Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Seems a bit harsh unless he has previous.

25 minutes ago, Buce said:

Why?

I don't know about Down Under, but in the UK common assault doesn't usually attract a custodial sentence.

Maybe the authorities are trying to make an example of him so it acts as a deterrent for others?

Instances like this seem to be on the rise (especially in Scotland) and I wonder if handing out a prison sentence might make others think twice about going on the pitch and assaulting players?

39 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Maybe the authorities are trying to make an example of him so it acts as a deterrent for others?

Instances like this seem to be on the rise (especially in Scotland) and I wonder if handing out a prison sentence might make others think twice about going on the pitch and assaulting players?

I'm sure you're right, bro.

But when you get a non-custodial sentence for carrying a blade if it's a first-time offence, it seems disproportionate to me. Banning him from football for life would arguably be more of a deterrent, but he was only banned for 10 years.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Why?

I don't know about Down Under, but in the UK common assault doesn't usually attract a custodial sentence.

Why?

The guy runs up behind a young lad in his place of work and thumps him from behind in a completely unprovoked attack.

I don’t know what the punishments are here or in the UK, but with this sort of thing on the rise, not only at football games but in all walks of society. 

I would have given him 5 years if I could, start making an example of these people and let them know it’s not acceptable in any walk of life.

As for the Brum fans cheering as it happened, I would also give them their next game behind closed doors.

Lets stamp this sort of shit out!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Why?

The guy runs up behind a young lad in his place of work and thumps him from behind in a completely unprovoked attack.

I don’t know what the punishments are here or in the UK, but with this sort of thing on the rise, not only at football games but in all walks of society. 

I would have given him 5 years if I could, start making an example of these people and let them know it’s not acceptable in any walk of life.

As for the Brum fans cheering as it happened, I would also give them their next game behind closed doors.

Lets stamp this sort of shit out!

Yeah, I get what you're saying, mate, and I certainly don't have any sympathy for him, but it's inconsistent with sentencing for similar crimes and as such he can consider himself harshly dealt with, particularly if it's his first offence.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Are you serious? When you are human decisions have consequences. Like the decision to join an active war zone has cost this terrorist 3 of her children's lives. That not on javid, that is on her. 

Hundreds of reporters and journalists have died in Syria since the start of the civil war. "quite able to operate safely" might be true now that the war is coming to somewhat of an end, but to pretend these journalists aren't putting their lives at risk in being there is somewhat naieve at best. 

We shouldn't be risking lives rescuing a known terrorist. Not now, not ever. Popping out a kid doesn't absolve you from your mistakes. 

We should of asked IS if they would do an exchange..for Diane Abbot...

this stream of sympathy towards a terrorists child or women's-Children of serving terrorist organisations .IMO, false point scoring,and Bunkhum..!!.

just think how many innocent children &families have died,or splintered, because of these women's antics and support they have to IS fighters...

Home-politicians waving this child-sympathy flag,is for me, while still  fighting and terrorist sympathies

are still rife,around the  camps,is just wrong.

These women chose their path,and willingly took on the consequences,when they opened their legs....

My sympathies are with the girls/women who were taken and raped,most likely while these evil women looked on.....

More ,and the time , with sympathies and support should only be for them!!!  

Edited by fuchsntf

If anyone interested on an update for Algeria, the current president will not be a candidate for the next elections but he will postpone the elections to provide a smoother transition lol

I honesty feel sorry for the guy. The man looks half-dead, can't move most of his body and can speak an incoherent word or 2 from time to time and they are putting him in front of cameras with some people like the head of the army. Said head of the army looks so uncomfortable because he knows that this act has past the threshold of insanity a long time ago. and they have enough shamelessness to try and act like the poor man is OK. We have a saying here, "the gravity of the misfortune will bring laughter". I don't know if I should laugh or cry. " they" say the president is the one who is retiring some ministers and putting others to pave the way for the next government, they are trying to manufacture the next government.

I've been in the center of the city about an hour ago and there are many people there celebrating the fact that the president will not run for another presidency. I hope that enough people see this for what it is, a fresh coat of paint on a decaying house.

I've been saying it for sometime now, the ones who are calling the shots will use the president as a scapegoat. It was the plan all along. Trick people in thinking there is a change and they are the ones who made it. 

Looking back at my post on the 90's two pages ago, I find my self a bit too negative and the 90% part was over-exaggerated but the 90's were truly bad.

Edited by the fox

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We should of asked IS if they would do an exchange..for Diane Abbot...

this stream of sympathy towards a terrorists child or women's-Children of serving terrorist organisations .IMO, false point scoring,and Bunkhum..!!.

just think how many innocent children &families have died,or splintered, because of these women's antics and support they have to IS fighters...

Home-politicians waving this child-sympathy flag,is for me, while still  fighting and terrorist sympathies

are still rife,around the  camps,is just wrong.

These women chose their path,and willingly took on the consequences,when they opened their legs....

My sympathies are with the girls/women who were taken and raped,most likely while these evil women looked on.....

More ,and the time , with sympathies and support should only be for them!!!  

How can you not have sympathy with an innocent child? Whoever his parents were, the baby wasn’t capable of any harm and has suffered shamefully. 

I can understand most people’s position in this argument towards shamima or the government but anyone who doesn’t feel appalled that a child got hurt in this dispute, is a pretty dark individual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

How can you not have sympathy with an innocent child? Whoever his parents were, the baby wasn’t capable of any harm and has suffered shamefully. 

I can understand most people’s position in this argument towards shamima or the government but anyone who doesn’t feel appalled that a child got hurt in this dispute, is a pretty dark individual.

