Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Organising to have a plane fly over with a Puel Out message is just way over the top. Things definitely aren’t that bad. 

We’re 7th in the prem yes I’m pi553d that CP hasn’t respected the cup competitions and fielded a below par team in both games a chance to go on and possibly go further in both competitions, then on the other hand Vardy or Kasper get injured at Newport and is out for a few weeks then CP would have been Villified for playing them in those cup games ?

Yes I understand players can get injuries at anytime but pushing some players and Vardy isn’t 100% if all the reports are to be believed is madness to push them to the limits !!

6 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Who?

Morgan over Benkovic

Evans over Söyüncü

Chilwell debut 2 years previous

Hamza debut before Puel then left out for an age

Ghazzel 26

Aging Vardy our only real forward, no young player supporting or knocking on the door

He's doing nothing out of the ordinary. Players only realistically have playing window of 10 years.

We have 3 regular players of 22, others are hardly kids.

Had the opportunity against Newport, they're the games to introduce youth not play a bunch of players you have openly rejected

Benkovic and Soyuncu great young prospects not quite ready so one out on loan one introduced gradually,  don't see a problem. As someone said on here, some fans are incapable of getting their heads round buying for the near future. After a shakey start,  Morgan and Evans have been our best two centre halves. 

Chilwell if you check played bit parts, it's Puel that stuck with and persisted with him.

Hamza introduced gently and suitably, it's called management of a young player so they don't get demoralised which is quite easy with the sort of criticism on here if they make the slightest mistake and don't play like a seasoned professional against some of the best talents in Europe.

He really can't win with you can he,  if he'd played the under 23s and lost, would you have praised him for trying or castigated him I wonder? The team he picked should have been more than ample to complete the job. We should have but didn't score a hat full on the grounds that apart from Vardy we have no forwards,  not Puels fault that,  he inherited what he's got.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

We’re 7th in the prem yes I’m pi553d that CP hasn’t respected the cup competitions and fielded a below par team in both games a chance to go on and possibly go further in both competitions, then on the other hand Vardy or Kasper get injured at Newport and is out for a few weeks then CP would have been Villified for playing them in those cup games ?

Yes I understand players can get injuries at anytime but pushing some players and Vardy isn’t 100% if all the reports are to be believed is madness to push them to the limits !!

Kasper wouldn't have saved either of the Newport goals. 

Vardy should have been on the bench.. Could have nicked it if he had come on with 20 mins left.. Instead,  we had Andy King on to save the day! 

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Name the managers that told why players had been dropped, how they intended to change things in the future and their hopes for where the club would finish and which cups they wanted to win.

Ever hear of this Claudio guy? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulhams-tactical-switch-chelsea-explained-15495813.amp

It isn't worth my time to do more googling than that. I am not talking about sharing state secrets pre-match, I am talking about explaining his thinking for team selection post-match. Do none of the managers in the Prem offer their thinking post-match? Pretty sure I watch then answer reasonable questions on the regular. But Claude doesn't. Is it so hard to give an actual f'ing answer re why Vards wasn't on the bench in the Cup when Stringer asked post-match?

Most everybody here recognizes Claude is incresibly secretive. Most everybody here recognizes he chops and changes line-ups incessantly with nary a word of explanation. Most everybody here recognizes that he makes the job far harder on himself by stonewalling reporters who ask the most basic of questions. If he simply let people in so as to sketch the basics for his incessant tinkering, he wouldn't be getting fired so often. 

I'm a big Puel fan and it pains me to watch him handicap his own appointment with his arrogance, but that is what you get when you hire him -- a needlessly stubborn manager who for whatever reason refuses to invite real fan support. If you don't see that, ok.

6 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Well how can I possibly answer that with a straight face, but to summarize  let’s sack the manager because he’s a whispering  weirdo ? I know let’s get a raving lunatic like Holloway back because he makes us laugh.

you couldn’t make it up

Mate, I don't want Claude out. Just the opposite. But he makes his own job needlessly difficult by refusing to engage. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2019 at 18:16, somebum said:

Thanks, shows that there are people out there. Many FT posters would like you to believe the only alternatives are Benitez, big Sam and pardew. 

We’ve never looked like headhunting a manager from abroad under the current owners, Claudio was the only non domestic based appointment and he applied for the job. I don’t think there’s enough well connected and knowledgeable people behind the scenes at the club to appoint a manager from a continental European club. 

Our appointments haven’t really showed much foresight and I don’t think that’ll change with our current set up place 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Benkovic and Soyuncu great young prospects not quite ready so one out on loan one introduced gradually,  don't see a problem. As someone said on here, some fans are incapable of getting their heads round buying for the near future. After a shakey start,  Morgan and Evans have been our best two centre halves. 

Chilwell if you check played bit parts, it's Puel that stuck with and persisted with him.

Hamza introduced gently and suitably, it's called management of a young player so they don't get demoralised which is quite easy with the sort of criticism on here if they make the slightest mistake and don't play like a seasoned professional against some of the best talents in Europe.

He really can't win with you can he,  if he'd played the under 23s and lost, would you have praised him for trying or castigated him I wonder? The team he picked should have been more than ample to complete the job. We should have but didn't score a hat full on the grounds that apart from Vardy we have no forwards,  not Puels fault that,  he inherited what he's got.

Remember Chilwell's thread last season and before and how they absolutely mullered Puel for insisting with him.

Remember Choudhury where most said he wasn't good enough.

Remember the doubts about Barnes.

Look at how Maddison is criticized.

It really pisses me off to read such unfair, disgraceful comments trying to undermine his work by any means necessary. 

