Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

On 07/04/2019 at 22:24, Facecloth said:

Paul Ince always sounds like he's about to cry. Sounds genuinely nervous to be on TV. No idea why he does it, must be skint.

Paul( the ego) ince is slowly turning into Mr creosote.  does he still like to be known as, the name he gave himself 'the guvnor'? there one of em on here I noticed.

Soft foul, probably shouldn't have been a yellow and a way over the top tumble from Madders. But, Maitland-Niles didn't get anywhere near the ball and did clip him despite not causing Madders to trip.

I don't think Madders conned the ref, but it was a foul for me, just not a yellow. I feel sorry for Maitland-Niles but the way he was playing he probably would've got that second yellow for something else anyway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Surprise surprise, we get shit housed on MOTD by our own personal pundit troll Danny Fkin Murphy. Pretty much guaranteed now that maddison will be a marked man by the ref against Man City. Fact is it was a foul, there WAS contact with no attempt to play the ball and Murphy didn’t mention Xhaka rolling around to get Ndidi booked for a good tackle that resulted in him getting subbed and the constant diving of Torreira and Aubameyang during that game. He’s so anti Leicester it’s embarrassing.  

Don’t recall any pundits crying about armarty’s two quick reds against Man Utd last season which were no different to AMN’s ????

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:10, surrifox said:

Chris Hughton “you don’t become a bad team overnight” quite right they’ve been crap for the whole second half of the season 

They weren't great the first half either - We held them to a 1 - 1 at the Amex outplaying them when Vardy came on and we played about 75 minutes with 10 men.

26 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Murphy and Shearer also picked a non Big 6 team of the season yesterday,  which featured only 1 Leicester player:

Foster

Wan Bissaka

Boly  

Schar 

Digne

Rice

Doucouré 

Moutinho 

Fraser

Jiminez 

Vardy

This is a good thing, though, right? The more our better team members go under the radar (Ricardo/Chillwell/Ndidi etc.) the more likely they are to stay, yes? :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Soft foul, probably shouldn't have been a yellow and a way over the top tumble from Madders. But, Maitland-Niles didn't get anywhere near the ball and did clip him despite not causing Madders to trip.

I don't think Madders conned the ref, but it was a foul for me, just not a yellow. I feel sorry for Maitland-Niles but the way he was playing he probably would've got that second yellow for something else anyway.

Spot on. Murphy is such a tool though.

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How you can not only defend Maitland Niles but actually go on the attack at Maddison for that is beyond me, tbh. 

They're both blatant yellow cards. 

The first, he's clearly lost Chilwell and Chilwell's getting away he just shoves him off balance. It's cynical and a professional foul, it's a yellow. 

The second, he's late, he's off his feet, he's lunging, he does actually catch Maddison. Maddison makes a meal of it and I wish he didn't but that doesn't stop it being a silly, reckless tackle and a yellow. 

A reminder that Vardy got a straight red this year for getting to the ball first and winning it. You just can't make silly lunges any more and expect to go unpunished. 

We played so well yesterday that I was so annoyed that they chose that for their analysis that I turned it off to be honest, can I assume that they didn't do a segment criticising Torreira for his umpteen dives? 

I don't generally get on the "everyone hates us boo hoo" bandwagon because by and large they don't. But Jenas and Murphy definitely ****ing do to the degree it's just getting silly now. 

We won the league, get over it. 

Absolutely spot on. Can't really see what Maddison could have done to get out of the way. Murphy is an idiot and in this case plain wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Surprise surprise, we get shit housed on MOTD by our own personal pundit troll Danny Fkin Murphy. Pretty much guaranteed now that maddison will be a marked man by the ref against Man City. Fact is it was a foul, there WAS contact with no attempt to play the ball and Murphy didn’t mention Xhaka rolling around to get Ndidi booked for a good tackle that resulted in him getting subbed and the constant diving of Torreira and Aubameyang during that game. He’s so anti Leicester it’s embarrassing.  

Him and Chris Sutton are the worst.

You get what you get with Murphy these days so even before anything has been aired and you know he's on the show, you know there's gonna be some criticism of us in some sense. 

It's frustrating though when we've absolutely dominated a traditional top 6 side with a fairly strong squad and some good goals that they chose to focus on the Maddison stuff first. The inconsistency of it all is equally frustrating - Where's Murphy when Salah has blatantly dived in a more embarrassing way when there's literally no contact? Never heard an iota of criticism for Liverpool's wonder boy there from him. It's fine to be a pundit and have your opinions, that's what football is about as a fan first and foremost. But don't be a bellend about it. Might as well just come out and say he hates us, he'll probably feel better for it anyway. 

As for the actual incident, Maitland-Niles cynically stops Chilwell from counter attacking; literally steps across him to stop him and that's a booking in any game. The tackle on Maddison is soft booking but there's no denying it's a late tackle with very minimal contact. I'm still undecided on whether it's a 2nd yellow and maybe Maddison has exaggerated the contact but I wouldn't call it a dive as such. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Murphy and Shearer also picked a non Big 6 team of the season yesterday,  which featured only 1 Leicester player:

Foster

Wan Bissaka

Boly  

Schar 

Digne

Rice

Doucouré 

Moutinho 

Fraser

Jiminez 

Vardy

Cant complain with many of them shouts but Ricardo should have been in over Wan Bissaka. 

