Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

55 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Has every manager genuinely had this problem then?

I wonder what the "senior players" stats for running etc will look like on Tuesday and for the next few weeks compared to the last 8 games. Things like that you dont teach, its about effort. 

I dont doubt for a second that Puel had his faults, but this is happening every single time they aren;t quite happy with everything to their liking. Just because they were part of our biggest success does not mean they can run the ****ing club and dictate who stays and who goes all the time. 

As said, same old crap.Exactly how many of these so called senior players have actually been starting recently and letting the manager down, I count 2 but yes they are to blame and the rest have nothing to do with out atrocious results.

And yes I am sure Vardy stats will be better on Tuesday as we play to his strengths,give him something to run onto in the channels and not expect him to play with his back to goal linking up play for 27 more passes around the last third before someone had a wayward 20 yard shot.

Its all Vardys fault really is tiresome, the manager did not fancy him, he did not fancy the manager, hardly a shock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Typically good article in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/24/claude-puel-leicester-city-out-of-sync

Interesting comments about Rodgers and apparent unwillingness to adjust playing style

That is a very good article! A fair and balanced perspective.

It does make good points about Rogers, who has also had some major gaffes (as well as achievements) in his career. It will be interesting if (when?) he joins us as when he was Liverpool manager I often quite despised him and thought he had an overly high opinion of himself. However, he did a great job with Swansea and that Liverpool side that fell short of the title played some of the best attacking football seen in the league. True he had an on fire Luis Suarez, but he also got the best out of Sturridge and Sterling too. If he started well he could be a hit, but he is the type I could see our fans turning on if we didn't. But he definitely deserves another crack at the Premier League and his ability to nurture youth, play good football and decent ability to handle the media would all be along the lines of what we are looking for.

The Leicester job is a really difficult one though. The upside is very small because of the 15/16 season, the team is about a quarter / halfway through transitioning into a new team, and you have an overly expectant crowd who have unrealistic ambitions. I'm sure we are all a it fed of up firing managers, it would be nice to have a steady one who sees the entirety of their contract out for a change, or only leaves because an elite club come in for them.

I do wonder if it's worth taking a punt on an up and coming manager like Lampard or Farke of Norwich, but I suppose it's quite a high risk to do so.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

You know I like your posts Babs, but you're dead wrong here.

Well I don't remember anyone suggesting he or Percy didn't have good sources.

People took issue with certain things, like I did with how he framed the Vardy resting as being a "dropping", and it's things like that that will stir up the agenda talk, because it wasn't needed.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

People took issue with certain things, like I did with how he framed the Vardy resting as being a "dropping", and it's things like that that will stir up the agenda talk, because it wasn't needed.

I certainly do remember people suggesting that. I know you live here, but you cannot be expected to remember every single post :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Plenty on here today are still convinced that nothing was particularly wrong behind the scenes ......

It didn’t look like it was going to get any better did it. It’s all well and good saying he needed time and people saying we are not going to get relegated but there is a chance we could and it’s not worth the risk in the end. We are very lucky we picked up points over the Xmas period or right now we would be in big trouble. Don’t know if who we get will be any better but it just looked like it was never going to get better for him here

• Like 1

After he had finally got his team in shape with the right personnel, individual mistakes have cost him dear. Ricardo, Vardy, Maquire all made errors which lost us points. Puel made many mistakes but I think he was close to forging a very good team. He was a very dour person which alienated him from the fans. He should have been given until the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phube said:

All that matters is that he’s happy and smiles and does everything Wes, Kasper and Vardy ‘suggest’. Possibly....

Think it actually comes down to that. Too much player power at the club. Down the tools when they want and turn it back on the criticism starts. Did it to our last three managers now.

32 minutes ago, brucey said:

Wow that's a brilliant post! Spot on in my book.

The next permanent appointment really is crucial and worryingly it does feel like it could go all Peter Taylor following Martin O'Neil wrong if the wrong appointment is made.

33 minutes ago, brucey said:

Nice summary indeed, thanks.  It appears we can wrap up our 16 months’ analysis of (in a few sad cases, obsession with) this man’s real and perceived failings, in a few tidy points.

1- Too stubborn to incorporate contrary input and to change.

2- Didn’t communicate well enough, but more importantly, did not understand the importance of continuing, meaningful communication.

3- Focused so intently on his plan for the future, he “took his eye off the present”.

Going to stand by my guns, I’m glad he took the job.  I cannot imagine anyone else available then who would have effected a faster, better transition in a squad that required a 70% overhaul.  There was always going to be some blood to hose off the walls.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

Totally sums up my thoughts too. Thank you James, and Brucey for posting. 

I agree totally with his conclusion too. The next appointment Is vital.

Contrary to some ridiculous posts on here, it isn’t true that anyone could do better than Puel. 

• Like 1