semi finals. In the FA Cup we lost to Chelsea, fair enough I'll allow him that but this loss to Newport epitomises everything. 

Our failure to beat a crumbling Burnley side to 7th last season and achieve a European spot is my biggest gripe. How?! Burnley failed to win in about 2 months yet there we were rolling over to Newcastle and West Ham at home with nothing to play for and being drilled 5-0 at Palace. 

His system is far too predictable and negative and it's hardly a surprise that when he's changed to a 4 3 3 the results have been positive. 

His team selections are baffling. The decision to leave Choudhury out the squad against Cardiff for tactical reasons despite Mendy and Ndidi starting is just one of a constant string of howlers this man drops. 

He is driving fans away. We are bored. Who enjoys home games now? Who is excited for a Leicester 0-1 Southampton on Saturday? I'm certainly not. The soul has been sucked out of our club with this turgid horrendous football.

We've just sold 1 centre midfielder and set to sell another in Silva leaving us with 3 capable centre midfielders - none of whom go past the halfway line anyway. Our wingers are amongst the worst in the league as a group of wingers. He has had the chances to sort this, he has had 3 transfer windows and our squad has got considerably worse with every passing one. 

Delusional supporters can keep pointing at our league position but I can guarantee you all that we will not be there at the end of the season. There will be no European football next season and then you wonder what the purpose of this club is when we don't take cups serious and are more than happy to just comfortably avoid relegation year on year. Lacks ambition and motivation and that starts with this clown of a manager. 

We can wave goodbye to Ricardo, Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison at this rate.

lol

In what parallel universe was that?

Shakespeare was the most clueless manager I've seen since Frank Mclintock.

Edited by Buce

Our football hasn't been consistently sexy since about Feb 2016. Its been consistently safety first and negative since then with a few sporadic good performances that remind us of the capabilities of some of our players when they play without fear.

As critical as I am of Puel the negative football predates him but he is another manager that is safety first so he feeds into the safety first mentality and thats something that isn't likely going to change on his watch. All we've done is swap hoof ball for slow sideways and backwards passing with the occasional cross to nobody in the box.

Unfortunately I think frustrations of the negative style of play we've played with for the past 3 years has come to a head and Puel being the man in charge now is the scapegoat for it. Granted he can do better but its not entirely his fault either.

• Like 2

The worrying thing about having Puel here is the long term effect. The longer he is here, the more ingrained will become the negativity, the dourness and the divisiveness (players, fans, everything). He was only at Southampton for a year but, boy, they are struggling to put that behind them!  (Not me saying that - Saints fans). Three managers and two years later and they are still suffering from his Legacy. The insidious eating away of everything 'Leicester' that is currently happening is worrying although somewhat glossed over by our unmeritted league position. Please act before severe, lasting damage is done. He needs to be gone.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Come off it, There was no excuse for that team he put out other than he couldn't give a toss about the F.A cup. So what if players got injured that's all part of football, and it's not as if we are in a relegation fight, which then you could understand the reason. He showed the utmost disrespect to Newport, to the F.a cup competition and to all those travelling away fans. The sooner this Fraud is given the boot the sooner we can start to move forward again. We just don't deserve a fraud like Claud in charge.

Wow - really hits the nail on the head!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

The worrying thing about having Puel here is the long term effect. The longer he is here, the more ingrained will become the negativity, the dourness and the divisiveness (players, fans, everything). He was only at Southampton for a year but, boy, they are struggling to put that behind them!  (Not me saying that - Saints fans). Three managers and two years later and they are still suffering from his Legacy. The insidious eating away of everything 'Leicester' that is currently happening is worrying although somewhat glossed over by our unmeritted league position. Please act before severe, lasting damage is done. He needs to be gone.

my girlfriend is a southampton fan, and it isnt all his fault and thats from her mouth, Saints have/had sold many of there best players; and certain behind the scenes factors, Les Reed etc didnt help either.

they arent suffer from his legacy,  they are suffering from getting crappy players in to replace the ones sold, there are alot bigger factors at Southampton than it being down to Puel

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yeah I'm sure that's it... definitely had nothing to do with hiring a load of shite managers after he went like Mark Hughes, selling all their best players and replacing them with crap. It's absolutely 100% the fault of Puel, the man who got them to a cup final and strong league finish. I mean it's ridiculous not to think that isn't it.

