Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Half of England is owned by less than 1% of the population

Research by author reveals corporations and aristocrats are the biggest landowners

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/apr/17/who-owns-england-thousand-secret-landowners-author

18% could be up for grabs, when all those corporations pack up and leave post brexit. Every cloud.......

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

18% could be up for grabs, when all those corporations pack up and leave post brexit. Every cloud.......

I know you're trolling but it doesn't work like that, as demonstrated by James Dyson still being a major landowner.

And as for the aristocracy, the sooner their lands are returned to public ownership, the better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I know you're trolling but it doesn't work like that, as demonstrated by James Dyson still being a major landowner.

And as for the aristocracy, the sooner their lands are returned to public ownership, the better.

True, It will probably be the rich that hoover up all that spare land........ lol

• Haha 1

One vote Nigel Farage can count in next month's EU election is that of George Galloway.

The former Respect Party leader and Bradford West MP tweeted that he would support the Brexit Party "for one-time only" as he wants to secure the UK's departure from the EU.

"Given the nature of Labour’s Euro-fanatic candidates list and the crucial juncture we have reached in the fight for the full implementation of the #Brexit referendum result and for one-time only I will be supporting @Nigel_Farage in next months elections. @TheBrexitPartly

Galloway and Farage have teamed before up to campaign for Brexit ahead of the 2016 referendum.

At the time, Galloway insisted they were "not pals" but "allies in one cause. Like Churchill and Stalin".

"Churchill and Stalin?!?" lol

A Man Who Boozes
An Irish Poem of Unknown Origin

It was a year ago, September
a day I well remember
I was walking up and down
in drunken pride
when my knees began to flutter
and I fell down in the gutter
and a pig came by and lay down by my side

As I lay there in the gutter
thinking thoughts I could not utter
I thought I heard a passing lady say,
"You can tell a man who boozes
by the company he chooses..."
And with that, the pig got up and walked away

• Haha 4

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, Lionator said:

14% would vote for a party which don't have a single policy aside from Brexit. 

The same people who'll be complaining about immigration, violence in London and the NHS.

Nothing wrong with that if they feel strongly about it.

I wouldn't vote for them at the minute but if Brexit was reversed I almost certainly would - the NHS, police, immigration etc are important but upholding the implementation of democratic decisions is far more important to myself. 

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Wow. Individuals I understand but pretty incredible to shut down the pages of registered political parties.

Very slippery slope, tread with caution.

Talking about militant Christians....

Couldn't help noticing this bit of Annunziata Rees-Mogg's Wikipedia page:

"In September 2010, Rees-Mogg was engaged to Matthew Glanville, and on 6 November 2010 they were married in Italy at Lucca. Four months later, on 8 March 2011, she gave birth to a daughter, Isadora, who was subsequently christened in St Martin's Church, Welton le Marsh in Lincolnshire".

Presumably she's not quite as Catholic as her big brother, then? Wonder what Jacob thinks of his little sister shagging around and not respecting the sanctity of marriage? :blink:

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Talking about militant Christians....

Couldn't help noticing this bit of Annunziata Rees-Mogg's Wikipedia page:

"In September 2010, Rees-Mogg was engaged to Matthew Glanville, and on 6 November 2010 they were married in Italy at Lucca. Four months later, on 8 March 2011, she gave birth to a daughter, Isadora, who was subsequently christened in St Martin's Church, Welton le Marsh in Lincolnshire".

Presumably she's not quite as Catholic as her big brother, then? Wonder what Jacob thinks of his little sister shagging around and not respecting the sanctity of marriage? :blink:

TBF marriage has never meant less or cost more than it does now

Edited by WigstonWanderer

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

Premier League players to boycott social media in protest at racist abuse

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/18/premier-league-players-boycott-social-media-protest-racial-abuse

Oh, no.

How will we survive?

Wow, the collective IQ has just gone up a few points.

Relief.

Footballers should do this more often. Show some brain. :appl:

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

But at least it will stamp out racism.

Their sacrifice will not be in vain.

You know, we might just have a solution to world peace on our hands here. It will be hard but if they could mange about 48hrs, I think even Kim jong un would calm down.

Good luck George - I know exactly how you feel.

Great to hear people in the public eye talking about such a difficult subject. 

George Alagiah's 'guilt' over disabled toilet use

George Alagiah

George Alagiah has spoken of his guilt at having to use disabled toilets while having no visible disability.

The BBC newsreader, who has stage four bowel cancer, used the facilities in the past because of having a stoma bag attached to his stomach.

When disabled people saw him using the toilets he would feel the need to "apologise or explain", he said.

Talking about living with the bag for the first time, Alagiah said it also required him to get his suits altered.

A stoma bag is an opening in the stomach where faeces are collected in a bag after part or all of the bowel is removed due to a disease or obstruction.

Alagiah, 63, returned to presenting duties in January this year after his bowel cancer returned in December 2017.

He no longer has a stoma bag after undergoing reversal treatment.

'Apologise and explain'

Speaking about living with a stoma on In Conversation With George Alagiah: A Bowel Cancer UK Podcast, he said: "I used to find it difficult. I had a stoma but I didn't look disabled, and I would be turning the key in a disabled loo in a motorway service station or something.

"And if there was a queue and somebody obviously disabled (was there), I used to feel guilty and feel like I needed to apologise and explain.

"The reason you need to go into a disabled loo is that you just need a little bit of space, to get the contents of your blue bag out and the sanitising equipment and so on."

The charity Crohn's & Colitis UK has launched a campaign calling for companies to install new signs on disabled toilets to explain that not all disabilities are visible.

It says people with such "invisible disabilities" are subjected to discrimination for using facilities they urgently need.

In 2017, Tottenham Hotspur became the first football club to feature such a slogan on their disabled toilets.

Alagiah also spoke of adjusting his clothes and changing his outfits to fit the bag, which included taking his suits out and wearing braces.

Speaking about his concerns over returning to work with the bag, he said: "I [was] always looking around at my colleagues and thinking, 'Can they smell anything, can they hear anything?"'

Dr Lisa Wilde, from Bowel Cancer UK, said stomas remained a "hidden part of living with the disease".

She said: "We know that many of our supporters face everyday challenges to manage their stoma, and one of these is accessing disabled toilets, as it's not a visible disability.

"We're determined to improve the quality of life of everyone affected by bowel cancer and to help people live well with a stoma."

Alagiah hosts the first series of Bowel Cancer UK's podcasts, interviewing supporters and leading experts on the disease, as well as discussing his own treatment and diagnosis.

Bowel cancer is the UK's fourth most common cancer and second biggest killer cancer with more than 16,000 people dying from the disease every year.

It is treatable and can be curable, especially if diagnosed early.

• Like 2