Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

1 minute ago, knitro said:

For two wildly out of line comparisons:

His explosiveness reminds me of Gareth Bale and the way he receives the ball and is immediately looking for a way to attack the goal reminds me of Messi. 

Certain players just look the mustard from the get-go, he's one of them. 

The 3rd goal when he ran thru the Fulham center-half, Bale definitely. Messi one can always hope. His 1v1 skills are off the charts. I guarantee you Rodgers dreams about him.

Such a bonus to see raw talent in the team. Before Jan we were calling out for someone to make a difference and since coming back he's offered that and more. It's rare to give a player like that the opportunity in the Prem but as we saw from the last goal today, that unpredictability can create chances. Genuinely think that once he gets a goal he's going to be banging them in for fun until the end of the season

13 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

When he gets that first goal, he will be a brilliant player. He won't have many easier defences than this to play against, but showed some really good touches and skill, plus his work for Vardy's second was excellent.

Puel may not have been popular, but recalling Barnes was one of his best decisions.

Some may say that not using him from the start of the season instead of buying Ghezzal is one of his worst decisions...

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Some may say that not using him from the start of the season instead of buying Ghezzal is one of his worst decisions...

I hated Puel with a burning passion, but even I think pinning that on him is too far. Prior to his time at WBA I hadn't seen anything to suggest he could have performed at this level, that loan move was perfect for him and perfect for us. He wouldn't have progressed the same had he stayed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

What odds do you think I'd get now with a speculative punt on Barnes getting a future full England cap?

I reckon it might be worth sticking a silly tenner on that.

Absolutely mate, not even a silly tenner, get it done :-)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

What odds do you think I'd get now with a speculative punt on Barnes getting a future full England cap?

I reckon it might be worth sticking a silly tenner on that.

You surely won’t get decent odds on this, he is looking like a real class act. That assist yesterday showed everything, strength, skill, pace and then composure. He’s got a big future, hopefully with us.

1 hour ago, cal21212121 said:

I hated Puel with a burning passion, but even I think pinning that on him is too far. Prior to his time at WBA I hadn't seen anything to suggest he could have performed at this level, that loan move was perfect for him and perfect for us. He wouldn't have progressed the same had he stayed.

Keeping diabete at the club over him was pretty baffling.