Yeah we all know you'll support him till the end (and heaven forfend other should have a differing opinion) even when the whole football world is sniggering at our Newport County fiasco.

We must all love The Maestro.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Come off it, There was no excuse for that team he put out other than he couldn't give a toss about the F.A cup. So what if players got injured that's all part of football, and it's not as if we are in a relegation fight, which then you could understand the reason. He showed the utmost disrespect to Newport, to the F.a cup competition and to all those travelling away fans. The sooner this Fraud is given the boot the sooner we can start to move forward again. We just don't deserve a fraud like Claud in charge.

I'm as fvcked off as the next man about Sunday after an almost £100 day watching that shit, but the problem of our club treating the FA Cup with such disgraceful contempt is hardly his doing - it's been going on for years. Plus, how many modern managers out there who would realistically replace him would actually have done differently? I can't think of a single one.

If winning silverware is our ambition (for me, it should be) to be prioritised above league position every year, then it's something that needs making explicitly clear to whoever our manager happens to be. Otherwise, you can't expect them to treat the early rounds of the Cup any differently than other middling clubs like ourselves who bizarrely consider that competition beneath them.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

Yeah we all know you'll support him till the end (and heaven forfend other should have a differing opinion) even when the whole football world is sniggering at our Newport County fiasco.

We must all love The Maestro.

And there we have it once again, idiots reverting to the.... "duuurrrrrrr you love him" posts when someone blows them out of the water actually just looking at things rationally.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yeah I'm sure that's it... definitely had nothing to do with hiring a load of shite managers after he went like Mark Hughes, selling all their best players and replacing them with crap. It's absolutely 100% the fault of Puel, the man who got them to a cup final and strong league finish. I mean it's ridiculous not to think that isn't it.

At face value it looks like Puel did a fantastic job yet when he was axed there wasn't a massive outcry from the Saints fans it was actually the opposite. Their board has made some extremely dodgy decisions since then and its not Puels fault for the predicament they are currently in but there are many paralells between that situation for Southampton with the high league finish and the cup final to us currently (albeit we'll never have a cup final at this rate). Their fans and board knew something wasn't quite right and the league finished masked that - a good proportion of our fans think the same so something, somewhere stinks.

On the flip side in hindsight sacking Puel was the wrong decision for Southampton and you could argue that despite the dour football and strange tactical decisions the Puel approach might have had them finishing higher than they have recently.

For me Puel is nothing but a safe pair of hands. He's never going to have his teams push on, they'll just do reasonably well. There will always be a sense of missed opportunity with him in charge because he's just too safe.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Want me to reel off some of Puel's runs and results? 

The best attacking performance I have seen was our 4-3 defeat at Arsenal on the opening day. Thoroughly unfortunate not to win and I'd rather lose like that then a 1-0 loss with 0 shots on target as has been the norm with Passive Puel

Our best attacking display was the 4-1 demolition of Southampton and West Brom last season. Both games we could have scored 10.

• Like 3

Just now, Dames said:

At face value it looks like Puel did a fantastic job yet when he was axed there wasn't a massive outcry from the Saints fans it was actually the opposite. Their board has made some extremely dodgy decisions since then and its not Puels fault for the predicament they are currently in but there are many paralells between that situation for Southampton with the high league finish and the cup final to us currently (albeit we'll never have a cup final at this rate). Their fans and board knew something wasn't quite right and the league finished masked that - a good proportion of our fans think the same so something, somewhere stinks.

On the flip side in hindsight sacking Puel was the wrong decision for Southampton and you could argue that despite the dour football and strange tactical decisions the Puel approach might have had them finishing higher than they have recently.

For me Puel is nothing but a safe pair of hands. He's never going to have his teams push on, they'll just do reasonably well. There will always be a sense of missed opportunity with him in charge because he's just too safe.

I'm not saying he did a fantastic job, like here there are issues to sort. But, both clubs have had relatively successful seasons under him, no matter what you think of his style neither team have been in trouble.

