Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

15 hours ago, lcfcell said:

This means we’ll win convincingly and everyone will say “I just can’t beilve Puel is under pressure” 

It’ll likely be awful football for 88 minutes with a last minute winner from Gray.

It will then be all hail the tactical magician and how he brings through the youth!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Based on your call on dropping Mendy for one iffy game I will also be intrigued to see if he drops Kasper too. IMO Kasper was equally as culpable for both goals.

Please highlight where I have said Puel SHOULD drop Mendy. We can all see that him and N'didi are too similar, both offering a good screen in front of the back 4 but slow the ball down too much in possession and stifle the creativity we need in transition.

How on earth was Kasper culpable for giving away the penalty ffs? He got a hand to the penalty but how you can say he was culpable is beyond me.

Get this Dewsbury Hall on the bench. Let's reward him for some decent performances. Drop Mendy out of the side.

Give Pereira the license to just get on with it and take a few risks. Such a dangerous player when he doesn't have that voice in his head making him play the very simple sideways pass.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Please highlight where I have said Puel SHOULD drop Mendy. We can all see that him and N'didi are too similar, both offering a good screen in front of the back 4 but slow the ball down too much in possession and stifle the creativity we need in transition.

How on earth was Kasper culpable for giving away the penalty ffs? He got a hand to the penalty but how you can say he was culpable is beyond me.

It was his awful distribution which lost us possession, leading to the penalty. His distribution has been shocking for a long while, and if its starting to put us in dangerous positions like it did against Southampton then it needs addressing.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

You said you would be intrigued if CP dropped him and then concluded with you would like to see a midfield of Hamza, Wilf and Silva who's hardly kicked a ball. Is that not saying you want him dropped?  As for the Kasper and the ffs comment, Kaspers horrendous ball lead to us being ridiculously exposed and the mistake by Mendy was due to Kaspers howler, were you there?

I actally suggest you revisit your own post and maybe watch the highlights of the goals then you may realise your reply has actually made you look a bit of a pr*ck.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

It was his awful distribution which lost us possession, leading to the penalty. His distribution has been shocking for a long while, and if its starting to put us in dangerous positions like it did against Southampton then it needs addressing.

Granted, his distribution has been poor but how many times has given us an advantage by playing the ball out wide quickly. If he were to get dropped for Ward, from what I've seen in his cup appearances, he slows play down giving the other team more time to get organised.

We all know Kasper is one of those keepers where you take the good with the bad; his great shot-stopping as opposed to the odd occasion where his distribution is poor.

12 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

You said you would be intrigued if CP dropped him and then concluded with you would like to see a midfield of Hamza, Wilf and Silva who's hardly kicked a ball. Is that not saying you want him dropped?  As for the Kasper and the ffs comment, Kaspers horrendous ball lead to us being ridiculously exposed and the mistake by Mendy was due to Kaspers howler, were you there?

I actally suggest you revisit your own post and maybe watch the highlights of the goals then you may realise your reply has actually made you look a bit of a pr*ck.

No, it's not the same. Wondering whether or not a midfield 3 that doesn't include Mendy would be more effective creatively as one with Mendy in it is not the same as wanting him dropped after one poor performance. I still maintain that, with Silva, there is a very good footballer in there who could give the team what they've crying out for; creativity, energy and calmness on the ball.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on here that wants to see how we perform without Mendy in the team and with someone who is more inclined to play the ball forward.

Edited by duk3nuk3m

4 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Granted, his distribution has been poor but how many times has given us an advantage by playing the ball out wide quickly. If he were to get dropped for Ward, from what I've seen in his cup appearances, he slows play down giving the other team more time to get organised.

We all know Kasper is one of those keepers where you take the good with the bad; his great shot-stopping as opposed to the odd occasion where his distribution is poor.

I can't remember many instances at all from the last two seasons or so where Kasper has started an attack - like he did in the title year - by playing it out quick. What I do recall is the countless times the ball has sailed clear over Chilwell's head and out of play, or led directly to a turnover of possession for them to attack us again.

