Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

His action changed the dynamics of the game, from being 11 to 10 men. Overall its important that this gets highlighted more so in the future. Lcfc player or not, i'm behind pundits that bring this forward because its shameful and ruins the game for everyone.

I don't think it really did either - we were on top and Arsenal's best chance came when they had 10 men. 

• Like 1

Just now, Simoken said:

His action changed the dynamics of the game, from being 11 to 10 men. Overall its important that this gets highlighted more so in the future. Lcfc player or not, i'm behind pundits that bring this forward because its shameful and ruins the game for everyone.

What a load of b#####k's! Shameful? Watch it again, The kid has lunged in, yes there wasn't much contact, but there was enough to take his trailing leg and like he said, you can't lunge in like that so Maddison had to jump and go down. 

Like others have said Torreira and Xhakas actions were more deplorable, going down like they'd be shot when there actually wasn't any foul to begin with, Maddison was fouled end of.

6 minutes ago, car1os said:

If you watch the third goal yesterday, Maddison is fouled outside the penalty area just as Ricardo gets the ball and again goes down like a sack of S...puds.

To be fair he stayed on the deck and needed attention in that example. You wouldn't false injury to avoid goal celebrations and stay on the floor in aftermath of final whistle. There's no doubting he goes down easy however. 

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

you can't lunge in like that so Maddison had to jump and go down. 

That's called diving... and i saw little to no contact from him to hold his leg like he got hit. He played it.  You are so bias that your eyes are blinded by B***locks clearly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

That's called diving... and i saw little to no contact from him to hold his leg like he got hit. He played it.  You are so bias that your eyes are blinded by B***locks clearly.

Jumping out the way of a lunging tackle is not automatically diving. And as I said, watch it from the other angle they showed on MOTD, there was contact on his trailing leg.

I'm not saying he didn't milk it after the challenege, but the bo####k's comment was you calling him shameful.

13 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

What a load of b#####k's! Shameful? Watch it again, The kid has lunged in, yes there wasn't much contact, but there was enough to take his trailing leg and like he said, you can't lunge in like that so Maddison had to jump and go down. 

Like others have said Torreira and Xhakas actions were more deplorable, going down like they'd be shot when there actually wasn't any foul to begin with, Maddison was fouled end of.

That is what pissed me off about Murphy’s “analysis” he is saying there is no contact when you can see in the screen Maddison’s trailing leg get caught by AMN and trapped between body and arm. He doesn’t catch him with his studs Maddison has to move his leg to avoid contact (which means it is a foul to start with) then he gets his trailing leg taken out the one he then grabs. 

You can say he makes a meal out of it, but you can’t say there is no contact, it was clearly a foul, you can’t dive in like that, it’s a 50/50 yellow for me and as a second yellow I’m surprised Oliver booked him instead of a final caution but it is nobody’s fault other than Maitland-Niles’.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Milking it is shameful. its acting it out and cheating.

As I said, Torreira and Xhaka were 10 times worse when not even fouled . 

It was unfair to single out Maddison when a) he was actually fouled and b) those guys above did it on more than one occasion. Complete bias against Leicester from DM.

He did what he had to do to ensure we rightly got the free kick, I don't think for a second it was to try and get him booked as that was 50/50 but at the end of the day it was 100% a foul, not cheating at all.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

As I said, Torreira and Xhaka were 10 times worse when not even fouled . 

Im not sure about Xhaka but with regards to Torreira, was it the Evans incident with the arm? It did look a little aggressive tbh...

40 minutes ago, car1os said:

If you watch the third goal yesterday, Maddison is fouled outside the penalty area just as Ricardo gets the ball and again goes down like a sack of S...puds.

He he needs to stop rolling around the ground the way he does.  Yes, it was two yellow cards and yes Maddison was fouled.  But there will be times he gets fouled, we play advantage, and because he’s rolling around the floor like both legs have been broken beyond repair we’re a man light in the attacking phase which could cost us a goal-scoring opportunity.  I also worry a referee will think he’s trying to con them if they know he goes to ground so easily

For future screenings of our 3rd goal yesterday, hopefully they can narrow the view to cut out the sight of Maddison 'falling over' - bit like the 'English tinted' view of the 1966 WC final when loads of people were on the pitch but the referee didn't stop play and allowed Hurst's 2nd (3rd?) goal   :cool:

@simoken - you're clearly missing the angle that shows the follow through from the trailing leg ……. its potentially a second yellow... refs are always on the look out for players who have miscontrolled or slipped trying to rectify their problem ..

