Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

What odds do you think I'd get now with a speculative punt on Barnes getting a future full England cap?

I reckon it might be worth sticking a silly tenner on that.

You're hardly sticking your neck on the line with that prediction - he's absolutely nailed on to play for England one day. 

I doubt bookies would even double your money with a bet like that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

You're hardly sticking your neck on the line with that prediction - he's absolutely nailed on to play for England one day. 

I doubt bookies would even double your money with a bet like that.

I rarely bet on stuff but would be curious to see what the odds were.

Can anybody with an account somewhere find out?

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What's very pleasing is Rodgers after the game said they have realised very quickly that Barnes is most dangerous out wide and moving inside, rather than starting centrally like he did at Watford last week. I was worried Rodgers might not utilize him properly but that's now unfounded thankfully.

If he can improve his first touch then he will be a phenomenal player, the first goal isnt far away and then there will be no stopping him. 

So proud he's ours.

Some of his best performances at West Brom came from the No. 10 role, though. I wonder if that's because of the difference in quality in the leagues?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Some of his best performances at West Brom came from the No. 10 role, though. I wonder if that's because of the difference in quality in the leagues?

Yes it most definitely is, same with Maddison. He ran the show in the Championship but its taken him a long time to learn how little time you get on the ball in central areas. 

Barnes first touch is probably his weakness at the minute and in the number 10 role in the PL could be too tough right now for him.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jaspa said:

He will be due a new contract though - going from Championship loanee to First XI mid-table Premier League in half a season is quite a leap. I know he signed one before he left for WBA but those definitions are surely outdated

Hope he can still get game time in too when Albrighton returns to fitness, despite Harvey not scoring yet his energy has been a great boost to the attacking exchanges during passages of most games, you feel if he gets more confidence he'll just glide up the gears immidiately

He's got just over three years left on his contract.

On 06/03/2019 at 17:12, fox_favourite said:

Yeah, it was either the corner flag or a throw in. But loved the guy, now he's a legend!! His goal got us to the Prem...his RIGHT foot!! 

Loved it when he ran the whole length of the pitch in one game took the ball round several players got to the goal line and fell over crossing it!

Lloyd Dyer...the man, the legend!! 

his goal won us the league knockearts goal got us to the prem

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

He will be due a new contract though - going from Championship loanee to First XI mid-table Premier League in half a season is quite a leap. I know he signed one before he left for WBA but those definitions are surely outdated

Hope he can still get game time in too when Albrighton returns to fitness, despite Harvey not scoring yet his energy has been a great boost to the attacking exchanges during passages of most games, you feel if he gets more confidence he'll just glide up the gears immediately

Couldn't agree more 

25 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I wonder how much Albrighton we'll see going forward - let's say Barnes starts converting his chances at a 16% clip...which is pretty average for an attacking player...he'd have 4-5 goals already!

As much as I love Marc, I think that Barnes is going to start every game on the left wing unless his performances take a dramatic nose-dive. This doesn't mean that Albrighton isn't useful anymore. His work rate and tenacity are great if we're trying to hold on a score or struggling against a pacey team and he still can play on the right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

As much as I love Marc, I think that Barnes is going to start every game on the left wing unless his performances take a dramatic nose-dive. This doesn't mean that Albrighton isn't useful anymore. His work rate and tenacity are great if we're trying to hold on a score or struggling against a pacey team and he still can play on the right.

Albrighton will challenge Gray and Ghezzal for the right wing spot. Him and Ricardo as a combination was probably the best we've seen this season as a unit compared with any other combo on the right and i'd even argue more effective than Chilwell and Barnes as well.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Feel like him and Chilwell need to go on a vision quest in the mountains or something, to get on the same page. Very frustrating to watch their interchange is/was for the most part poor - when they have connected it looks electric though. 

Edited by knitro
  • Like 1