Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

15 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

He's been fantastic since he's returned. Just think he needs to have a bit more composure when he get's himself into goal scoring position, seems to be rushing or hesitating a little bit. 

I think it has more to do with him having to create half chances himself and the pressure put on him by fans and Chilwell (they must have bad blood or something) than his lack of composure. He has shown what he can do at Barnsley and WBA when he is given space and clear chances to score. Still a lot more to come from him. I hope Rogers can really get the best out of him.

Again, decent. Getting to the point where I'm annoyed it's not coming off for him though.

Think the 3-5-2-1 works well for him aswell, gives him even more freedom to pop around up front and with Maguire wider it means he doesnt have to drop back as much

Kasper

Evans----- Morgan ----Maguire

Ric------------------- Ndidi ----------------Chilly

Tielemans

Maddison ------------- Barnes

Vardy

Not his best today I thought. Seemed to struggle adjusting to the system, like a few others. Agree that Gray has earnt a staring spot now, but it's a tough call for who he replaces. Maddison slows the game too much for me and so I'd personally go him. 

18 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Think the 3-5-2-1 works well for him aswell, gives him even more freedom to pop around up front and with Maguire wider it means he doesnt have to drop back as much

Think we should do better with 12 men on the pitch, or were you using Schmeichel as a rush goalie?

• Like 3

Pundit View: Dean Ashton says West Brom are really missing Harvey Barnes
by James Beavis 
2 minute read  6/3/2019 | 04:36pm

EFL pundit Dean Ashton believes that West Bromwich Albion are missing former loanee Harvey Barnes, in an exclusive interview with Football League World.

What’s the word, then?
Well, the Leicester City attacker scored nine goals and provided a further seven assists in 26 Championship appearances for the Baggies before being recalled by his parent club during the January transfer window.

His displays and contribution in the final third had helped the west Midlands outfit into automatic promotion contention, but successive defeats against fellow high-flying rivals Sheffield United and Leeds United – the latter a 4-0 thrashing – have left them seven points adrift of the top two.

Ashton believes the departure of the 21-year-old has played a big part, telling Football League World: “I thought at first they weren’t missing Harvey Barnes but the more you look at it the more you realise they are particularly at home when teams are going to sit back and make it difficult.

“He was tending to be the difference with the way he drifted in off the line and picked up positions and Darren Moore hasn’t been able to figure out a solution for that.”

Is he right?
It is probably a simplistic thing to say, but it seems apparent that West Brom don’t look the same without Barnes.

He was obviously a key player when it came to finding the net and creating chances for the likes of Jay Rodriguez and Dwight Gayle, and they haven’t quite been the same threat in the final third since even if they have beaten the likes of Stoke City and Aston Villa.

While the Baggies won’t give up with 11 matches left, it is looking increasingly likely that they will be contesting the play-offs come what May.

https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/west-bromwich-albion/pundit-view-dean-ashton-says-west-brom-are-really-missing-harvey-barnes

On 27/02/2019 at 19:02, Kopfkino said:

His direct running at every opportunity is Lloyd Dyer-esque. And Lloyd Dyer is one of our greatest ever players so that bodes well.

You wouldn't say that if you've ever sat behind the goal.

Actually I take that back - behind the goal was a pretty safe area ;)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

You wouldn't say that if you've ever sat behind the goal.

Actually I take that back - behind the goal was a pretty safe area ;)

Yeah, it was either the corner flag or a throw in. But loved the guy, now he's a legend!! His goal got us to the Prem...his RIGHT foot!! 

Loved it when he ran the whole length of the pitch in one game took the ball round several players got to the goal line and fell over crossing it!

Lloyd Dyer...the man, the legend!! 

On 03/03/2019 at 14:52, Jaspa said:

Again, decent. Getting to the point where I'm annoyed it's not coming off for him though.

Kasper

Evans----- Morgan ----Maguire

Ric------------------- Ndidi ----------------Chilly

Tielemans

Maddison ------------- Barnes

Vardy

With Benkovic coming in, if we can keep that side together coupled with a bench of Albrighton, Morgan, Hamza, Mendy, Gray, Ward et al... we do have a really good side. It’ll need to be coupled with some strong management and a style of play that can be varied for different opposition of course.

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Yeah, it was either the corner flag or a throw in. But loved the guy, now he's a legend!! His goal got us to the Prem...his RIGHT foot!! 

Loved it when he ran the whole length of the pitch in one game took the ball round several players got to the goal line and fell over crossing it!

Lloyd Dyer...the man, the legend!! 

I scrolled too fast and thought you said Lord Dyer for a minute :P :D 

Barnsey is quality. Great pace, intelligent movement, quick feet, an eye for goal and he’s one of our own. Only an excellent save from Sergio Rico stopped him scoring and what a fabulous assist for Vardy’s 100th goal. Big fan of this lad??

Excellent. our motm.

I knew he was a good player but I never believed he'd be able to switch from the championship to the prem and play at a high level so quickly.

I was wrong, he has been our best player overall since he arrived. 

Now he just needs to break his duck in front of goal and I think he'll start an avalanche that makes him nearly everyone's favourite player and one the big clubs try to sign this summer. Barcelona will be calling soon.

For two wildly out of line comparisons:

His explosiveness reminds me of Gareth Bale and the way he receives the ball and is immediately looking for a way to attack the goal reminds me of Messi. 

Certain players just look the mustard from the get-go, he's one of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, knitro said:

For two wildly out of line comparisons:

His explosiveness reminds me of Gareth Bale and the way he receives the ball and is immediately looking for a way to attack the goal reminds me of Messi. 

Certain players just look the mustard from the get-go, he's one of them. 

I'd say he's like a more dynamic Marc Albrighton his work rate and defensive shape almost match his explosive attacking output.

What a player.

Edited by The whole world smiles

When he gets that first goal, he will be a brilliant player. He won't have many easier defences than this to play against, but showed some really good touches and skill, plus his work for Vardy's second was excellent.

Puel may not have been popular, but recalling Barnes was one of his best decisions.

Love the way Barnes is so forward-thinking and offensively approaching games. Always wants to run at defenders and seems to hold his balance well for such a small guy. 

Really hopeful he gets a goal soon. Has deserved one for sure for his last few performances. The shot he had which Rico saved was so close. A brilliant save though.