Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

8 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Absolutely the right decision.  For me we should be doing everything we can to get Howe in although I suspect he will hold out for something bigger in the summer.

Side note, been amazed at how little coverage this has gotten in the mainstream media.  Says a lot about his impact with the football press.

Eh? No. What it says is he got sacked a couple of hours before a player publicly undermined his manager in the middle of a cup final - and even more so when that manager is the Chelsea manager and also under real pressure. Unsurprisingly, the media have focused on the bigger story.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Valid points about recruitment and perhaps I was aiming this at the failure on the striker front.  You are correct, it has improved after 3 costly mistakes and I suspect the lack of cash going forward will make us more frugal anyway.  But we need to be scouring the less scouted leagues again as we did 4 years ago with tremendous success.   

Agreed, no more of these older 29yr old players from poor leagues, had they have been any good they'd have been previously signed up plus, big wages and no resale value. It remains to be seen whether Tielemans works out, but he looks promising and hopefully he's not just here for the shop window, sacking the manager for this reason could go either way. 

I also agree re the striker. We criticise Iheanacho but not many weren't excited about his potential when we got him, me included. Probably the most difficult position to recruit for and why they can be the most expensive. But ... there's got to be more than one Jamie Vardy and needs to be sought out quickly as Vardy may only have one good season left in him and a new one will have to be given time to adapt like Jamie.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brucey said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-6740509/amp/Leicester-make-Brendan-Rodgers-target-replace-sacked-manager-Claude-Puel.html?__twitter_impression=true

Puel has been lauded for bringing through young players, but his decisions to drop some without explanation is alleged to have drained confidence. Kelechi Iheanacho was said to have been visibly upset at a rare outburst from Puel after a recent match.

Appointing an interim manager is possible, with former assistant Michael Appleton one option.

Former Celtic defender David Moyes is a contender for the Parkhead job if Rodgers leaves. 

What a shock!

Puel's outburst at Nacho for doing his usual standing on the half way line, pointing the finger for others to chase and hassle opponents, whilst on the pitch for his usual 15 minute cameo!

Poor little thing, so upset as he pocketed yet another 40K in his pocket for his 15 minute weekly walk on the pitch.

Sorry, if this upsets any Nacho fans, but if anyone deserves a rocket up his ass it's Nacho. Stealing a living as a footballer.

Thrilled to read this morning that David Moyes has put his hat in the ring. Ye gods, what is happening to our club?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

What a shock!

Puel's outburst at Nacho for doing his usual standing on the half way line, pointing the finger for others to chase and hassle opponents, whilst on the pitch for his usual 15 minute cameo!

Poor little thing, so upset as he pocketed yet another 40K in his pocket for his 15 minute weekly walk on the pitch.

Sorry, if this upsets any Nacho fans, but if anyone deserves a rocket up his ass it's Nacho. Stealing a living as a footballer.

Thrilled to read this morning that David Moyes has put his hat in the ring. Ye gods, what is happening to our club?

Spot on regarding Iheanacho, he badly needed a rocket. A manager shouldn't have to reveal his reasons for leaving a player out which may of course be of a personal nature.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

What a shock!

As @Paddy. knows first hand from his dressing room photography, the life of a professional footballer weighs heavily on Nacho's soul.

Is it possible to love him and this picture enough?

881927686_Nacho4.JPG.fd4a2739b86480ebaaa

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

What a shock!

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Spot on regarding Iheanacho, he badly needed a rocket. A manager shouldn't have to reveal his reasons for leaving a player out which may of course be of a personal nature.

couple of things

kelechi earns a lot more than 40k per week 

neither of you know what the ‘outburst’ was about and how it was delivered 

we don’t play to vardys strengths and we don’t play to kelechis either ....  I would have thought we would have spent a long time in training finding ways to get chilly and Ricardo around the back of full backs to pull the ball back into areas where kelechi appeared to do well at Man City 

anyway, strikers need a run of games to ‘get their eye in’ .... he hasn’t had that so it’s no surprise to see him off the pace 

I did read somewhere that he had personal issues of some kind but can’t recall what they were 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

couple of things

we don’t play to vardys strengths and we don’t play to kelechis either ....  I would have thought we would have spent a long time in training finding ways to get chilly and Ricardo around the back of full backs to pull the ball back into areas where kelechi appeared to do well at Man City 

anyway, strikers need a run of games to ‘get their eye in’ .... he hasn’t had that so it’s no surprise to see him off the pace 

