Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

I agree, Corbyn is a waste of space as tonight again proves. But that does excuse Mays failings. 

At the end of the day the Tory party are in power (thanks to a huge bribe to the DUP) so it matters not what Corbyn would have done. His poor opposition certainly hasn't helped matters and I could rant about him all night, but that doesn't stop May being utterly useless.

They're all a shower of shit really.

I've always tried to give TM the benefit of the doubt seeing as she was handed a poisoned chalice and a near impossible job with Brexit, but my patience has ran out.

She may well be useless but nobody has yet convinced me that anyone else could have done a better job and why.

Basically Cameron took a massive shit on her carpet and left her to clean it up.

• Like 4

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Well I hope Mr Bercow sticks to his ruling that there will be no third attempt at voting for the deal if it hasnt substantionally changed with the same frivolity.

Absolutely, but we all know he'll lose his bollocks now and do so because he can't be the man who facilitates a no deal.

If he could get away with it he'd turn up in Brussels to talk.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've always tried to give TM the benefit of the doubt seeing as she was handed a poisoned chalice and a near impossible job with Brexit, but my patience has ran out.

She may well be useless but nobody has yet convinced me that anyone else could have done a better job and why.

Basically Cameron took a massive shit on her carpet and left her to clean it up.

I can't argue with that, it was a poisoned chalice and as we have agreed Corbyn is bloody useless too. I did have some sympathy too, but the last few months have been horrendous for her.

It is that lack of leadership that staggers me. Even tonight, her message is one of zero flexibility and then she has basically wiped her hands of it and blamed the HOC. Even her own party are calling for her head. 

Why would an MP change their mind on her shitty deal and be flexible when she can't. Theres no lead by example. Just do as I say or **** up the country, oh and that'll be your fault.

Embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Well I hope Mr Bercow sticks to his ruling that there will be no third attempt at voting for the deal if it hasnt substantionally changed with the same frivolity.

I still don't think she will have the numbers anyway. She's working against MPs and blaming them, not a great way to inspire and get them to follow. 

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Dominic Grieve wants to support the Kyle-Wison ammendment,  I bet he does, put a sh#t deal back to the public against a remain vote.

He has a house in France to think about - how he hasn't fcuked off to the TIG I have no idea. The worst of the elite we know better than you snobs still in the Tory party. 

Guest MattP
Just now, RobHawk said:

I still don't think she will have the numbers anyway. She's working against MPs and blaming them, not a great way to inspire and get them to follow. 

If it's her deal v no deal and its concrete she wins with ease, easily gets enough support from all sides.

No way does the house vote for no deal - we only get that if we get kicked out.

We are literally the laughing stock of the world. I'm worried about what will fill this political void. 

Best case: the green party something completely different.

Worse case UKIP: more of the same but on steroids.

I've seriously had it with Labour and conservative though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

If it's her deal v no deal and its concrete she wins with ease, easily gets enough support from all sides.

No way does the house vote for no deal - we only get that if we get kicked out.

Or we revoke article 50 and start again. Or MPs take over the process and look for an alternative. I don't think it will be as simple as Mays deal Vs no deal. 

Time will tell but I'd be very surprised if MPs allowed May to railroad them into her deal. No deal much more likely but let's see what else comes about. 

Plenty of time. Still 9 days ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I can't argue with that, it was a poisoned chalice and as we have agreed Corbyn is bloody useless too. I did have some sympathy too, but the last few months have been horrendous for her.

It is that lack of leadership that staggers me. Even tonight, her message is one of zero flexibility and then she has basically wiped her hands of it and blamed the HOC. Even her own party are calling for her head. 

Why would an MP change their mind on her shitty deal and be flexible when she can't. Theres no lead by example. Just do as I say or **** up the country, oh and that'll be your fault.

Embarrassing.

She's negotiated a deal with the EU to the best of her ability.

Could she or anyone else have negotiated a better deal that would have got a majority in the HOC in time? 

I don't understand the detail enough to know if it's a shitty deal or not, but MP's seems so split on Brexit that I can't imagine anyone could have pleased them all.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Or we revoke article 50 and start again. Or MPs take over the process and look for an alternative. I don't think it will be as simple as Mays deal Vs no deal. 

