Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stanislav Lobotka

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'd been training for one day, get real.

This ultra negative taking a pop at the manger over everything is just ridiculous.

Barnes is 21, hardly that easily worn out (compared to older players).

He had his last game with West Bromwich on the 1st of January, so a recovery period of ten, eleven days in total.

I don't see why you assume everything I post is a dig at the manager. He certainly has his flaws. I've also criticized the players, the club management (and the media department) in recent days and weeks.

Ultimately, Puel is responsible for the way he sets up the team and the instructions and tactics during matches. It's only natural that he gets most of the flak, as with every manager before him. And yes, Cardiff, Newport and Southampton weren't something to cheer about, I suppose even you can see that.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He had his last game with West Bromwich on the 1st of January, so a recovery period of ten, eleven days in total.

I don't see why you assume everything I post is a dig at the manager. He certainly has his flaws. I've also criticized the players, the club management (and the media department) in recent days and weeks.

Ultimately, Puel is responsible for the way he sets up the team and the instructions and tactics during matches. It's only natural that he gets most of the flak, as with every manager before him. And yes, Cardiff, Newport and Southampton weren't something to cheer about, I suppose even you can see that.

Lets be fair MC, it is lol 

Even your post denying that to be the case goes on to slate him for things not related to the conversation

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

1st part - By your own admission he played for WBA on 1st January, been a long time since he trained let alone played with LCFC, so clearly will require some time to reaclimatise with the team/tactics.

Bench was the most anyone should have hoped for, and thats what we got.

2nd part - it usually is though! :)

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Who said anything about him being worn out? We'd have been working on formation and tactics most of the week, which he would have missed. He's not trained with us since the summer and probably not even some of our signings. Expecting him to walk into the team is just not realistic, so using that to slam the manager is totally unfair.

It's a dig at the manager and overly negative because if you weren't so against the bloke, you'd see what you're accusing him off just isn't fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Lets be fair MC, it is lol 

Even your post denying that to be the case goes on to slate him for things not related to the conversation

Let's be fair, it isn't.

If the buck stops with the manager, then he's the one getting most of the criticism. It's football, after all.

And like I've said, players and club management have raised plenty of eyebrows recently, as well.

Just to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who said anything about him being worn out? We'd have been working on formation and tactics most of the week, which he would have missed. He's not trained with us since the summer and probably not even some of our signings. Expecting him to walk into the team is just not realistic, so using that to slam the manager is totally unfair.

It's a dig at the manager and overly negative because if you weren't so against the bloke, you'd see what you're accusing him off just isn't fair.

Look, if Barnes is good enough for 45 minutes upon his return from West Brom, then surely he could've played from the start also. That's what I mean.

Him walking straight into the team may not be realistic, but it certainly isn't unrealistic altogether.

The whole talk surrounding the manager is probably better off in another thread.

And we're all digressing from the main topic here, anyway.

Edited by MC Prussian

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Look, if Barnes is good enough for 45 minutes upon his return from West Brom, then surely he could've played from the start also. That's what I mean.

Him walking straight into the team may not be realistic, but it certainly isn't unrealistic altogether.

The whole talk surrounding the manager is probably better off in another thread.

And we're all digressing from the main topic here, anyway.

Chances are we weren't planning on playing Barnes so early, and we're going to give him a 20 minute run-out at the end.

Fact is though that the game didn't go to anyones expectations and we found ourselves chasing a 2-goal deficit at home with an extra man against a side that was shutting up shop, so our tactical plan was already mostly irrelevant. We needed attackers on the pitch and he was available, simple as that.

19 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

When you come into the Lobokta thread and everyone's going on about Barnes :blink:

Except MC, whose talking about Puel.

We need to do our due dilligance before signing a midfielder and make sure he can fit into our team and adapt to the way we play, especially after Silva and Iborra. we need a player with creativity that can hit the ground running and adapt very quickly.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

But even talking about Barnes is really about Puel.

Lobokta? Yeah, get him in.

I'd rather wait until the summer and get someone like Aaron Moy. He's proven at this level and has all the qualities we need, he won't cost much when Huddersfield inevitably go down.

10 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

We need to do our due dilligance before signing a midfielder and make sure he can fit into our team and adapt to the way we play, especially after Silva and Iborra. we need a player with creativity that can hit the ground running and adapt very quickly.

The last thing we need is someone adapting to the way we play. We need a midfielder that will offer something different.

Edited by Big Dave

3 pages in and no YouTube video!!!?!? Come on FoxesTalk, I know you are better than that!

He's very good actually, and I'd expect him to play for a Roma / Sevilla type of team rather than come to the Premier League. Ideal player for our double pivot IMO though!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

On 18/01/2019 at 17:06, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would be more than happy if we did a double deal with Celta Vigo say £50m for Lobotka & Brais Mendez. :fc:

maybe add another £10mil and i think that could work but id be surprised if they sold them both to us

would love to have both them here but wuld be highly surprised if we got even one sadly

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell 

Choudhury

Maddison    Lobotka

Gray                                   Barnes

Vardy

• Like 2

On 18/01/2019 at 21:59, StriderHiryu said:

3 pages in and no YouTube video!!!?!? Come on FoxesTalk, I know you are better than that!

He's very good actually, and I'd expect him to play for a Roma / Sevilla type of team rather than come to the Premier League. Ideal player for our double pivot IMO though!

Head and shoulders above what we have in CM and would work well in a 3 too allowing us to break nicely.