Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think sometimes we are a bit paranoid about perceived "disrespect". 

The narrative of FA cup 3rd round day is all about the non league and leauge 1 and 2 sides. Happy to let Cambridge United, Boreham Wood, Kidderminster harries etc have a rare moment in the sun when it comes to national media coverage. 

It was really that they spoke more in depth about Crystal Palace and Olise. We barely got a mention. Players away with ACON, massive injury list, and how many young players had to play.

• Like 1

I get the accusation of paranoia and I absolutely agree that the lower league teams should have their moment in the sun. Especially if they've won against higher opposition (ala Cambridge United). 

I couldn't help thinking, however, that if Man United/Arsenal etc. had been the cup holders then they wouldn't have been pushed so far down the running order as we were. Especially given the circumstances of a decimated squad. 

I've got to go now as someone is coming to get me .... 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Just reading their forum now

Theres already talk of ‘sticking with Howe’ and ‘How long do we give him?’

Absolutely brilliant to read 

I wonder what the relegation clauses are going to be on these January contracts? I can imagine if they go down, it'll be money on a dumpster fire.

I also wonder what will happen "if" it becomes irrefutable that Saudi government ministers are actively involved in the running of the club, in violation of PL rules.

5 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

It was really that they spoke more in depth about Crystal Palace and Olise. We barely got a mention. Players away with ACON, massive injury list, and how many young players had to play.

The commentary actually said that we’d put out a strong team for the match, and that Watford had made seven changes!

Edited by NZ_Foxile
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I wonder what the relegation clauses are going to be on these January contracts? I can imagine if they go down, it'll be money on a dumpster fire.

I also wonder what will happen "if" it becomes irrefutable that Saudi government ministers are actively involved in the running of the club, in violation of PL rules.

After their treatment of Bruce I wish nothing but the worst for the club

Even now they’re blaming Bruce rather than Howe 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Never mind Bruce, at least he kept his head - literally.. After the treatment of Jamal Khashoggi I'd like to see them relegated for the next 5 seasons!

37 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

To the average neutral, a south London derby which hasn’t been played in a while was far more interesting than two PL sides playing largely shadow squads. 

They had ninety minutes last night to cover over 20 matches 

30 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Can’t believe how little they showed of the Barnsley game, that should’ve been near the start and had longer highlights. 

Part of the problem is they simply don’t have the available commentators to do each game properly. Neither in house editors either who have to quickly edit the match / watch it to cut the game into six or seven minutes. 

The Hartlepool v Blackpool game for example had to carry local radio commentators. It being played early as well have chance for them to edit it with replays etc. Then match the commentatory to the pictures. 

19 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Shearer just blamed the players last night.

If the old regime had been there he would have pointed fingers at them.

• Like 1