Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

2 hours ago, knitro said:

He's direct and plays angry - love that he's up to contest every ball and take on defenders. 

To add to this he’s also really determined. If something goes wrong or he makes a mistake he just tries even harder! That’s several games in a row now he should have scored but rather than being down about it he keeps grafting and getting into great positions. He just kept going and going the whole match. Truly fantastic attitude. 

• Like 1

He's reminded me of Lloyd Dyer in the last few games. Fast and exciting dribbling and running at players, but embarrassing end product, almost to the extent of being unable to kick the ball properly when it comes to taking a shot. To take seven shots in a game and not get any of them on target, as he did last night, is pretty poor really and profligacy could have cost us.

Mind you Lloyd was still like this into his 30s, sure Barnes will improve with time.

The lad's workrate is unbelievable - not many players are capable of giving that level of intensity for the full 90. Barnes on the left and Albrighton on the right could make for very interesting ends to games once the opposition tire with those two still going.

We need to remember he's only 21 and shrugging off challenges from bigger, experienced PL defenders like its nothing. In the first half he was dragged back for the foul which earned Montoya a yellow, shrugged him off and carried on sprinting down to the byline as if he hadn't been touched. His time roughing it' in the championship has done him the world of good.

Seriously impressed. Once he finds his shooting boots he'll be on the verge of an England call-up.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I reckon after last night that Southgate will be keeping a VERY close eye on him. 

Said to a lad at work today, I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the England squad within the year. He's missing that final touch for us at the moment, but it just feels like a matter of time before he just goes on a mad one.

• Like 3

On 11/02/2019 at 01:52, lgfualol said:

Frustrated me today but got in good positions and worked hard. He still needs some time with Chilwell to get on the same wavelength.

When he scores he will start smashing them in on the regular.

He was great, I agree. Just one of those things. 

He is also probably better suited to play like he did at WBA through the middle and roam freely rather than get stuck on the left with Chiwell - who is not exactly good at doing linkup plays.

Let’s see what Rogers will do with him.

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah I've noticed this obviously some old academy beef going back years.

I said this in the first game Barnes played after WBA that Chilwell had a beef against him. I don’t really like Chilwell’s attitude generally towards his teammates to be honest. Unlike Vardy and others who encourage others, Chilwell has always shown a dismissive / blame attitude towards others, especially last season. Hopefully Rogers will put this right.