Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Well there is talk that they'd seek to impose some conditions on us in the case of a long extension so we cant intervene on future plans and budget. The EU doesnt really want a short extension as its just more can kicking with a much more abrupt cliff-edge come June as extension might not be an option if we don't hold elections (scenes when we then revoke A50 and then any decisions passed by EU Parliament become illegitimate). It doesn't want no deal obviously so it would surely agree a long extension and hope that something changes - well it would have to/surely then parliament would pass a no confidence vote??????

I should say it wouldn't surprise me rather than I expect he would veto it. He likely won't block it - it would use serious amounts of political capital because he doesn't really personally have any big allies within the EU. If he did have a couple of allies to call upon that I'm not aware of then it would be entirely possible - though would they want to expend that political capital anyway. We have to remember there's a sizeable chunk of EU countries that aren't overly bothered by Brexit, they'll go with majority view or can Macron twist some arms. He just wants us gone. 

My head hurts. I'll decide by Monday whether to stockpile food! :D

36 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If true this is positively Orwellian

It is, but rather than a sign of things to come, it's been based on well intentioned but hasty and poorly informed acceptance of the demands of a movement that has existed in a massive and increasingly toxic echo chamber, which now it's being exposed to the air is likely to dissolve

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It is, but rather than a sign of things to come, it's been based on well intentioned but hasty and poorly informed acceptance of the demands of a movement that has existed in a massive and increasingly toxic echo chamber, which now it's being exposed to the air is likely to dissolve

Let's hope so.

The fact the Police are actively on Twitter though asking people to report if they have been upset by anyone shows how quickly this stuff can get out of hand.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Let's hope so.

The fact the Police are actively on Twitter though asking people to report if they have been upset by anyone shows how quickly this stuff can get out of hand.

There's enough stuff on social media that definitely DOES warrant police attention (including, increasingly a lot of the activity on the part of the movement we're talking about here) but the threshold for what constitutes hate speech is all over the place

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oh dear are we starting the stockpile already?

I've already stocked up on Beer, Black Pudding, Gammon and I'm currently lobbing chlorine all over my chicken.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I've already stocked up on Beer, Black Pudding, Gammon and I'm currently lobbing chlorine all over my chicken.

Matty P's partying with Mammon,

Bring your chlorine and your gammon!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

So just to be clear, it’s Mays deal (which can’t go through parliament again) w/ extension or no deal? lol 

Or no Brexit. So basically the same three options as ever. 

Guest MattP

We are nearly at the end game here, No Deal now leading the betting markets. 

In a weird way I want to find out if all those predictions about it being the end of the World were true - we might be about to find out.

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Quite poetic, that 

Guest MattP
11 minutes ago, bovril said:

If Tusk is serious, that's gone.

It slipped my mind that Labour policy is actually to try and get a second referendum if they couldn't get a general election - which two months ago they tried and failed to get. 

Last week the leadership had the chance to enforce it on a vote in the house and didn't, enforcing backbenchers to vote against.

Can anyone think of another time where a party has actually whipped its MP's to vote against its party policy?

18 minutes ago, bovril said:

If we can't extend Article 50 (say Macron has blocked it), then there's no hope for a referendum to reverse Brexit, since they take an average of 25 weeks to hold.

I somewhat doubt Parliament would revoke Article 50.

Just now, Beechey said:

If we can't extend Article 50 (say Macron has blocked it), then there's no hope for a referendum to reverse Brexit, since they take an average of 25 weeks to hold.

I somewhat doubt Parliament would revoke Article 50.

I seriously doubt it too, but it's still one of the 3 options. 

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, bovril said:

EU seem to frantically trying to scrape us off the bottom of their shoes so no-deal looks most likely in 9 days. What unbridled Brexit joys. 

They won't do that remember they care about Ireland and will do everything to avoid a hard border.

This little Irish girl even sent Donald Tusk a letter thanking him with an Irish flag he put on Instagram. 

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

If Tusk is serious, that's gone.

It slipped my mind that Labour policy is actually to try and get a second referendum if they couldn't get a general election - which two months ago they tried and failed to get. 

Last week the leadership had the chance to enforce it on a vote in the house and didn't, enforcing backbenchers to vote against.

Can anyone think of another time where a party has actually whipped its MP's to vote against its party policy?

The Tories whipped its MPs to vote against its own motion, just last week.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/grieving-family-fined-£200-for-funeral-that-overran-by-just-14-seconds/ar-BBUZIYN?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=wispr

A family was fined £200 when their dad's funeral overran by just 14 seconds - because a mourner on walking sticks took too long to leave the chapel.

It has emerged that North East Lincolnshire Council has imposed penalties for funeral services which go beyond allocated time limits by just seconds.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/grieving-family-fined-£200-for-funeral-that-overran-by-just-14-seconds/ar-BBUZIYN?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=wispr

A family was fined £200 when their dad's funeral overran by just 14 seconds - because a mourner on walking sticks took too long to leave the chapel.

It has emerged that North East Lincolnshire Council has imposed penalties for funeral services which go beyond allocated time limits by just seconds.

Was it Adrien Silva's dad by any chance?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

They won't do that remember they care about Ireland and will do everything to avoid a hard border.

This little Irish girl even sent Donald Tusk a letter thanking him with an Irish flag he put on Instagram. 

So basically we were supposed to keep threatening the EU with no deal and now the EU are, effectively threatening us with no deal, they are bastards.

I can't really be bothered to argue it anymore I'm totally fatigued by it, just bring it on.