• Like 1

hmmm im sorry but i don't really see where Murphy was bias and anti LCFC in MOTD yesterday. He was right.. Maddison clearly made a meal of the moment and rolled around like a tit, I didnt see any contact. You cant really defend him in this, it needs to stop.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

How you can not only defend Maitland Niles but actually go on the attack at Maddison for that is beyond me, tbh. 

They're both blatant yellow cards. 

The first, he's clearly lost Chilwell and Chilwell's getting away he just shoves him off balance. It's cynical and a professional foul, it's a yellow. 

The second, he's late, he's off his feet, he's lunging, he does actually catch Maddison. Maddison makes a meal of it and I wish he didn't but that doesn't stop it being a silly, reckless tackle and a yellow. 

A reminder that Vardy got a straight red this year for getting to the ball first and winning it. You just can't make silly lunges any more and expect to go unpunished. 

We played so well yesterday that I was so annoyed that they chose that for their analysis that I turned it off to be honest, can I assume that they didn't do a segment criticising Torreira for his umpteen dives? 

I don't generally get on the "everyone hates us boo hoo" bandwagon because by and large they don't. But Jenas and Murphy definitely ****ing do to the degree it's just getting silly now. 

We won the league, get over it. 

I agree both fouls were a yellow. Both times he'd been done (2nd one on Madders he slipped). Could be argued it was a soft red card but we've had plenty of them go against us. And Arsenal have always been terrible for cheating and diving and Torreira was a disgrace yesterday. So frustrating that we totally dominate at top 6 side for nearly a whole game and they choose to over analyse the red card rather than just give us the praise we are due. The top 6 bias is disgusting, even when they get smashed off the park. 

• Like 1

Jesus, I was expecting Murphy and Shearer to actually abuse us the way some of you lot have cried about this. They were complimentary of us and Murphy even said we look like a team competing for a Champions League spot and the season is ending at the wrong time! 

Yes, they could have waxed lyrical about us but I'm glad they didn't as it would be going over the top. We will earn their adulation once again when we push the top 4 all the way next season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bit of a controversial view, but I'm quite pleased Madders was singled out on MOTD like that.

Natiional exposure of his 'gamesmanship'  - not for the first time - will hopefully embarrass him enough to reconsider his approach.

I'm not having a go at him - as a player he's can be excellent. But I think he could be even better if he cut out this side of his game.

Having said that, Murphy was a bit OTT about the incident. But in general I thought it was pretty favourable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Jesus, I was expecting Murphy and Shearer to actually abuse us the way some of you lot have cried about this. They were complimentary of us and Murphy even said we look like a team competing for a Champions League spot and the season is ending at the wrong time! 

Yes, they could have waxed lyrical about us but I'm glad they didn't as it would be going over the top. We will earn their adulation once again when we push the top 4 all the way next season.

I think they focused on that too much before they got on to the actual tactics and dynamic of the game and our actual performance. But it's the main talking point for them yesterday so they had to go with it. 

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think they focused on that too much before they got on to the actual tactics and dynamic of the game and our actual performance. But it's the main talking point for them yesterday so they had to go with it. 

Yeah, it was Chapman who led with it (obviously spearheaded by the producers) but with Emery and the Sky pundits making a big thing about it meant it was going to be focused on. I would much prefer the limelight to be off us anyway, I want us to be disrespected and ignored because next season we will be in the top 6 I'm convinced of it.

9 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Spot on

embarrassing such a bitter analysis again

double standards beyond belief re the Torreira examples not shown 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

hmmm im sorry but i don't really see where Murphy was bias and anti LCFC in MOTD yesterday. He was right.. Maddison clearly made a meal of the moment and rolled around like a tit, I didnt see any contact. You cant really defend him in this, it needs to stop.

I think the anger stems from that targeting Maddison in this way is unfair. Plenty of examples but to focus so precisely on one player was over the top. Torreira was the most non-Uruguayan I have seen for hitting the deck.  I haven't seen any press about Chilwell getting clobbered by a late aerial challenge. 

Interestingly Oliver referees the game in a way which is to allow the game to flow. As a result the odd bad tackle gets missed and he won't blow unless absolutely necessary. Our crowd would grumble about an aerial challenge but if the ball broke to Leicester he wouldn't whistle. With the niggly bits of yesterday's game, another ref would have repeatedly been on his whistle. 

• Like 1

If you watch the third goal yesterday, Maddison is fouled outside the penalty area just as Ricardo gets the ball and again goes down like a sack of S...puds.

He he needs to stop rolling around the ground the way he does.  Yes, it was two yellow cards and yes Maddison was fouled.  But there will be times he gets fouled, we play advantage, and because he’s rolling around the floor like both legs have been broken beyond repair we’re a man light in the attacking phase which could cost us a goal-scoring opportunity.  I also worry a referee will think he’s trying to con them if they know he goes to ground so easily

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the anger stems from that targeting Maddison in this way is unfair.

His action changed the dynamics of the game, from being 11 to 10 men. Overall its important that this gets highlighted more so in the future. Lcfc player or not, i'm behind pundits that bring this forward because its shameful and ruins the game for everyone.