Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

One thing I am not sure has been said here. Monaco sees something more in Silva than Tielemans. This perhaps speaks volume. How we may have missed a lot of the talent Silva has to offer and that many of you and Puel have written him off without giving him a chance! I wish Silva all the best and is able to show us what we have been missing.

Monaco are in a relegation battle and Jardim has done what any of premiership merry go round managers aka Big Sam would do, he has dropped the youth in favour of experienced mature heads to get him out of a pickle that's all.

Tom, I wanted Silva to work as much as the next man but it didn't / hasn't for what ever reason, we have however ended up with a real potential bright star who at 21 has all the same attributes Silva had shown in Portugal + some, namely he can tackle, more mobile, shows aggression, can work in a 2man MF, better varied passing range, 2 footed and 1 hell of a shot on him, what's not to like.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I had hoped that he had been brought in to play in the two of the (all too defensive) 4231 but I’m terrified that Puel will sack off one of the front four to accommodate him and play other players like Maddison out of position and he’ll continue to relentlessly play Mendy and Ndidi as well. If he does this it will mean that he can get four defensive midfielders on the pitch at some point which is exciting.

Don't, just don't, if Puel sees this he'll think you are a genius....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Yes.

Get into the Champions League or he moves to a team in the Champions League.

Its clear to me there is no option to buy due to us not matching the players ambition. He has played European Football all his career. Monaco won't have that next season and it will be a hard sell for us to bring him in permanently without it.

He was part of a deal to take Silva to Monaco, somebody Jardim wanted. He was a makeweight financially for them.

Champions Lge - We are going to struggle to get into the Europa let alone CL and I don't mean that in a struggle to get 7th position I mean, do people realise that for all the teams still in the FA cup there are only 3 teams left that can make 7th a Europa slot and 2 of those play each other in the next round, please don't pin all your dreams on qualifying through league position.

Matching player ambition - option to buy nothing to do with player it's down to Monaco if they put that clause in, they haven't as they hope he will shine and they end up with a bidding war from prem clubs. All the more important if they get relegated he is probably their biggest remaining money making asset and by pushing a bidding war they can squeeze every last drop of money out of him.

Financial Makeweight - already posted I see this as Monaco in relegation battle Jardim wants mature heads to guide the team out, steady eddies not mavericks, where as we could do with a maverick, someone who will try an ambitious pass or just shoot from outside the 6yd box.

He's young, He's never played in the Premier League before, he's coming to us from a side struggling and he's not. apparently, been in the best form, I just hope we give him a chance and don't have the collective groan when he misplaces his first pass.

Probably asking too much?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I had hoped that he had been brought in to play in the two of the (all too defensive) 4231 but I’m terrified that Puel will sack off one of the front four to accommodate him and play other players like Maddison out of position and he’ll continue to relentlessly play Mendy and Ndidi as well. If he does this it will mean that he can get four defensive midfielders on the pitch at some point which is exciting.

To be fair 4-3-3 has been our most exciting formation if either deployed against the top sides or if the clientele doesnt contain such limited players.

The usual 5 and then Ndidi, Choudhury or Mendy with Tielemans and then Barnes, Vardy and Gray would be very dangerous. Maddison will have to compete with the rest, we could always go 4-3-2-1 and both he and Barnes behind Vardy and the width comes from Chilwell and Ricardo. It's essentially a fluid formation anyway. The key is Tielemans can play nearly every central midfield style.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nah. In his pre-match interview Puel said more than once he hoped this gives us more options in a midfield of 2/3. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/claude-puel-reveals-what-sees-2497730 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If he can’t remember to pull his shorts down when he’s going for a poo I’m not convinced he’ll have the brains to unlock a well drilled defence. 

GIve him time to adapt to new League, we're in transition.

Edited by That_Dude

2 hours ago, reynard said:

He's young, He's never played in the Premier League before, he's coming to us from a side struggling and he's not. apparently, been in the best form, I just hope we give him a chance and don't have the collective groan when he misplaces his first pass.

Since when have we ever given anybody a fair crack of the whip??

