Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

On 05/05/2019 at 09:19, funkyrobot said:

Strangely enough Murphy made absolutely no comment about Fabinho diving and winning the free kick that won 3 points for Liverpool yesterday. 

Absolutely gobsmacked. Really can't contain my surprise.

Be surprised if Etheridge doesn’t get snapped up. Excellent shot stopper, not really sure what he’s like with his feet given he plays for Cardiff, but he’s stood out for me this season.

• Like 1

So Howe and Bournemouth have somehow conspired to finish below Newcastle.

I don’t care what miracles he’s performed to get them/keep them there... the blokes spent a fortune on crap and can’t organise a defence, to be honest I’m completely with their fans on the criticism... I’m sure the media will stick with Eddie though! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Be surprised if Etheridge doesn’t get snapped up. Excellent shot stopper, not really sure what he’s like with his feet given he plays for Cardiff, but he’s stood out for me this season.

Wouldn’t mind him here. Every time I’ve seen him play he’s had a blinder considering Cardiff have gone down. Looks a great Keeper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Wouldn’t mind him here. Every time I’ve seen him play he’s had a blinder considering Cardiff have gone down. Looks a great Keeper.

So did Ben Hamer

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So Howe and Bournemouth have somehow conspired to finish below Newcastle.

I don’t care what miracles he’s performed to get them/keep them there... the blokes spent a fortune on crap and can’t organise a defence, to be honest I’m completely with their fans on the criticism... I’m sure the media will stick with Eddie though! 

What do you expect from a club the size of Bournemouth ffs? Their level of investment is on par with pretty much every other club down there, and they’re rarely ever in trouble of going down

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

What do you expect from a club the size of Bournemouth ffs? Their level of investment is on par with pretty much every other club down there, and they’re rarely ever in trouble of going down

Literally word for word what the media will be saying. 

If its a foreign manager or an older manager playing their style they’d have got through 3 or 4 by now! 

I just think it would be best for both sides if he took on a new challenge, otherwise he just stays down there getting a few wins and hoping to outscore the opposition every game? 

He’s had 5 years to learn it in this league now right? When you look at what he’s spent on crocks and an endless supply of wingers, why has the defence never been addressed? Simple... because he doesn’t care about the defence, he never mentions it post match either, take today for example “their counter attacking players were too much for us” not “we should have managed their counter attacking style by setting up differently” ?

It’s less him for me and more the double standards, a foreign or old school manager wouldn’t last half a season there with the same results. 

10 minutes ago, Goober said:

Bournemouth have spent more than us over the last 5 years and more than all those around them https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Literally word for word what the media will be saying. 

If its a foreign manager or an older manager playing their style they’d have got through 3 or 4 by now! 

I just think it would be best for both sides if he took on a new challenge, otherwise he just stays down there getting a few wins and hoping to outscore the opposition every game? 

He’s had 5 years to learn it in this league now right? When you look at what he’s spent on crocks and an endless supply of wingers, why has the defence never been addressed? Simple... because he doesn’t care about the defence, he never mentions it post match either, take today for example “their counter attacking players were too much for us” not “we should have managed their counter attacking style by setting up differently” ?

It’s less him for me and more the double standards, a foreign or old school manager wouldn’t last half a season there with the same results. 

I don’t think they’d have sacked a foreign bloke for keeping them up year after year. Howe will have to move on eventually, he might fail at his next club, but I don’t think you can say he’s done anything other than a brilliant job there

Just now, AjcW said:

Exactly.... so they’ve pumped money in.... 

lol And? They’re not going out and spending top 4/6 levels of money are they. They’re spending around the same on players as the clubs around them.

They’re a small club, they’re not run on a shoestring but they’re punching well above their weight.