Time will tell but I'd be very surprised if MPs allowed May to railroad them into her deal. No deal much more likely but let's see what else comes about. 

Plenty of time. Still 9 days ?

If Tusk is serious that's now the choice. Whether they don't believe him is going to be interesting.

Article 50 certainly isn't being revoked anytime soon. A GE comes before that.

I think we could crash out quite easily. We're pissing off the French and the could be tactical vetoes by any of Italy, Hungary, Poland or someone else.

All this while Putin and Trump are telling us to hurry up and get it if Europe because obviously they both have or best interests at heart.

The worst of it is that no one has come up with a single thing that will be better after we brexit. It's all we can hunt rabbits and we survived the blitz we can survive this. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Her monomania is quite staggering. 

The only monomania is that of a preoccupation with keeping herself in power at all costs. She’s a demagogue, but lacks the charm and personality to even do that properly.

Theresa May, predictably just blamed everyone but herself for leading the country to the brink of disaster. She says she’s on the side of the British People, she’s on nobody’s side but her own.

Edited by RoboFox

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I think Corbyn and May deserve a bit more credit than they receive, I've not seen the country this united in years: Every single citizen hates the shit cvnts.

Watching that earlier it reminded me how similar they actually are, that was sort of thing I'd expect him to do if he was prime minister. 

Going over the heads of MP's to appeal to public is actually quite terrible - totally belittles the idea of our representative democracy. Disgraceful in fact.

38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Mate, even Puel could have done a better job of uniting the nation.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

If Tusk is serious that's now the choice. Whether they don't believe him is going to be interesting.

Article 50 certainly isn't being revoked anytime soon. A GE comes before that.

My understanding of what tusk said is he will only grant a short extension if we have a plan. Leaving a longer extension still on the table, which if rumours are to be believed is preferable to the EU anyway. 

It just means this should be without May at the wheel as she seems to have backed herself into a corner over a longer extension. 

On 18/03/2019 at 19:53, Carl the Llama said:

I got shitty about the bus because it couldn't possibly be a promise yet it was a key campaign tool used to sway people.

It's like any political statement, it happens at every election....the whole system is bullshit......democracy is dead

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We are literally the laughing stock of the world. I'm worried about what will fill this political void. 

Best case: the green party something completely different.

Worse case UKIP: more of the same but on steroids.

I've seriously had it with Labour and conservative though.

For 50 years following the end of the British empire, the UK has punched well above its weight in the world. I believe this whole fiasco from the referendum onwards will finally put paid to that era.

There is simply no way out that doesn’t either inflict massive economic damage both short and long term, or result in becoming a rule taker without influence, or result in massive national humiliation.

Well done David Cameron, a bunch of right wing fanatics, and a gullible electorate, with special mention to the parliamentary clown sideshow.

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

For 50 years following the end of the British empire, the UK has punched well above its weight in the world. I believe this whole fiasco from the referendum onwards will finally put paid to that era.

There is simply no way out that doesn’t either inflict massive economic damage both short and long term, or result in becoming a rule taker without influence, or result in massive national humiliation.

Well done David Cameron, a bunch of right wing fanatics, and a gullible electorate, with special mention to the parliamentary clown sideshow.

You’re welcome :).

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The only monomania is that of a preoccupation with keeping herself in power at all costs. She’s a demagogue, but lacks the charm and personality to even do that properly.

Theresa May, predictably just blamed everyone but herself for leading the country to the brink of disaster. She says she’s on the side of the British People, she’s on nobody’s side but her own.

I've no idea why she'd want to stay in power much longer. She doesn't need the money, stress or hassle really.

She's aged about 15 years in the last 12 months and looks/sounds like a bag of nails.

I'd like to think that the reason she's being so stubborn is that she genuinely thinks she's trying to implement the will of the people.

If that's nonsense and it's 'all about her' then I'd be really disappointed.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I've no idea why she'd want to stay in power much longer. She doesn't need the money, stress or hassle really.

She's aged about 15 years in the last 12 months and looks/sounds like a bag of nails.

I'd like to think that the reason she's being so stubborn is that she genuinely thinks she's trying to implement the will of the people.

If that's nonsense and it's 'all about her' then I'd be really disappointed.

I think it's about her legacy. 

But she's ****ed that too