Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

If teams sit in at home, which I think Southampton might have to do being so depleted, we have to play 3-5-2 and have the extra bodies upfront and in midfield to try and create something, chilwell and Ricardo bombing up and down the wings should create space and chances from crosses, with two strikers in the box

4 minutes ago, burleighfox said:

Money's on Southampton catching us out with a goal out of nothing, sitting back for the rest of the game and watching us struggle to come up with an answer. I hope I'm very wrong.

How did the audition for the Grim Reaper go?:ph34r:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Much as I hate to admit it, this game DOES have 'not the type of game that Leicester does well in, lately' written all over it.

Let's hope a corner is turned in this regard.

I tend to agree, however i'm looking forward to 2pm to see the team we put out and 3pm to watch the game. I am hoping after last weeks exit from the cup, we will be going for it, with something to prove. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I tend to agree, however i'm looking forward to 2pm to see the team we put out and 3pm to watch the game. I am hoping after last weeks exit from the cup, we will be going for it, with something to prove. 

I will provide live reports, in our last non-live fixture before 4 live ones...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Well that would be a 433 against a team not renowned for being a heavy possession. I’d be intrigued to see how it would fare. On paper that’s too many defensive mids but it might give us complete dominance of midfield so the attacking players have more licence to play. It’s also perfect for Harvey Barnes to play as the left sided forward in the second half. 

After seeing how effective the 433 has been in recent weeks I did wonder if Barnes would be recalled. In theory he will improve the attacking play in the system. A manager should select the system that is best suited to the players we have and this could be it. The midfield 3 have worked together excellently so far and I love Hamza’s energy. 

Lets see what happens but if we end up with a team in the second half with Chilwell, Choudhury and Barnes all playing it would be pretty epic!

Edited by StriderHiryu

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

People moaned when we didnt play this team vs Cardiff at home. Puel has delivered for those moaners.

Three defensive midfielders at home to Southampton with Maddison out of position on the wing again is annoying, no wonder we hardly score these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

People moaned when we didnt play this team vs Cardiff at home. Puel has delivered for those moaners.

Who are now moaning about it, right on cue.

I'd certainly like to see Barnes on the bench, though I never expected him to get a start.  He'd certainly be useful if we're chasing a goal late.