Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

48 minutes ago, Gambodownunder said:

Unless he signs a permanent contract for Leicester what do we really gain. We all want better quality technical attack minded players which Puel's midfield is sadly missing. Let's hope who ever is pulling the strings down at the club get this one right. 

Excitement , interesting football everything peope have been moaning about 

• Like 3

On 02/02/2019 at 08:20, Tom12345 said:

One thing I am not sure has been said here. Monaco sees something more in Silva than Tielemans. This perhaps speaks volume. 

No it doesn't. Silva didn't suit here, maybe Tielemans didn't suit there. Doesn't mean either of them aren't good players. Shevchenko and Forlan were both pretty poor here (in the UK), but were fantastic players during their careers.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, certainly he does not fit what Puel wants. Although to be a cynic, I think Puel does not like players who are intelligent and are game readers, like Iborra and Silva. He prefers Gray for example who is really bad in this category. Both Iborra and Silva are excellent game readers who can position themselves in places very intuitively knowing what his teammates are going to do and do a lot of the invisible things that help their teammates.

An almost telepathic understanding of their relative positions on the bench? ? 

On 02/02/2019 at 08:20, Tom12345 said:

One thing I am not sure has been said here. Monaco sees something more in Silva than Tielemans. This perhaps speaks volume. How we may have missed a lot of the talent Silva has to offer and that many of you and Puel have written him off without giving him a chance! I wish Silva all the best and is able to show us what we have been missing.

Couldn't Monaco fans say exactly the opposite? 

12 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, certainly he does not fit what Puel wants. Although to be a cynic, I think Puel does not like players who are intelligent and are game readers, like Iborra and Silva. He prefers Gray for example who is really bad in this category. Both Iborra and Silva are excellent game readers who can position themselves in places very intuitively knowing what his teammates are going to do and do a lot of the invisible things that help their teammates.

The problem was they were too slow to come up with that 'intelligent' pass, often robbed of the ball whilst thinking about what to do and for Iborra his passing wasn't all that great in terms of accuracy..

I liked them both and I'm sure they were and will be in slower moving game.

Plenty of fans complain that we're to slow going forwards and they were part of that problem. Hopefully Youri will be as innovative but somewhat quicker with his decision making.

12 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

What a little ray of sunshine you are.

On 02/02/2019 at 23:29, Tom12345 said:

They could read a game as good as you want but they couldn't keep up with the pace of play or make any discernable difference to a game of football in the Premiership. That's the point and that's why they've gone. They were so intuitive and invisible that no one knew they were there  ??? I'm just glad we left those two decisions to the club.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

It just stinks of a bunch of needy, self obsessed oiks who think they know better who can cannot get their own way. It really stinks and helps no-one but themselves (if anyone)

So disappointing.

Tielemans was never going to be selected after just arriving. If you cannot bring yourself to back the manager, then at least back the team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It just stinks of a bunch of needy, self obsessed oiks who think they know better who can cannot get their own way. It really stinks and helps no-one but themselves (if anyone)

So disappointing.

Tielemans was never going to be selected after just arriving. If you cannot bring yourself to back the manager, then at least back the team.

Barnes was involved after a day of training from his recall, so why was Tielemans not going to be included?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes was involved after a day of training from his recall, so why was Tielemans not going to be included?

Because Barnes still lives down the road, knew the club, knew the players. This fella has probably rocked up with a backpack of a few bits, can we not give the lad a few days to settle in and perhaps bring some of his clobber over.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because Barnes still lives down the road, knew the club, knew the players. This fella has probably rocked up with a backpack of a few bits, can we not give the lad a few days to settle in and perhaps bring some of his clobber over.

Not when the alternative is the gruesome twosome, no mate. This isn't SAS Who Dares Wins, it's 90 mins of football for a very talented player. He could have played via skype back in Monaco and been more effective than Mendy. It was one of the worst performances and lack of discipline I've seen from a player of ours for quite some time. I don't think enough has been said about his petulance.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Not when the alternative is the gruesome twosome, no mate. This isn't SAS Who Dares Wins, it's 90 mins of football for a very talented player. He could have played via skype back in Monaco and been more effective than Mendy. It was one of the worst performances and lack of discipline I've seen from a player of ours for quite some time. I don't think enough has been said about his petulance.

What have I missed?

It would have been a pretty big ask to throw him straight in against one of the division's form teams, in a midfield against a world cup winner and two horrible shithouse thugs, with only a couple of days' training and no prior experience of football in this country. It was a tiny bit disappointing not to have him on the bench but I really don't get why you'd expect him to have started that game. He's got plenty of time to make an impact and I'm sure he will.

On 02/02/2019 at 23:29, Tom12345 said:

laughing-old-man-using-laptop-computer-h

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

What have I missed?

Deliberate pulling back Utd players twice after already being on a booking is not acceptable. Quite needless on one of them as well, he should have walked and if he had then there were no excuses for him. Amazed it took Puel so long to drag him. 4 yellow card offences yesterday from him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Because as you are well aware, Barnes has been around the squad plenty of times before and has a fairly good grasp on how we play (and he is a natural english speaker)

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because as you are well aware, Barnes has been around the squad plenty of times before and has a fairly good grasp on how we play (and he is a natural english speaker)

Tielemans trained 3 times before the game, he's head and shoulders above anything we've got in midfield. If we were going to see a repeat of the problems we've seen for most of the season from Ndidi and Mendy then what was plan b going to be? There was no viable plan b and both of them carried on whiffing the place up with Mendy very very lucky not to walk. He eventually did get dragged but in terms of team shape we were throwing the kitchen sink at it. Maybe Tielemans, who is renown for his ability on the ball could have offered up something, he's certainly given Utd problems in the past for Anderlecht. I seem to recall Cambiasso after only just joining us was called in to action after a pitiful 1st half vs Stoke when we were somehow still 0-0 and he came on and gave us the leadership and we got the win. Tielemans was needed for an instant impact as we are horrible in midfield right now, but we decided to carry on as normal.