Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, it's also not essential a manager is given several seasons to perform. Chelsea have won everything operating a disgracefully impatient managerial policy and we won the league albeit built on the foundations of a very shrewd previous regime. It's all about progression, it has to be there throughout.

I didnt want to get rid of Puel, but cant have it both ways. All season my thoughts were "its a results business" whilst we were competing in the table. Getting beat by 3 goals at home to Palace on top of the other results at home is not getting the results and its clear things arent right and the sacking was inevitable.

But what happens next im not so sure about. I dont see the new manager bounce being as effective as it was under Shakespeare and this could go either way, could pile even more pressure on the players.

I think our problems go a lot further than Puel, but I hope he is more to blame than I think, still potential for things to go south here

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

I dunno who you support but that is absolutely spot on. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Shit decision. If you’ve have a manager who’s willing to persue a policy of bringing through youth players which means you are building a team for 2-3 years down the line, you don’t get rid just because of a bad run and some discontent fans. Short sighted. You expect to have a couple of bad seasons and as long as you stay in the prem, which we will, then there’s not a problem. So what next, reset and start a new policy of getting rid of the youth or continue as we are, but managerless

I will have some of what your on.

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Players let him down big time and top had no choice. Very disappointing. I’m sure they will all turn up for a few weeks under the caretaker though so that will be cool.

Same old crap, how about the players found his tactics and team talks as incomprehensible as we found his post match interviews.Out of his depth and should have gone before the season already started

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Same old crap, how about the players found his tactics and team talks as incomprehensible as we found his post match interviews.Out of his depth and should have gone before the season already started

Huh what you on about they let him down 

• Like 1

I never get the argument that the players let him down. It just about works with a new manager who hasn’t brought in his own players but otherwise the manager chooses the players and it’s his job to organise and motivate them. If he doesn’t it’s his fault, unless you take the line that players can organise and motivate themselves, in which case why have a manager at all?

If a manager doesn’t like the players he can always change them, certainly after a year in the job. Puel chose some good players but didn’t bond them into a team. It’s all very well some people saying he should have ‘two poor seasons’ to

build a team but if it was their millions invested in the club I doubt they’d be so generous with time.

The players need a manager they respect who will inspire them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

You don't like us, what a shame.

We had consistency with these kids, they were consistently losing matches. If the kids are struggling, there's some older heads here to mix in. He picks the team and ultimately it failed.

Another outsider in 'just accept the position you're in' mindset. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I never get the argument that the players let him down. It just about works with a new manager who hasn’t brought in his own players but otherwise the manager chooses the players and it’s his job to organise and motivate them. If he doesn’t it’s his fault, unless you take the line that players can organise and motivate themselves, in which case why have a manager at all?

If a manager doesn’t like the players he can always change them, certainly after a year in the job. Puel chose some good players but didn’t bond them into a team. It’s all very well some people saying he should have ‘two poor seasons’ to

build a team but if it was their millions invested in the club I doubt they’d be so generous with time.

The players need a manager they respect who will inspire them.

Agree with a lot you are saying but it's the milions spent/wasted and the contract extensions handed out before Puel arrived that did him no favours. Still trying to sort the mess out now.

40 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Has every manager genuinely had this problem then?

I wonder what the "senior players" stats for running etc will look like on Tuesday and for the next few weeks compared to the last 8 games. Things like that you dont teach, its about effort. 

I dont doubt for a second that Puel had his faults, but this is happening every single time they aren;t quite happy with everything to their liking. Just because they were part of our biggest success does not mean they can run the ****ing club and dictate who stays and who goes all the time. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 2