I’ve been practicing my groans all week. 

• Like 1

I had very high hopes for Silva after seeing his performance v Real Madrid for SCP, but unfortunately, by his own admission in articles back in Portugal, the Premier League is played at a pace he struggles with. It happens to even top players sometimes. Just one of those things. Really hope it goes well for him at Monaco. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Could be for Rudkin but I doubt Puel cares at all. Silva has not played at all under Puel and doubt he would give him any after he comes back even if he does brilliantly at Monaco.

Well which manager picked him for the 19 games he's played for Leicester if it wasn't Puel?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reynard said:

His first pass has to be a forward one or he can f**k right off! 

14 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

No, he's not bad, he was just a bad fit. He lacks athleticism, similar to Iborra, and to a certain extend, King. 

Seems to me like Puel likes his midfielders to be quick along the ground. 

Yeah, certainly he does not fit what Puel wants. Although to be a cynic, I think Puel does not like players who are intelligent and are game readers, like Iborra and Silva. He prefers Gray for example who is really bad in this category. Both Iborra and Silva are excellent game readers who can position themselves in places very intuitively knowing what his teammates are going to do and do a lot of the invisible things that help their teammates.

• Sad 1

On 01/02/2019 at 07:00, urban.spaceman said:

@SheppyFox you may relax now. And we can all get on with our lives. 

Youri welcome. 

Youri Tielemans Joins On Loan As Adrien Silva Heads To Monaco

Leicester City Football Club have agreed terms with AS Monaco for the loan of midfielder Youri Tielemans until the end of the 2018/19 season, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

Published 5 mins ago
Youri Tielemans

- AS Monaco midfielder Youri Tielemans joins Leicester City on loan
- The 21-year-old midfielder represented Belgium at the summer’s World Cup
- Tielemans has scored five times in 20 Ligue 1 appearances this season
- City midfielder Adrien Silva will also join AS Monaco on loan until the end of the season

The deal will also see Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva join the Ligue 1 side on loan until the end of the current campaign.

Tielemans arrives at Leicester City after an impressive 18 months with AS Monaco, where he featured 65 times in all competitions, scoring six goals – five of those coming this term.

The talented Belgium international, who represented his country at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, is a product of Anderlecht’s Youth Academy and is considered one of the most exciting prospects in European football.

Youri Tielemans

Thumbs up from the exciting young attacker as he poses for a signing photo in the home dugout at King Power Stadium. 

Speaking to LCFC TV, Tielemans said:"I’m really excited to get going. The Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and when I was young, I always watched Premier League games. I’m really happy to be here and I’m excited to get started.

“It’s a big family. Everybody is really kind and really good with me. I think it will be really good here.”

Born in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw in Belgium, Tielemans started his career with Anderlecht, signing his first professional contract in July 2013, aged just 16. He went on to make his Champions League debut three months later, becoming the youngest Belgian player to ever feature in the competition.  

Tielemans made 185 appearances for Anderlecht in all competitions over four seasons, scoring 35 goals, and helped the side to two Belgian Pro League titles. In his first two seasons, he was voted Belgian Young Professional Footballer of the Year and in 2016/17, Belgian Professional Footballer of the Year.

Youri Tielemans

Tielemans arrives on loan at King Power Stadium until the end of the 2018/19 Premier League season. 

After moving to AS Monaco in the summer of 2017, he made his debut for the club against Paris Saint-Germain and went on to appear 35 times for the side in his first season.

His performances in the French top tier have continued to catch the eye this term, having found the net five times in just 20 Ligue 1 appearances from midfield.

At international level, the exciting youngster made his debut for the Belgium national team in November 2016 and has gone on to feature for them 19 times. He was also part of the Belgium squad that placed third at the 2018 FIFA World Cup – starting in both victories against England in Russia.

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1010959/tielemans-my-experiences-will-help-me-with-this-new-challenge

Unless he signs a permanent contract for Leicester what do we really gain. We all want better quality technical attack minded players which Puel's midfield is sadly missing. Let's hope who ever is pulling the strings down at the club get this one right.