Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Iborra Joins Villarreal

Just now, sylofox said:

Different game but says a lot if he just slotted in. I don't think either. Him or Silva have been given a proper chance with us. 

No mate I agree, joking aside I liked Iborra. Something that was never really explored was playing Iborra as an attacking midfielder. I'd of liked to see that as I noticed in his first few games he got pushed up, I can't remember the game but he was good in and around the box and could clearly score a header or two. I'm gutted he's gone especially as he and likely Silva will and have left before King and James. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieB said:

No mate I agree, joking aside I liked Iborra. Something that was never really explored was playing Iborra as an attacking midfielder. I'd of liked to see that as I noticed in his first few games he got pushed up, I can't remember the game but he was good in and around the box and could clearly score a header or two. I'm gutted he's gone especially as he and likely Silva will and have left before King and James. 

In another universe he would have been our target man option, I think he would have been tricky for oppo CB's.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Different game but says a lot if he just slotted in. I don't think either. Him or Silva have been given a proper chance with us. 

Saw the game. He came on midway in the 2H (about 66th min), and frankly was his usual self - basically strolling around the pitch and making casual/neat passes. He however took out (albeit inadvertently) one of the Espanyol players, and I am not sure what the rivalries are out there but that seemed to get the crowd up. Subsequently, Villarreal scored twice in the last 5 minutes of normal time to grab a 2-2 draw after being 0-2 down. The La Liga seems a better fit to his cantering style, but frankly saw nothing to cause regret yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, StevieB said:

He wore No. 10 for Villarreal, but Santi Carzola was playing the attacking midfield role.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently according to the Merc, (and apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere), cus Iborra has gone on compassionate grounds (family not settled) Silva, who was destined to go, is probably going to be retained and could figure for the rest of the season.  Apparently there had been many other clubs interested.   P.S.  They definitely don't want to keep Kingy.  

• Like 1

On 23/01/2019 at 12:33, Countryfox said:

Apparently according to the Merc, (and apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere), cus Iborra has gone on compassionate grounds (family not settled) Silva, who was destined to go, is probably going to be retained and could figure for the rest of the season.  Apparently there had been many other clubs interested.   P.S.  They definitely don't want to keep Kingy.  

I posted the above just the other day ...    however, after reading today’s Mercury earlier !! ...   

About turn !!!   ....

99F36EBB-DDEB-4CC1-8707-E744BFB8A9D3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I posted the above just the other day ...    however, after reading today’s Mercury earlier !! ...   

About turn !!!   ....

Reports on news now today back your first post. They claim Silva has been told he's going nowhere until the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

More chance the sun will go out this afternoon lol lol I can't remember the last time the merc broke any news. 

You’re right, they don’t normally break news but do try to be accurate ..   this is just lazy journalism and bad editing ..   wallies !!   :)

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You’re right, they don’t normally break news but do try to be accurate ..   this is just lazy journalism and bad editing ..   wallies !!   :)

Who knows what the truth is. Tbh since the Thais arrived wwe get very few up dates on what's happening. No news on injuries or anything. I wonder if any club gives out less information than us. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2019 at 21:47, sylofox said:

They've had plenty of chances and were found wanting. Both were very good players in their respective countries before they came to us so we shouldn't be surprised if they go back and are good again. Both countries play a different type of football to us. It was our more physical faster pace of game that they struggled with and their ages may have also contributed to their inability to adapt. Both I believe tried their best but we can't necessarily see Iborra doing well back in Spain and assume our club missed a trick either. Here, Iborra was ponderously slow and forever behind the action. In a slower paced game I'm sure he excels. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Getting absolutely trashed for his performances so far since moving.

Yet Puel was trashed for not playing him here. As much as i would've loved to see the guy play and given more time, I guess we don't truly see how they perform on the training pitch. Maybe there were signs of this and that being a reason he was let go 

• Like 2

On 25/01/2019 at 17:23, Countryfox said:

About turn !!!   ....

Funny how they say he fell down the pecking order when he never even got in. How we have treated Silva is shameful. He was delayed registration by 4 months because of our admin error. Then he got a few random appearances and was later frozen. It is not like we have a lot of CMs doing great passing too.