Edited by That_Dude

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

We’ve never looked like headhunting a manager from abroad under the current owners, Claudio was the only non domestic based appointment and he applied for the job. I don’t think there’s enough well connected and knowledgeable people behind the scenes at the club to appoint a manager from a continental European club. 

Our appointments haven’t really showed much foresight and I don’t think that’ll change with our current set up place 

Exactly! Why do people think we might get the next Pochettino in? Not going to happen.

Every appointment since Pearson has been done because it suits Big Johnny Rudkin. Cheap, available and won't rock the boat structurally.

If Puel went there's a very small pool of candidates we'd be drawing from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wdywd said:

lol

The sexy football that had us win 1 in 8, drawing to Huddersfield, Bournemouth and West Brom and averaging a goal a game

Want me to reel off some of Puel's runs and results? 

The best attacking performance I have seen was our 4-3 defeat at Arsenal on the opening day. Thoroughly unfortunate not to win and I'd rather lose like that then a 1-0 loss with 0 shots on target as has been the norm with Passive Puel

Just now, Father Ted said:

Want me to reel off some of Puel's runs and results? 

The best attacking performance I have seen was our 4-3 defeat at Arsenal on the opening day. Thoroughly unfortunate not to win and I'd rather lose like that then a 1-0 loss with 0 shots on target as has been the norm with Passive Puel

That's a straw man. The poster simply said that it is a stretch to call Shakespeare's football sexy. Please give evidence based examples of Shakespeare's sexy football. X 

7 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Remember Chilwell's thread last season and before and how they absolutely mullered Puel for insisting with him.

Remember Choudhury where most said he wasn't good enough.

Remember the doubts about Barnes.

Look at how Maddison is criticized.

It really pisses me off to read such unfair, disgraceful comments trying to undermine his work by any means necessary. 

I absolutely agree and if our young players were unwise enough to look at this forum, how demoralising it could be. Then when they appear aloof and get accused of lack of loyalty when they leave,  who can blame them. Chilwell is still far from the finished article and I'm sure he'd be the first to acknowledge it yet what a prospect. The amount of work he gets through opens him up for the odd mistake but he does so much more that's positive and good. It's the latter that should perhaps be praised more. All young players will be inconsistent by definition.  If they're giving of their best some need to be cut a little more slack and applauded.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

How anyone wants this boring failure who is depleting our club of any enthusiasm and spirit is beyond me. 

If you take away the excellent start he had post Shakespeare  (when we were still playing Shakespeare style of full flowing sexy attacking football and just waiting for it to click imo) what has he achieved? 

A loss to a weak Man City side twice in League Cup quarter finals after putting out criminal weakened sides and shall I remind you that we would have played Bristol City and then Burton Albion in semi finals. In the FA Cup we lost to Chelsea, fair enough I'll allow him that but this loss to Newport epitomises everything. 

Our failure to beat a crumbling Burnley side to 7th last season and achieve a European spot is my biggest gripe. How?! Burnley failed to win in about 2 months yet there we were rolling over to Newcastle and West Ham at home with nothing to play for and being drilled 5-0 at Palace. 

His system is far too predictable and negative and it's hardly a surprise that when he's changed to a 4 3 3 the results have been positive. 

His team selections are baffling. The decision to leave Choudhury out the squad against Cardiff for tactical reasons despite Mendy and Ndidi starting is just one of a constant string of howlers this man drops. 

He is driving fans away. We are bored. Who enjoys home games now? Who is excited for a Leicester 0-1 Southampton on Saturday? I'm certainly not. The soul has been sucked out of our club with this turgid horrendous football.

We've just sold 1 centre midfielder and set to sell another in Silva leaving us with 3 capable centre midfielders - none of whom go past the halfway line anyway. Our wingers are amongst the worst in the league as a group of wingers. He has had the chances to sort this, he has had 3 transfer windows and our squad has got considerably worse with every passing one. 

Delusional supporters can keep pointing at our league position but I can guarantee you all that we will not be there at the end of the season. There will be no European football next season and then you wonder what the purpose of this club is when we don't take cups serious and are more than happy to just comfortably avoid relegation year on year. Lacks ambition and motivation and that starts with this clown of a manager. 

We can wave goodbye to Ricardo, Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison at this rate.

I'm sorry but are you for real, sexy football? come off it we looked as stale as a block of cheese that's been left out the fridge all day

11 hours ago, justfoxes said:

CP hasn’t respected the cup competitions and fielded a below par team in both games

There was 5 players who had won the premier league for us in that starting 11 against Newport and I think 3 others who have won it in the match day squad 

that team against newport wasn’t our strongest but should have easily beat a struggling league 2 team 

• Like 1

It's even just the absolute basic complaints where people feel the need to just make stuff up that annoy me as well. Like he hasn't had 3 transfer windows, he's had 2 and 9 days. He isn't the transfer guru, no one buys anyone in January because it's shit value and tough to get anyone good. The combined Premier League signings this window are Samir Nasri on a free and Pulisic who cost £58m and was loaned back to Dortmund

Plus what Lionator posted above

30 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

when we were still playing Shakespeare style of full flowing sexy attacking football and just waiting for it to click imo

Shakespeare attacking football lol you need a bloody eye test. There was nothing sexy about going to Huddersfield playing for 0-0 or the same at home to West Brom. What we're playing now is still more interesting than Shakespeare beyond his first 6 or 7 games.

11 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Come off it, There was no excuse for that team he put out other than he couldn't give a toss about the F.A cup. So what if players got injured that's all part of football, and it's not as if we are in a relegation fight, which then you could understand the reason. He showed the utmost disrespect to Newport, to the F.a cup competition and to all those travelling away fans. The sooner this Fraud is given the boot the sooner we can start to move forward again. We just don't deserve a fraud like Claud in charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1