I did read somewhere that he had personal issues of some kind but can’t recall what they were 

Iheanacho doesn't appear to have any strengths. As for Chilwell or Ricardo getting round the back of fullbacks etc, they have done and even Vardy has put balls in across the box and Iheanacho is nowhere to be seen! Vardy himself has been seen frustrated by him and shouting at him across the pitch. Time after time Iheanacho can be seen being overtaken by a midfielder busting a gut to get to a ball whilst he still ambles about. He's not a loan striker, not a back to goal player and now seemingly hasn't the nous, intelligence or required effort to be a goal poacher. As for playing to Vardys strengths, the ball over the top days have long gone and is anyway ineffective against teams that sit back. Neither would you build a team round a 32yrs old player. Sad, but if he can't adapt he needs replacing. He's been very poor for a while now and we can't kept making excuses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

couple of things

Thanks for the information.

If Nacho earns more than 40k a week he should be donating it back to the fans.

If he has personal issues he should be nowhere near the first team, he should be in counseling.

The full games where Nacho has been playing, he hasn't impressed either. I think he's been given every chance.

Ghezzal has been slaughted on here, but the guy is working hard in every match. Tackling, hassling opposition players and trying to give his all for the team. Nacho is the opposite. He does nothing to show he wants to succeed.

Nacho did very well at Manchester City. I was thrilled we got him, but it now looks like his success at Man City was down to the chances being laid on a plate for him rather than working hard to create chances or even working hard.

Puel may not have played to Vardy's strengths, but at least Vardy TRIES. 

I support fully and can forgive our players for short comings, but I'm sorry, I really can't forgive any Leicester City player for not trying, and, much like Beckford, Nacho doesn't give me any impression he wants to succeed.

• Like 4

I have avoided Foxestalk for the last 24 hours. This place can be quite toxic moments after a sacking. The dust has settled now so I presume its safe to come on here lol 

I'm not happy or sad to see Puel go. It's a real shame it hasn't quite worked for him as the way our squad looks at the moment with the fresh young players getting plenty of opportunities bodes well for the future. I was happy to see how this project developed over the next few seasons. I was only thinking of removing Puel if we were genuine relegation contenders (which I still do not believe we are, there is enough in the squad to win matches)

Puel has done ok for us, we needed to look into another way of playing and he has put the foundations down for that. This squad could do good things I believe that.

My main worry is that our young squad will disappear with a new manager, Hope not.

So who next?  I'm not totally against Rafa as the Newcastle side in the Championship played some good football. I'm not sure our players would suit Rafa's style and to disband this squad now would be a shame.

Brendan Rodgers, I can see that work. That Liverpool team should have won the title and they played some amazing football.

I heard a lad suggest Moyes yesterday, ughhhhh.

Hughes ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Allardyce ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My god it looks grim. I would much rather look at someone like Chris Wilder than the usual regurgitated names. Sheff Utd look a good outfit at the moment.

Lets see what happens 

8 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I said at the time Silva was mis-managed, yet many on here put it down to the fact that he wasn't good enough.  He's no worse than what we have and alienating him from the first team was poor management.

But he hasn't looked good enough, mismanaged or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I have avoided Foxestalk for the last 24 hours. This place can be quite toxic moments after a sacking. The dust has settled now so I presume its safe to come on here lol 

I'm not happy or sad to see Puel go. It's a real shame it hasn't quite worked for him as the way our squad looks at the moment with the fresh young players getting plenty of opportunities bodes well for the future. I was happy to see how this project developed over the next few seasons. I was only thinking of removing Puel if we were genuine relegation contenders (which I still do not believe we are, there is enough in the squad to win matches)

Puel has done ok for us, we needed to look into another way of playing and he has put the foundations down for that. This squad could do good things I believe that.

My main worry is that our young squad will disappear with a new manager, Hope not.

So who next?  I'm not totally against Rafa as the Newcastle side in the Championship played some good football. I'm not sure our players would suit Rafa's style and to disband this squad now would be a shame.

Brendan Rodgers, I can see that work. That Liverpool team should have won the title and they played some amazing football.

I heard a lad suggest Moyes yesterday, ughhhhh.

Hughes ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Allardyce ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My god it looks grim. I would much rather look at someone like Chris Wilder than the usual regurgitated names. Sheff Utd look a good outfit at the moment.

Lets see what happens 

It is not safe to come on here yet....I'd give it another few weeks yet!

And you forgot Alan Pardew in your analysis. He has 8 votes on our poll this morning! 

