Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

16 minutes ago, bovril said:

EU seem to frantically trying to scrape us off the bottom of their shoes so no-deal looks most likely in 9 days. What unbridled Brexit joys. 

What they are actually saying is that the EU will only grant a short extention if May's deal passes - they expect a long one otherwise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/france-threatens-to-refuse-brexit-delay-without-clear-plan

Edited by Buce

So May thinks another few months will give her time to get her deal through. Delusional.

All I hear from MPs is they want the choice to vote on all the options in an indicative vote. Maybe I'm an idiot but this makes sense to set out a direction we can move forward.

But no, Mrs May wants another vote in a Deal Vs No deal showdown, which I bet still won't go through. Scare tactics again. 

I'm a remainder, but right now I think I'd prefer no deal to Mays deal purely on principle. Either way, May is an embarrassment to the country.

Surely it's time for either May to go or parliament to take control of the proceedings. Enough is enough, her deal is not suitable so we need to try and find something that is. 

Its a great lesson in how not to be a leader for anyone interested in the intricacies of leadership. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

So May thinks another few months will give her time to get her deal through. Delusional.

All I hear from MPs is they want the choice to vote on all the options in an indicative vote. Maybe I'm an idiot but this makes sense to set out a direction we can move forward.

But no, Mrs May wants another vote in a Deal Vs No deal showdown, which I bet still won't go through. Scare tactics again. 

I'm a remainder, but right now I think I'd prefer no deal to Mays deal purely on principle. Either way, May is an embarrassment to the country.

Surely it's time for either May to go or parliament to take control of the proceedings. Enough is enough, her deal is not suitable so we need to try and find something that is. 

Its a great lesson in how not to be a leader for anyone interested in the intricacies of leadership. 

She'll still get the ex-pm pension and a good payment on the "speech " circuit.

3 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Small price to pay to be rid off her 

She's appalling yes but I really don't see how any other PM could've had a significantly different outcome. The country is completely split, parliament is completely split and opinions aren't changing. We're banging our heads against an immovable EU wall. 

We're on a road to nowhere, come on inside. 

• Like 2

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Buce said:

The Tories whipped its MPs to vote against its own motion, just last week.

I said policy, not "amended" motion.

41 minutes ago, Lionator said:

She's appalling yes but I really don't see how any other PM could've had a significantly different outcome. The country is completely split, parliament is completely split and opinions aren't changing. We're banging our heads against an immovable EU wall. 

We're on a road to nowhere, come on inside. 

I completely disagree with that.

Firstly, she's pandered to an element of her party over doing what's best for the country. She took a hugely decisive matter and didn't think to include the other party's. Her red lines were set and that was that. Before we even started negotiating she had alienated a huge section of the HOC. She hoped to never have to get things passed through the HOC but luckily that was not the case.

Now, having said that I get that alot of the above is just the way politics works in this country and even though Brexit is unprecedented you are probably right that anyone else would have done the same, even if the red lines were different (see labours key tests). 

But her ultimate failure has been her utter failure to be flexible. To accept her deal is not good enough and have the conversations (better late than never) and allow all of parliament to be included on what the best course of action is. Now we all know there's no clear majority, but that's where the indicative vote at least gives us a way forward. 

It's as if she sees the failure of her deal as a personal failure and therefore refuses to even consider another route, hence the Deal or No deal showdown. This is the most damning aspect of her leadership. It's as though she saw Cameron U-turn every week and thought, "I'm never doing that". But it does not need to be a U-turn, it needs to be a ok, let's see what else we can come up with.

Her inflexible approach has isolated MPs across the House and left us in this mess with 9 days to go. She's blamed the house, when in reality there's only 1 person to blame and it's her. 

I saw a tweet earlier that even the application to extend article 50 was submitted late. This government is an utter shambles.

Edited by RobHawk
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Firstly, she's pandered to an element of her party over doing what's best for the country. She took a hugely decisive matter and didn't think to include the other party's. Her red lines were set and that was that. Before we even started negotiating she had alienated a huge section of the HOC. She hoped to never have to get things passed through the HOC but luckily that was not the case.

I don't recall Corbyn being particularly arsed about helping out until it suited him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I don't recall Corbyn being particularly arsed about helping out until it suited him.

There's more than 2 party's in the HOC. 

But the point is it should have been a cross party issue from the start. If party's didn't engage then more fool them.

But, It wasn't and that has nothing to do with Corbyn or any other opposition leaders. 

• Like 1

Future of the country on the line and Corbyn storms out of a meeting with the other party leaders.

The lot of them are absolutely pathetic. What a time to have the feeblest collection of British politicians in living memory.

4 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

There's more than 2 party's in the HOC. 

But the point is it should have been a cross party issue from the start. If party's didn't engage then more fool them.

But, It wasn't and that has nothing to do with Corbyn or any other opposition leaders. 

I often wonder if Corbyn was PM whether he’d have made it a cross party issue from the start and ultimately done a better job of it all than TM.

I very much doubt it on both fronts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Future of the country on the line and Corbyn storms out of a meeting with the other party leaders.

The lot of them are absolutely pathetic. What a time to have the feeblest collection of British politicians in living memory.

Good to see him putting the country first :thumbup:

Guest MattP

It's not like it's a critical moment is it?

If only Umanna had left to join Hamas or the IRA Jezza would have organised the tea.

Guest MattP

This man was the economic editor for Channel 4, worked for Newsnight on the BBC and is a respected left wing economist lol

The political World is going mad.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Corbyn: "you have to talk to people with whom you may profoundly disagree"; talks to IRA, Hamas, Hesbolah.

also Corbyn: storms out of a meeting at a national crisis because Chukka was there. 

Very convenient  if you ask me. What would he have contributed to the meeting anyway?  He is a bigger Eurosceptic than Mark Francois.

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I often wonder if Corbyn was PM whether he’d have made it a cross party issue from the start and ultimately done a better job of it all than TM.

I very much doubt it on both fronts.

I agree, Corbyn is a waste of space as tonight again proves. But that does excuse Mays failings. 

At the end of the day the Tory party are in power (thanks to a huge bribe to the DUP) so it matters not what Corbyn would have done. His poor opposition certainly hasn't helped matters and I could rant about him all night, but that doesn't stop May being utterly useless.

• Like 1