Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

... What's going to happen? Our hooligans set fire to Puel's house? It's not like toxicity will lift for certain anyway - the incoming caretaker messes a few up on the trot and we're back to square 1.

As for the staff, if they're unprofessional enough to let their personal opinion of our manager get in the way of their job then they need the bin too.

Point one:  were you there yesterday?

point two: it’s not about being unprofessional- it’s about getting the tiny bit extra out of the players and he wasn’t able to do it.  There wasn’t a good vibe at the training ground - players and backroom staff. It cannot be just about one man. The club is more important. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Point one:  were you there yesterday?

point two: it’s not about being unprofessional- it’s about getting the tiny bit extra out of the players and he wasn’t able to do it.  There wasn’t a good vibe at the training ground - players and backroom staff. It cannot be just about one man. The club is more important. 

No I wasn't. And I'm still of the opinion that this "bad vibe" is something largely being fabricated by the media. It's probable that Schmeichel, Vardy etc had a problem with Puel but we don't know nearly enough about the situation to read what has happened behind the scenes. 

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As usual matey, spot on.

We need someone who can rule over the squad. Not vice versa

I believe Puel tried to do this actually. Dropping Simpson, Vardy, Albrighton etc

He just didn’t have the Gladstone Smalls to do it. I believe the players didn’t like him sufficiently to accept his ‘plan’

But I’m only surmising

Weird that

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I would be interested to know why Ricardo was so keen to sign for Puel, why Maddison chose us over his publicized first choice, Southampton, and why Kasper, Vardy, Maguire Chilwell, N'Didi etc all signed very long contract extensions if they all hated Puel so much?

OK, I know they got a lot more money for signing, but they are all sort after players and could have chosen to leave if they were really unhappy with Puel, his football style or his long term plan.

Maybe Huth is still smarting from being fazed out by Puel? 

Only Huth knows.

Big bucks 

20 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

But there’s a difference between playing young players and developing them. 

I mean Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho are all young players...and they’ve all regressed/stalled under Puel. 

Also...this isn’t a fashionable argument, but I think part of the problem has been that Puel has been willing to play too many young players at the same time. 

Take yesterday - our midfield players were  21, 22, 21, 22, 26...all of them (apart from Ndidi) playing their first season in the PL.

I think promoting youth is great but it’s a tough division and at the same time you do need a bit of experience in there. 

I’m not a fan of Puel and thought it was destined to failure when we signed, but personally I think we brought him in with the remit of playing young academy  players and becoming self sufficient , hence the need for a hundred million quid development centre. We’re never going to be able to compete with the big money clubs on attracting world class ready made players, but we could compete by trying to develop our own. This, I think, is the real vision the club has, but, if that’s the case, to then go and sack the puppet that’s been installed to instigate that plan, I find a bit gauling. Or, I’ll go with the flow and say thank fvck he’s been sacked cos he was shit.

3 hours ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently.

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

It’s not about points, league position, or even performances. We have a reasonable points tally a position not far off where we would expect to be and we are playing some decent stuff at times. The problem is the number of times we have shown on the pitch we are the better team have better players and yet consistently fail to beat teams below us in the table because of the same fundamental flaws in Puel’s approach that make it so easy to nullify our attacking threat. 

Even yesterday we were by far the better team yet some how lost 4-1. It wasn’t working and hasn’t been for a long time the odd unexpected result aside we have been the most frustrating side to watch so much talent misused, we can see what these players this team can be in wins against Man City and Chelsea. That is not a team that should consistently lose at home to relegation threatened teams. 

Of of course we shouldn’t beat every team down there, we will lose some games, but you can’t expect to keep your job losing at home to Cardiff, 10 man Southampton and 4-1 to Crystal Palace.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No I wasn't. And I'm still of the opinion that this "bad vibe" is something largely being fabricated by the media. It's probable that Schmeichel, Vardy etc had a problem with Puel but we don't know nearly enough about the situation to read what has happened behind the scenes. 

Take it from me - it’s not. 

The club didn’t want to make a change till the summer but as tanner has mentioned already today, their hand was forced 

4 hours ago, Cultersheeo said:

Large majority of you guys are delusional.

Stevie Wonder could see that Puel was really building something with Leicester. Bringing through exciting young players whilst slowly replacing the aging ones. It takes time to build a team, and it can be hard to have consistency with kids,  but given everything that has happened this season it is farcical to expect you to be in a better position than you are currently. 

Also, Rafa? You can't be serious. There is not a chance he will go to Leicester. 

I really want to like Leicester, but the insanely entitled views of you guys makes it difficult.

Poor WUM.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Take it from me - it’s not. 

The club didn’t want to make a change till the summer but as tanner has mentioned already today, their hand was forced 

I have no insider information, but I always thought he was going to go in the summer. You can tell the board are seriously worried about us dropping into the bottom 3, something needed to be done and thankfully they've done it.

9 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Typically good article in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/24/claude-puel-leicester-city-out-of-sync

Interesting comments about Rodgers and apparent unwillingness to adjust playing style

Very good read that, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

44 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Can everyone kindly stop talking about relegation. We are as close to 7th as we are to relegation. As for the next result, under Puel it's been like this, long periods of weird form. I'm sure he would have picked up at least the 6 points necessary to be safe, and to be honest he probably would have got more. 

Very easy to say that but we are on a poor run and Top evidently felt like he disnt want to risk us losing another few in quick succession and there being a real shattering of confidence. Everyone assumed Ranieri would have got the results needed eventually too, it's all opinion. What's not opinion though is the form, its dreadful and defensively we were regressing again to match our consistently poor attack is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Can everyone kindly stop talking about relegation. We are as close to 7th as we are to relegation. As for the next result, under Puel it's been like this, long periods of weird form. I'm sure he would have picked up at least the 6 points necessary to be safe, and to be honest he probably would have got more. 

But getting to 7th means winning games...

getting near to relegation means not winning when others do. 

Right now, that’s where we are at.

32 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Typically good article in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/24/claude-puel-leicester-city-out-of-sync

Interesting comments about Rodgers and apparent unwillingness to adjust playing style

Good read and a pleasant surprise that there was no transgender angle on the story

• Like 1

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Wow. It's football in general though not just us.

Yeah, it's also not essential a manager is given several seasons to perform. Chelsea have won everything operating a disgracefully impatient managerial policy and we won the league albeit built on the foundations of a very shrewd previous regime. It's all about progression, it has to be there throughout.

• Like 2