Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

MOTD

Leicester 3-0 Arsenal

INCIDENT: Unai Emery was left frustrated with Michael Oliver's decision to dismiss Ainsley Maitland-Niles during Arsenal's 3-0 defeat to Leicester.

Maitland-Niles, who made two fouls during his time on the pitch, received his second booking in the 36th minute for a late challenge on James Maddison, having been cautioned earlier for a foul on Ben Chilwell.

0:47

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was sent off for two yellow cards during the first half of Arsenal's 3-0 defeat to Leicester but was it a harsh decision by Michael Oliver?
Replays showed there had been no contact with the Leicester midfielder.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Maitland-Niles unfortunate to be sent off.

DERMOT SAYS: The first yellow he can have no complaints as if Ben Chilwell gets past him, he has yards of space to run into. I have to hold my hand up and say I thought it was a second yellow (for the Maddison incident).

From the referee's viewpoint, it looks like he lunges in and takes him down, but when you see it from the other side, he hasn't actually caught him, so he's unlucky.

But I can understand what the referee's seen and why he's given it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11706837/ref-watch-leeds-goal-worst-case-scenario-says-dermot-gallagher

Maddison exaggerated contact second yellow but at the same time he got dragged down by Maitland-Niles arm. It was clumsy and he was walking a tightrope after the first yellow. AMN has no one to blame but himself.

We could point to a penalty not given along with a red card at the Emirates in October but we scored not long after and were just overwhelmed by Arsenal in the second half.

Arsenal would be better off getting over it and focusing on their own shortcomings.

Edited by Blue ROI

7 hours ago, Simoken said:

His action changed the dynamics of the game, from being 11 to 10 men. Overall its important that this gets highlighted more so in the future. Lcfc player or not, i'm behind pundits that bring this forward because its shameful and ruins the game for everyone.

Sorry the reckless attempt at a tackle by their player already in a yellow card changed the dynamics of the game. Their player was late, made contact and was rightly given a second yellow. If he had stayed on his feet instead of diving in he wouldn't have been booked. Players already on yellow cards need to take more care how they tackle. Blame is 100% with their player.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2019 at 08:26, Ric Flair said:

Jesus, I was expecting Murphy and Shearer to actually abuse us the way some of you lot have cried about this. They were complimentary of us and Murphy even said we look like a team competing for a Champions League spot and the season is ending at the wrong time! 

Yes, they could have waxed lyrical about us but I'm glad they didn't as it would be going over the top. We will earn their adulation once again when we push the top 4 all the way next season.

Murphy was on Talksport yesterday and said Leicester were the most likely side to break into Top 6 next season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Simoken said:

so... you are promoting that diving was the right action to take?

I don't believe he dived. Given the nature of the challenge and the speed of it I don't see how he could have stayed on his feet. But I don't condone diving and Maddison does fall over a bit too easily but on this occasion I don't agree with you. But it's all about opinons and you're entitled to yours.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa! Our fans get so touchy if we aren't lavished with praise constantly by every pundit or football fan on social media. Jermaine Jenas, another supposed hater of Leicester according to our fans also thinks we are a great young side, he said so after the stuff he did on The Premier League Show 2 weeks ago.

Can't like this enough. So true (of most other fanbases too, tbf)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nigelbee said:

‘That team is dangerous man’. Ian Wright quoting Man City’s opponents tomorrow evening on MOTD2 just now! 

Haha, he said it about 3 times as well. 'Something's going to happen'

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ian Wright does love us to be fair. Ever since fellow non-league player Vardy cracked the big time, smashed some records and won the league, he's been seriously complimentary about us. 

He's a good man. Usually says it how it is as well in general about football, not just Leicester. 

Maybe he still holds hope Vards will be a gooner one day lol

Jokes aside, he's one of the better ones on TV.

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ian Wright does love us to be fair. Ever since fellow non-league player Vardy cracked the big time, smashed some records and won the league, he's been seriously complimentary about us. 

He's a good man. Usually says it how it is as well in general about football, not just Leicester. 

One of those that doesn't take himself too seriously and adds some good context about it all. 

No one can be bothered with the ones that have dislike for teams

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Listened to the Geordie podcast with Ian Wright the other day.  He's a top fella.

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Same could be said for Shearer 

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Same could be said for Shearer 

Yeah. Real good man Shearer. 

Don't forget this is the bloke who booted someone in the face for tackling him. Also plastered a conference players nose for having the temerity to challenge for headers. 

He's many things but he's not a good man. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah. Real good man Shearer. 

Don't forget this is the bloke who booted someone in the face for tackling him. Also plastered a conference players nose for having the temerity to challenge for headers. 

He's many things but he's not a good man. 

I mean't he was a decent pundit are you Niel Lennon?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I mean't he was a decent pundit are you Niel Lennon?

I don't think he's that great at punditry. 

No. Not Neil Lennon, just very clearly remember him kicking off about being punished - later finding out that he refused to captain his country if punished - and don't want it whitewashed. 

No man at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Feel Murphy and Jenas are the worst pundits on MOTD, they state the obvious and the bias for their own clubs is awful. MOTD could do with an injection of new pundits from all backgrounds, Women's game, Non-league, sports Journalists or fans.

I don’t think that would improve on how it is currently, but some different pundits who are professional enough to be impartial and have sound knowledge across the league would definitely be a good move.