We were in trouble before he joined and aren't now, they weren't in trouble with him there, but they are without him. It takes some pretty special mental gymnastics to put any blame at his door.

People not liking a style of play, doesn't mean the manager is bad. He's continued to get enough points here and there to show he's not. Does his football style and personality lend itself to people liking him, no clearly not.

• Like 4

I'm old enough to get all this  'romance of the cup', but it's actually the FAs fault that clubs have moved on and they haven't. Prize money is pitiful, FA lining it's own pockets instead, with fantasy Wembley and expensive HQ and over stuffed with high paid staff. League cup is even worse, £50k to win quarter final I think? Playing semifinals at Wembley massively devalues FA cup and Spurs playing there every game devalues it even more. (Spits)

Truth is that Champions League is the one but only because the FA are still in the 1930s.

• Like 2

Just now, SuperMike said:

So the football is not dour and negative? So Puel does not divide opinions?

I must be mistaken - Babylon has spoken.

Funny that you seem to have missed the whole section about Southampton being all his fault, which was the main point of your post.

You should change your user name to Special Mike.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

lol

In what parallel universe was that?

Shakespeare was the most clueless manager I've seen since Frank Mclintock.

Massive mistake for Shakey to feel he had an obligation to have a go at the managers job. Feel for the guy.

Clearly a great coach, liked by the team and very well known to the fans and respected. Obvious what he achieved in that role.

I've had to Google the current hierarchy and I'm still none the wiser.

Here lies part of the problem

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not saying he did a fantastic job, like here there are issues to sort. But, both clubs have had relatively successful seasons under him, no matter what you think of his style neither team have been in trouble.

We were in trouble before he joined and aren't now, they weren't in trouble with him there, but they are without him. It takes some pretty special mental gymnastics to put any blame at his door.

People not liking a style of play, doesn't mean the manager is bad. He's continued to get enough points here and there to show he's not. Does his football style and personality lend itself to people liking him, no clearly not.

This whole groundswell of Puel detractors has left me equally baffled Babs. Like any fan I have found some of his decisions strange ie playing James on Sunday being a recent one, however, I'm seeing more positives than negatives and definitively nothing that backs up the portrayal of him as the Devil reincarnated.

Every manager has faults and makes strange decisions yet Claude is damned if he does or doesn't and the bile and vitriol is continuously adjusted to suit their agenda as opposed to sensible critique and evaluation.

Pre and post Christmas fixtures being the prime examples. Compare the Cardiff and Newport threads to the other fixtures and  that typifies their imbalanced viewpoints. 

My opinion is not based on Blue tinted specs, he has faults, I just feel the work in progress and stability will lead to gradual and sustainable improvement which will benefit the club.

• Like 3

Also the basic fact is the whole thing is a process, Babylon's kept making the Pearson comparison which is fair. Managers rarely come in and are brilliant from day one. Unless the entire plan is to get a series of new manager bumps to propel us to mid table every year I'm not sure what it is exactly the anti-Puel extremists want. Some of the more moderate complaints I get, but the visceral hatred is just weird. By all means be absolutely raging about losing some cup games but what do you get out of it?

I think the football stuff is overblown but that seems to be the main issue, people harp back to this mythical time when were brilliant to watch but that was bound to happen after the title win. It ain't great sometimes but we've also put in some brilliant performances.

And if your problem is you don't know who the assistant manager is now because he doesn't hold a couple of big bouncy balls under his arms before every game I'm not sure how to help you.

Edited by Wdywd
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

what in the hell are you talking about? this isnt politics its football... you sound like Corbyn honestly. Puels long term effect has already made our youth academy one of the most inspiring and attractive pplaces to want to be apart of. Hes trusting them and from the few interviews they are excited and really happy with him. Nothing whatsoever has gave me the feeling Puel and the club is on a knifesedge or close to a sack. You are so full of shite and i think i  read someone say 'excuses out of thin air to bitch and moan' thats you. Puel did a pretty damn good job at SFC and sacking him has proven that it was a huge mistake.. look at them, It wasnt puels long term effect that did anything. The owners and recruitment made that happen.

Puel wont be going anywhere and im happy with what he has given to the club. Stability and potential. #puelin

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 3