I love Kasper, usually, but his distribution is something which leaves a lot to be desired and dropping him for one game in favour of a capable deputy needs to happen to give him a wake up call, as he's been unchallenged for a long while. It's not like we're still in the days of Hamer as backup, who clearly wasn't good enough. Ward is a very capable keeper at this level and his cup performances would have earned him a start by now had he been an outfield player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duk3nuk3m said:

No, it's not the same. Wondering whether or not a midfield 3 that doesn't include Mendy would be as effective creatively as one with Mendy in it is not the same as wanting him dropped after one poor performance. I still maintain that, with Silva, there is a very good footballer in there who could give the team what they've crying out for; creativity, energy and calmness on the ball.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on here that wants to see how we perform without Mendy in the team and with someone who is more inclined to play the ball forward.

I think the cm we need is in the u23s Dewsbury hall. But he still needs time in the u23s to develop and be brought into the team in pre season

46 minutes ago, Xen said:

I can't remember many instances at all from the last two seasons or so where Kasper has started an attack - like he did in the title year - by playing it out quick. What I do recall is the countless times the ball has sailed clear over Chilwell's head and out of play, or led directly to a turnover of possession for them to attack us again.

I love Kasper, usually, but his distribution is something which leaves a lot to be desired and dropping him for one game in favour of a capable deputy needs to happen to give him a wake up call, as he's been unchallenged for a long while. It's not like we're still in the days of Hamer as backup, who clearly wasn't good enough. Ward is a very capable keeper at this level and his cup performances would have earned him a start by now had he been an outfield player.

He doesn't even need to necessarily be starting an attack to gain us an advantage by playing it wide. We're struggling to win the 2nd ball, so playing it long himself or passing it out to Morgan or Maguire to lump it upfield would probably mean losing possession anyway.

When it comes to the supposed countless times he's played it over Chilwell's head, I'd be inclined to say that is negativity bias. We forget the times where Kasper's distribution is good whereas when it is poor, it is much more memorable. It would be interesting if we could see any stats on this.

Edit: Take a look at these stats from Squawka. Kasper's distribution accuracy and throw-out success is better than De Gea's and his distribution from hands and goal kick success is better than De Gea's, Pickford's and Ederson's. Definitely not as bad as some people make out.

Edited by duk3nuk3m
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

No, it's not the same. Wondering whether or not a midfield 3 that doesn't include Mendy would be more effective creatively as one with Mendy in it is not the same as wanting him dropped after one poor performance. I still maintain that, with Silva, there is a very good footballer in there who could give the team what they've crying out for; creativity, energy and calmness on the ball.

The context of your above post is entirely different to your original reply where you completely blamed Mendy and totally absolved Kasper! Regarding the midfield 3 there are obvious problems with lack of creativity, Wilf at times can't pass wind let alone the ball and Kasper has put them under pressure with some of his horrendous distribution which appears to be getting progressively worse. I would love there to be the player in Silva that we thought we were getting, unfortunately  for whatever reason it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

To be crystal clear I am not anti Kasper, he has always been an excellent shot stopper and 100% committed, saving us on numerous occasions yet he should not be exempt from critique when he's made mistakes. He used to terrify me when balls were crossed in and I'm pleased to say I think he's improved in commanding his area.

Footballers make mistakes it's when they keep making them over and over that the drop them scenario comes into play IMO.

• Like 2

Anyone seen this? lol

Some of you genii quoted in here

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-leicester-city-fans-predictions-15696611

Love that Wolvesalona has made it to the press lol

@Siraaj_lcfc - Drop Mendy otherwise Wolvesalona will tear us a new one.

@Weller54- How will we fare against one of the greatest teams ever to grace the PL?

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’ll likely be awful football for 88 minutes with a last minute winner from Gray.

It will then be all hail the tactical magician and how he brings through the youth!

Works for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Anyone seen this? lol

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-leicester-city-fans-predictions-15696611

@Weller54- How will we fare against one of the greatest teams ever to grace the PL?

Famous at last!!! 

Anyone want a signed photo? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Anyone seen this? lol

Wow !! ...   a brummie newspaper quoting FT !!!   

Here’s one for them then ...

“Fook off you black cvntry cvnts !! ...    we’re going to tear your sh1t team to fookin shreds !!!” 

Hopefully read that in tomorrow’s edition ...    :)

• Haha 1