Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

That vid against Marseille was interesting... first half he looked to receive ball deeper (where I think we need him) but in second half he played much higher.

ive said before I think Mendy has been better than Ndidi this season but we need ndidi to win those headers and tackles... hopefully with Tielemans in Ndidi will feel less pressure to make a difficult pass and keep it simple, that would improve his game no end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Maddison another example- chose us over Southampton, and they were the ones with the highest reputation for player development a year or two ago.

These are the kind of reasons why i think Puel is perfect for LCFC right now. He fits the bill on youth development.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Excited to see Youri play but I do feel a bit sorry for Hamza if its going to mean less first team action for him.

I really hope Hamza will increasingly feature in the 1st team. Moments like that tackle against Liverpool are precious. I'm sure Puel sees what he brings. The future looks quite bright.

• Like 1

There's every chance he comes here and struggles a bit with the PL to start with but shows enough bits of quality here and there and impresses in training.

Jardim wants rid of him in the summer but he hasn't done quite enough to receive a bid from a top club and we end up buying him and he becomes a star next season. 

Hopefully silva is brilliant in Monaco and we do a swap + cash deal. 

Edited by Gerard

28 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Excited to see Youri play but I do feel a bit sorry for Hamza if its going to mean less first team action for him.

I don’t see Youri coming in for either Mendy or Ndidi I personally think the player who will miss out the most is Albrighton 

Can see us going Maddison on the left Gray on the right with Youri in the middle behind Vardy 

43 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

That vid against Marseille was interesting... first half he looked to receive ball deeper (where I think we need him) but in second half he played much higher.

ive said before I think Mendy has been better than Ndidi this season but we need ndidi to win those headers and tackles... hopefully with Tielemans in Ndidi will feel less pressure to make a difficult pass and keep it simple, that would improve his game no end.

I've been thinking this.  I think that Ndidi's form has suffered by being partnered with Mendy who is tidy but his passing range is very unambitious.  The onus has fallen on Wilf to try to get us up the pitch.  If he has Youri alongside him, he can stick to what he is good at, recovering the ball.

• Like 1

The more I think of the lack of an agreed permanent deal, the more I think it's to avoid FFP sanctions. 

The loan would have to end June 30th - therefore if made permanent it would fit against the FFP for Season 18/19. We sign him after June 30th - it accounts for FFP Season 19/20. There's likely to be a gentlemen's agreement in place but obvs you need two players to be a success for that. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I don’t see Youri coming in for either Mendy or Ndidi I personally think the player who will miss out the most is Albrighton 

Can see us going Maddison on the left Gray on the right with Youri in the middle behind Vardy 

Disagree.  The whole reason Tielmans is being brought in is because we lack an engine to start the attack from deep in midfield (or to pick the long ball to Vardy, bypassing it).  If you just swap him for Maddison you lessen the impact he can make exponentially.

I certainly think the big 6 lineup is liable to see Maddison left out, with Tielmans playing higher than he would against defensive sides.  But he's a #8, not a #10, and that's why we wanted him.

Edited by Deeg67

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The more I think of the lack of an agreed permanent deal, the more I think it's to avoid FFP sanctions. 

The loan would have to end June 30th - therefore if made permanent it would fit against the FFP for Season 18/19. We sign him after June 30th - it accounts for FFP Season 19/20. There's likely to be a gentlemen's agreement in place but obvs you need two players to be a success for that. 

Could be right. Or given the tragic change of circumstances we haven’t got the readies to splash out just yet.

Totally understandable

Its good for both the clubs and the players I would suggest. Both of the players have stalled in terms of their form and, for various reasons, do not have a way forwards at their own clubs. 

Complete change of club, environment, league etc is an ideal opportunity for both of them to hit reset and give it everything for a mini-season. Everyone wins here, players can kick-start their career, clubs have a asset with enhanced value. If they fail then nothing is lost really.

Best of luck to both of the lads I say.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Disagree.  The whole reason Tielmans is being brought in is because we lack an engine to start the attack from deep in midfield (or to pick the long ball to Vardy, bypassing it).  If you just swap him for Maddison you lessen the impact he can make exponentially.

I certainly think the big 6 lineup is liable to see Maddison left out, with Tielmans playing higher than he would against defensive sides.  But he's a #8, not a #10, and that's why we wanted him.

What does a No.8 even mean?  Jimmy Greaves?

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

A box-to-box player, the guy who starts the offense from the back to the front.  Think Vidal, Schweinsteiger, Toure, even Modric.

Thanks, I was hoping for more of a No.6 - the shirt that Johan Neeskens wore at Barcelona.

Now that would push us towards top 6 (fair chance that FA cup winner won't finish top 6)

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

I hope this isn't the case because Maddison really isn't a left winger.

29 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Very Classy from Adrien, I feel sorry for him it didn't work out. 

Classy indeed. I think the slower pace of French football will really suit Adrien and once he gets his fitness back, he'll do really well there. Infact in a midfield 3, i think he can do a good job for us. Anyway i hope his career gets back on track, either with us or at another club.