Moyes has thrown his hat in the ring.......frightening!

• Sad 1

Just now, ThaiFox said:

It is not safe to come on here yet....I'd give it another few weeks yet!

And you forgot Alan Pardew in your analysis. He has 8 votes on our poll this morning! 

Moyes has thrown his hat in the ring.......frightening!

Who the f*** votes for Pardew. Unbelievable.

If Moyes gets the job then god help us all. lol 

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Who the f*** votes for Pardew. Unbelievable.

If Moyes gets the job then god help us all. lol 

As I understand it, Pardew's votes are from himself, his wife, uncle, mum, dad, auntie, brother , and sister.

Moyes is a good shout..........He was top notch for Sunderland. Newcastle fans loved him.:D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Do you have any understanding at all of how modern football works? 2-3 seasons is a lifetime for players to hang around in mid table (at best) while a team is assembled around them..we will get massive offers from massive clubs for Chilwell, Maguire, maybe Maddison, possibly Pereira, Choudhury and Schmeichel too in the summer.. Is your plea for them to stay really, that in 2022 we will have a great side? Season on season there has to be forwards momentum which is why going all out to win a Cup - we’ve proven we can beat anyone on our day - was a sensible strategy. Otherwise we turn out like Southampton- Mane, Lallana, Van Dijk, Bale, Walcott, Wanyama, Shaw, Clyne, the basis of a great side but sadly for Saints not one of them us still at the club ..

This!!!

really annoys me when people say “Puel should have more time” or “in two to three seasons time”

we will loose the very players needed to drive this club forward, in the summer if we are not careful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

This!!!

really annoys me when people say “Puel should have more time” or “in two to three seasons time”

we will loose the very players needed to drive this club forward, in the summer if we are not careful. 

Wow.

So whats the answer?

Is it to get a manager who can "just get it right" first time, regardless of player age, ability, mentality?

3 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

This!!!

You know we don't have to sell anyone don't you?

12 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

This!!!

Whoever had come in would have needed more time than usual. We were in a shit state with an ill fitting expensive mish mosh of players. Klopp has been at Liverpool since 2015. It took Pep at least one season to evaluate before buying. There were no managers out there that could deliver instant success with our particular bunch of players.

Oh and as for players leaving, they're  all on long contracts and will only go if our club decides it's beneficial to us, we don't have to sell anyone if we don't want to. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

26 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Thanks for the information.

If Nacho earns more than 40k a week he should be donating it back to the fans.

If he has personal issues he should be nowhere near the first team, he should be in counseling.

The full games where Nacho has been playing, he hasn't impressed either. I think he's been given every chance.

Ghezzal has been slaughted on here, but the guy is working hard in every match. Tackling, hassling opposition players and trying to give his all for the team. Nacho is the opposite. He does nothing to show he wants to succeed.

Nacho did very well at Manchester City. I was thrilled we got him, but it now looks like his success at Man City was down to the chances being laid on a plate for him rather than working hard to create chances or even working hard.

Puel may not have played to Vardy's strengths, but at least Vardy TRIES. 

I support fully and can forgive our players for short comings, but I'm sorry, I really can't forgive any Leicester City player for not trying, and, much like Beckford, Nacho doesn't give me any impression he wants to succeed.

Did Nacho not work hard when he came on at the weekend?

Can you please show me evidence of Vardy working hard on Saturday because from what I saw he did precisely nothing all game

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Did Nacho not work hard when he came on at the weekend?

Can you please show me evidence of Vardy working hard on Saturday because from what I saw he did precisely nothing all game

Nacho did a few things, but working hard wasn't one of them. His control is poor for a P/L footballer, he doesn't seem to be aware of any of his team mates, and I noticed at one point he did find a good position but his team mate didn't pass to him, which didn't surprise me as I doubt he had any confidence in him either.

As for Vardy. OK, he had a poor game on Saturday, but this bloke busts a gut for us week in week out and as I said before, I will never stop defending and supporting players who care, but I have no time whatsoever for players who don't care, even more so when they cost 25 million and earn the obscene amount of 40k+ A WEEK.

Vardy looks like he cares. Nacho looks like he couldn't care less. You just can't compare them.

Nacho will get my full support when I see him busting a gut for us, whatever his short comings as a player, I want to see him looking like he wants it here, not drifting around.

And if you look at the player ratings after each match, you will see I am not alone in my views. The only time he doesn't come last is when Ghezzal plays, which I find hard to swallow, because for all Ghezzal's faults, he does work hard.