Oh no,just a realist,...Too many wanting to make political point scoring,and fed up of the "nice-set" using a child for political gain

is also dispicable... 

Yes in ALL children lies the thought of eternal hope,and yes I am appalled.

Support and protection should of been automatic,for the sake of the child!!

But what about other or our local criminals children,do they get the mass projection of media coverage,shouldn't we be making points for protection &support for them.

We should of brought the mother home,charged her!! Took the child away..IMO put the child to the grandparents/family care with social services support.

But,few of us have the time,to care about the aggressor in this life,when I see victims are and have always in my years on this planet,been easily,conveniently Forgotten...Even now these scumbags,in their tunnels,and after total defeat will be wimpering for understanding, .even after the fact  that now they are still using their captors has human-walls,and committing atrocities,just for the sake of it....

I have lived,worked,given voluntary services in these lands,and have nothing but love and positive feelings for all these peoples.....but there is a reality in this Life the world over.....It's some of these sweet little children,here and everywhere else that turn out to be grown up despots,criminals,terrorists,murderers, sothis idea of using kids,to verify and qualify and redeem our own  consciences,is for me somewhat sick... 

Look how much money,food and technical support that has flowed into all these areas of the world, since the end of WWII,plus many having found their own Supply of materials/merchandise/oil-gas/precious gems......but those countries peoples,argue,discuss,debate, and steal their way through their lives and abuse ,misuse their own children and peoples future,because corruption are on higher levels of any of  the mafia courtels, and has been allowed to flourish..

The finance that has ran into all these countries,some of ex-great historical empires & civilisations, in 70years have seen enough to refloat,rebuild their own countries 10 fold...

So though I am appalled,and have sympathies for all our small ones of this world,I only now have time to lose and she'd my tears

over the ones within my close society.

Because we have enough problems,where we are not decent enough in this civilised part of the world to give political,social support,or enough protection for our own children,and protect even those unknown children under our society's charge...

We can't even find a balanced education for all...

Especially then one decides to turn their back and leave ,to help and support to terrorise other peoples,their offspring then have an immediate lower priority..

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, Buce said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying, mate, and I certainly don't have any sympathy for him, but it's inconsistent with sentencing for similar crimes and as such he can consider himself harshly dealt with, particularly if it's his first offence.

It's fairly consistent with it happening in a football stadium - the guy who slapped Enklemen got three months and the guy who attacked Simon Royce got four months, the Hearts fan who went for Lennon about four months and the Leeds fan who attacked Kirkland got 14 weeks. 

Guest MattP
5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Sounds like weasel words added that deliberately mean different things to different people, all in the hope of getting her bag of shit deal through. The ultimate fudge that surely won’t fool anyone.

It's all down to the ERG and the DUP - if they see enough they'll climb down.

Remainers very angry on R4 this morning which suggests the EU may have moved a little bit, something they claimed would never happen.

The Brexit blockers have momentum and that reason might be enough for the other side to vote through the deal.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Pretty much what everyone predicted wasn't it? Leave it til the last minute and come back with a miracle last minute breakthrough which in reality means very little at all. lol

In terms of the European Union this is still very early.

In an ideal World we would be taking this down to midnight on the last day being deadly serious about no deal.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's fairly consistent with it happening in a football stadium - the guy who slapped Enklemen got three months and the guy who attacked Simon Royce got four months, the Hearts fan who went for Lennon about four months and the Leeds fan who attacked Kirkland got 14 weeks. 

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I guess they are seeing encroachment as an aggravating factor. 

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's all down to the ERG and the DUP 

Isn't it.

The vote will obviously be much closer this evening so those guys are going to be the key. Let's see what Cox says.

Thing is, as I see it, how can anyone (the EU in this instance) categorically exclude something that is explicitly included in an agreement? I get there is a genuine intention not to go into the backstop but if there is no agreed alternative IF the situation arises, what else are you to do? ANY form of words that might be uttered surely cannot negate the effect of an agreed document. For MPs to vote for the deal, they are going to have to trust that an alternative to the backstop can be found. That's a big ask for something as important as this. I really don't want to call it but I personally wouldn't vote for the deal.

• Like 2

The IRA has claimed responsibility for four 'mail bombs' sent to London and Glasgow - and says there's one more still to find
Four explosive devices were discovered last week - but the IRA says it sent five

ByAdam Care
11:20, 12 MAR 2019

Days after four suspected explosive devices were sent to key sites in London and Glasgow the IRA has claimed it sent five.

One of the packages was received at Glasgow University, while three were sent to transport sites in the capital.

The fifth, if it exists, remains unaccounted for.

Both London's Metropolitan Police and Police Scotland say they are taking the claim seriously.

The claim from the IRA was received on Monday, March 11 by a media outlet in Northern Ireland, using a recognised codeword.

According to the Met Police "the claim was allegedly made on behalf of the ‘IRA’."

What did the police say?
A force spokesperson said investigations into the devices were continuing and enquiries were being made.

A spokesperson said: "Given the packages received last week bore similarities to devices sent in the past which were linked to dissident groups associated with Northern Ireland-related terrorism, officers were already looking at this as a line of enquiry.

"However, we continue to keep an open mind and enquiries continue.

"We are also aware that those claiming responsibility have indicated five devices were sent. At this time, only four devices have been recovered.

"Extensive advice has already been issued to relevant businesses and sectors to be vigilant for and report suspicious packages to police.

"This advice was previously sent to armed forces personnel and is being reiterated again in light of this claim.

"We continue to urge the public to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious to police."

Suspicious activity can be reported by calling the confidential phone line 0800 789 321 or filling in a secure form at  www.gov.uk/act.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/ira-claimed-responsibility-four-mail-2635602