Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If he can’t remember to pull his shorts down when he’s going for a poo I’m not convinced he’ll have the brains to unlock a well drilled defence. 

The lids not up so I’d be more disturbed if his shorts were down tbh.

10 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Do we have an option? 

Yes.

Get into the Champions League or he moves to a team in the Champions League.

Its clear to me there is no option to buy due to us not matching the players ambition. He has played European Football all his career. Monaco won't have that next season and it will be a hard sell for us to bring him in permanently without it.

He was part of a deal to take Silva to Monaco, somebody Jardim wanted. He was a makeweight financially for them.

• Like 1

One thing I am not sure has been said here. Monaco sees something more in Silva than Tielemans. This perhaps speaks volume. How we may have missed a lot of the talent Silva has to offer and that many of you and Puel have written him off without giving him a chance! I wish Silva all the best and is able to show us what we have been missing.

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

One thing I am not has been said here. Monaco sees something more in Silva than Tielemans. This perhaps speaks volume. How we may have missed a lot of the talent Silva has to offer and that many of you and Puel have written him off without giving him a chance! I wish Silva all the best and is able to show us what we have been missing.

If so, brilliant move by Rudkin, swop 'em back at end of loan. Could be all a cunning Puel plan just to give Silva game time.

41 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Yes.

Its clear to me there is no option to buy due to us not matching the players ambition. He has played European Football all his career. Monaco won't have that next season and it will be a hard sell for us to bring him in permanently without it.

He was part of a deal to take Silva to Monaco, somebody Jardim wanted. He was a makeweight financially for them.

So by this logic, which I agree, Silva must be not bad! 

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

If so, brilliant move by Rudkin, swop 'em back at end of loan. Could be all a cunning Puel plan just to give Silva game time.

Could be for Rudkin but I doubt Puel cares at all. Silva has not played at all under Puel and doubt he would give him any after he comes back even if he does brilliantly at Monaco.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

So by this logic, which I agree, Silva must be not bad! 

No, he's not bad, he was just a bad fit. He lacks athleticism, similar to Iborra, and to a certain extend, King. 

Seems to me like Puel likes his midfielders to be quick along the ground. 

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

No, he's not bad, he was just a bad fit. He lacks athleticism, similar to Iborra, and to a certain extend, King. 

Seems to me like Puel likes his midfielders to be quick along the ground. 

pretty well sums it up .....when I came across him at the ground, I always thought how slight he looked ........something clearly going on behind the scenes that we weren’t party to aswell ....... rumoured to be contractual and if doing what we have done has screwed the  SCP president out of a few quid then that’s fine by me ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

So what does this mean for Barnes?

Gets recalled after doing so well at WBA only to warm the bench again? I can see Puel doing that.

Doesn't play the same postion. Barnes is an AML/AMC. Tielemans is an established 6 or 8 and hasn't been brought in to compete with Maddison, Gray and Barnes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Yes.

We’d better get Europa then ? if he wants it he’ll earn it with us too ?

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

One thing I am not sure has been said here. Monaco sees something more in Silva than Tielemans. This perhaps speaks volume. How we may have missed a lot of the talent Silva has to offer and that many of you and Puel have written him off without giving him a chance! I wish Silva all the best and is able to show us what we have been missing.

One thing that struck me - when youre in a relegation scrap it's useful to have a bit of experience in the team rather than too many youngsters, and especially a few wise heads who can direct the team on the pitch. Silva has this over Tielemans, especially with him having been team captain in the past.

So for Monaco, in their current situation, swapping out a youngster for a wise head for the remainder of the season makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

He talks as though he's been promised a start on Sunday, but an ITK told me he's only here to improve Puel's English...

I had hoped that he had been brought in to play in the two of the (all too defensive) 4231 but I’m terrified that Puel will sack off one of the front four to accommodate him and play other players like Maddison out of position and he’ll continue to relentlessly play Mendy and Ndidi as well. If he does this it will mean that he can get four defensive midfielders on the pitch at some point which is exciting.