Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Iborra Joins Villarreal

Good luck Vicente, he always put in a shift and was a decent player. With the emergence of Hamza Choudhury I think it's better that younger players get given a run in the team over older ones when the players are relatively similar in terms of ability. In fact, I think Hamza has done better this season that Iborra.

It also potentially opens the door in the summer for a new player to compete for midfield spots. Iborra and Silva are going to be on much higher wages than Hamza and James. This could be a case of moving players on now, and then picking up improvements in the summer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we could get a loan with option to buy he'd honestly fit us perfectly. Can defend, gets stuck in, can thread a ball and pick a pass. Problem is he's had so little football and we've had all the rumours about injuries that keep coming back.

We don't have a quick lborra to call on and given the current mamalaise he's be welcome.

We need to properly assess older foreign players like Iborra and Silva we purchase them to see if they  can fit in the lifestyle of the uk, these guys have families and kids, surely they going to miss them if there children have schools abroad they are attending. Also they may find it hard to fit in with out families and friends. 

Better to buy foreign younger players who do not have kids to look after or wives back home

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So creative with his 0 assists.

He's too slow and lumbering, Silva too lightweight. The simple reality is, two players not signed by this manager do not fit into the system he wants to play. We need someone more all action who can defend and pick a pass. They just don't fit into the category.

It's such a load of bollocks to suggest the manager doesn't want creativity. Who got Ricardo instead of Simpson and Maddison instead of Okazaki? How about you give him a chance to get in some players he think will fit. With your attitude we'd have just stuck with Simpson, rather than getting Ricardo who fits his style.

Talking sense on this forum? How dare you!

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

We can find clubs for them, problem is how much we still have to pay just to get rid.

It would a total pisstake if Sporting ended up with Silva back, a profit and us contributing towards his wage.

Has to be done I’m afraid. For the squad to be properly upgraded some brutal decisions have to be taken and some losses incurred too. We might get lucky like we did with Musa and get some lunatics to pay over the odds.  

Probably our third best midfielder after Mendy and Ndidi - we have still probably have too many midfielders till in the aforementioned pair, Silva, Choudhury, King and Jame. Looks as though Silva and King will be off in the summer if not sooner. Ideally I'd like us to sign a strong passer now but it's not an easy window to buy in.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't wait til the end of the month when willingly take a huge loss on Silva just to deliberately sell him back to Sporting 14 seconds late. 

We'd somehow come out on the losing side of that one, Rudkin hasn't got the skills.

Was never suited to our style of play, a good player in a different team. good that we get 9million for him. the money needs to be spent wisely focusing on a player who's style of play will fit into our own if we are not building the team around them. we do need a midfield maestro who will pull the strings.

47 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Add to the thickening file marked 'bad signings'.

Not sure why we bought him in the first place to be honest. Although he had his moments, they were few and far between and his lack of pace was always far too big a handicap for this league.

He wasn't a bad signing, he wasn't brilliant, but lumping him in the bad pile is very harsh. 

Got most of the fee back, not sure what people are moaning about. 

No wait hang on, this is FT, people don't need a reason to moan lol

• Like 1

Lets get rid of Silva now, a proven Portuguese international.

Maybe because he's worse than Mendy, Ndidi, James and Choudhury.... Oh dear.

Im in the Puel in camp but cant help but a feel a different sort of manager would have Silva first on his teamsheet

Good luck to Vicente though, disappointed also as quality player but pace is an issue for him. I think its more for family reasons to be honest

Edited by chris_lcfc_85
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, MattP said:

Problem is the least shittest will be the ones easier to shift.

No one is going to take players like James, Slimani, Silva or Iheanacho off us unless we almost give them away or contribute a huge part of the wage.

Even then I'd be surprised. Maybe I'm exaggerating but I feel like we could end up with several Rodwells here.

I hope Iborra does well at Villarreal. He looked good during his 1st few months at the club when we gave him games and there should have been times after that where we needed a man with his calmness out on the pitch. Sadly, for what ever reason/s things just didn't work out for him in the end. I can also imagine a player of his age and experience is desperate to play and would have been a big factor behind his decision to leave the club. 

I think his greatest moment at the KP was when he gave us the free kick that led to Wes Morgan's goal against Sevilla. (...and probably our greatest night at the KP ever!)

I'll always remember him for that! ;). Sorry...it was the first thing that came to mind. :thumbup:

Good luck Vincente!

I suspect he / his family were never really happy here

Marco Maggio
24 FEB 2018

He said to the Spanish outlet: We are pretty fine. We live in a very calm area, although we miss Spain a lot. There we made a lot of life with our teammates, we were closer to our friends and here it’s different. The food is good, because what we do not get here we ask for it online (laughs).”

He was then asked whether it was easy to convince his family to switch Sevilla for Leicester:

“It is not easy, because what you want is for your family to be comfortable and happy. It’s true that we are fine here, but, from time to time, we miss things that we did with our teammates or with our family when they came to Sevilla.”

The former Sevilla player then went on to compare the friendships in Sevilla to his current club: 

“Here they do not have the philosophy of making more life with their teammates. Many live far away and come to train every day from other cities. It’s something that surprised me, the club allows it and they prefer to live in their cities.

Leicester City v Manchester City - Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
At the end of the interview Iborra was asked about his future, he replied: "I have always said that going back to Levante is one of my goals. I wish to return to Spain, to live there and because I would like to play in the Spanish league, but I do not know when. I hope the road of Levante and mine will cross again.”