Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

On 27/02/2019 at 15:52, st albans fox said:

he is lacking a little bit of confidence ….. be a bit braver with conviction. Rodgers will instill this in him …… i don't know if has the intelligence to be coached into being a central striker 

I don't think confidence is an issue.  He has come straight into the team and taken his position by the scruff of the neck.  He takes defenders on, he will have a go at goal, he is full of running and he is the one that will most likely try something audacious.  

His finishing is the one part of his game that hasn't come off....yet.   I'm sure it will and maybe he is still adjusting to having that split second less in the PL.  

He's gonna be a star.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2019 at 12:11, Steve Earle said:

And yet...good though both Barnes and Gray were last night, our front three look a long way off say, Mane, Salah and Firmino.

Just saying. 

Might have something to do with the fact that they are all in their prime and cost Liverpool a combined £120M. Just a guess though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Southgate was there on Tuesday.

Maguire and Chilwell will obviously be in the next squad but I wonder if one of the others will be too.

Hope so! I have tickets for the qualifier against Czech Republic, so would be nice to see a few of the Leicester lads. Realistically though would only be Maguire and Chilwell playing.

Edited by rachhere

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Maguire and Chilwell will obviously be in the next squad but I wonder if one of the others will be too.

yeah was really good that barnes and gray were probs our best two players in front of him. and that glen murray was garbage. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't think confidence is an issue.  He has come straight into the team and taken his position by the scruff of the neck.  He takes defenders on, he will have a go at goal, he is full of running and he is the one that will most likely try something audacious.  

His finishing is the one part of his game that hasn't come off....yet.   I'm sure it will and maybe he is still adjusting to having that split second less in the PL.  

He's gonna be a star.

he finished plenty for WBA

he thinks too much at this level and it is a confidence thing once he gets into good positions - not the confidence to have a go but the belief that he will score - he doesn't go through with the movement convincingly - hence he is snatching at chances or not hitting the ball cleanly ….. i believe that the new manager will deal with this.  we do indeed have quite a player

• Like 2

On 01/03/2019 at 00:44, Stevosevic said:

Incredible that Southgate probably had at least some interest in up to 5 Leicester players, Maguire, Barnes, Gray, Chilwell & Maddison.

• Like 1