.referees are already aware that JM goes down easily...… he got his label early on this season and he doesn't always get the decisions now.  if yellow cards could be rescinded, then AMN is still looking at a one match ban - neither card would be struck off.

whether the crowd should be baying for retribution on the back of some of these fouls on Maddison is another question ……..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly Oliver referees the game in a way which is to allow the game to flow. As a result the odd bad tackle gets missed and he won't blow unless absolutely necessary. Our crowd would grumble about an aerial challenge but if the ball broke to Leicester he wouldn't whistle. With the niggly bits of yesterday's game, another ref would have repeatedly been on his whistle. 

But he did blow up to give the red card even though he'd allowed Vardy to get as far as the side of the penalty area, he should have allowed play to go on and then book the guy.

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

But he did blow up to give the red card even though he'd allowed Vardy to get as far as the side of the penalty area, he should have allowed play to go on and then book the guy.

If it’s going to be a red they have to stop play and can’t given an advantage. Not sure why.

Play is allowed to continue, but at the next stoppage in play the caution must be issued and the yellow card displayed. However, advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal.”

Just now, Captain... said:

If it’s going to be a red they have to stop play and can’t given an advantage. Not sure why.

Play is allowed to continue, but at the next stoppage in play the caution must be issued and the yellow card displayed. However, advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal.”

Thanks didn’t know that but he still didn’t blowup immediately he let play run on and then stopped it whilst we still had the ball in advantageous position, so half and half really, benefit of the doubt for thinking time.

57 minutes ago, davieG said:

You can’t give a second yellow as well as letting play go on. 

Edit... I didn’t read the whole thread. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

You can’t give a second yellow as well as letting play go on. 

Edit... I didn’t read the whole thread. 

Aye so I’ve just found out, bit of a silly rule really should only be for serious injury or dangerous play.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, davieG said:

Thanks didn’t know that but he still didn’t blowup immediately he let play run on and then stopped it whilst we still had the ball in advantageous position, so half and half really, benefit of the doubt for thinking time.

Maybe a bit of input from the assistants with a different view? Like how he let it play out a minute though rather than rushing the decision which we've seen a lot with some officials 

3 hours ago, Manini said:

Haven’t seen it personally so I won’t comment on Murphy or his reaction. 

However, we’ve been getting shithoused by players like Maddison for as long as I can remember. I’m made up that we’ve finally got somebody in our team who can give a bit back and play the big boys at their own game. The longer he keeps getting away with it the better for me, we’ve accused the players of being too naive and not streetwise enough in the past, I’m glad they’re finally latching on to the dark arts now. Long live the Leicester shithouses  

Exactly. Diving and general scumbaggery are parts of the game now and they're not going away. Might as well embrace it. I hope Vardy gets a penalty to secure us seventh place on the last day with the biggest dive in history

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe a bit of input from the assistants with a different view? Like how he let it play out a minute though rather than rushing the decision which we've seen a lot with some officials 

He certainly used his team for reference and different views. For example, the correct booking of Ricardo which seemed to take some time for him to do in a different phase of play. Arsenal players reminded him first and then he probably had it confirmed by one of the Linos. Gives you an idea of how frantic a game can be and how a ref may struggle to keep up. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

Aye so I’ve just found out, bit of a silly rule really should only be for serious injury or dangerous play.

the reason being that if the player who should be sent off is then involved in preventing a goal or perhaps being involved in one as play progresses then its wrong as they should have been dismissed

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Apparently the Arsenal didn't touch Maddison whatsoever as they showed a replay of Maddison being clipped lol 

Honestly couldn't believe what I was listening to. The bias is absolutely outrageous.

"Didn't touch him" lol 

Why was it almost universally agreed that the first foul wasn't a yellow? He made no attempt to play the ball, just to stop Chilwell. Blatant yellow, as were Ricardo's and Chilwell's in similar circumstances in the second half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Agree. I think it’s because if you play on, someone who shouldn’t be on the pitch can have a bearing on the outcome, obviously only until play stops.