Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

Just now, Cujek said:

I work with a close relative of someone very high up at Leicester city, i know nothing because they are professional and never let anything out, damn it.

been that way for about six years now …….

if you do get a snippet then its not easy to make it overtly public it as would be obvious to who told you that you had betrayed a confidence 

Just now, st albans fox said:

been that way for about six years now …….

if you do get a snippet then its not easy to make it overtly public it as would be obvious to who told you that you had betrayed a confidence 

Exactly.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Er yes, very good, but I was quoting someone suggesting Puel should be sacked due to the last 5 games. 

Er no, he did not say that so don’t backtrack, he pointed out our dreadful recent record and stated he could not understand anyone defending it, he could of course have pointed out 89 League teams have won since New Year’s Day and only 3 have not or many other horrendous statistics.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wow.

So whats the answer?

Is it to get a manager who can "just get it right" first time, regardless of player age, ability, mentality?

First time? He has had 18 months...not 6.

have we seen progress? 

Other than bribging in younger players, which to be honest another coach may have done likewise, I don’t see anything progressive.

I'm going to miss Claude in a masochistic kind of way.

After listening to his post- match interviews on a Saturday evening, I found it took me 5 - 6 hours to regain the will to live. Just in time for Match of the Day to destroy it again. 

Difficult to absorb, but good training for the inevitable disappointments of life.

As a football manager, Claude was a bit of a disaster. But as a Zen master, we'll not see his like again...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

what have you heard ……… come on ….. spill the beans …….:D:D

literally nothing lol, i know better than to ask, cos i'm not gonna get anything.

I did ask if NFP was coming back and i got :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Didn't we win like 7 out of 9 games with a back three of Wes Morgan, Robert Huth and Marcin Wasilewski? Don't think any of them were exactly Speedy Gonzalez.

Then Ranieri came and changed it again to a 4-4-2 with the results we all know. Nothing wrong with the 3-5-2, I just think that taking a freak performance (the Great Escape) as yard stick isn't a good idea. With this young team and Chilwell, Maguire and Ricardo's tendency to bomb forward we'll be slaughtered on the counter.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

You know we don't have to sell anyone don't you?

Yes....

we didnt have to sell Riyad, nor did we want too.

But if players want to move on, they will. 

Making it easier for them, by not challenging for  europa league, or competing in cups, gives them the opportunity to force through moves.

Just now, turkish14 said:

Yes....

we didnt have to sell Riyad, nor did we want too.

But if players want to move on, they will. 

Making it easier for them, by not challenging for  europa league, or competing in cups, gives them the opportunity to force through moves.

It took him about two years to get out of the club, we aren't going to sell all of our players whether they want to go or not. The owners are quite smart people, they aren't going to be bullied into losing half our team for anyone.

We will always lose our best players, doesn't matter where we finish. The key to losing them is you do so in a way that negates any damage the club. So if you lose one a summer, the rest will have to suck it up and get on with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

First time? He has had 18 months...not 6.

have we seen progress? 

Other than bribging in younger players, which to be honest another coach may have done likewise, I don’t see anything progressive.

I see, could have sword I saw discontent with Puel well over 1 year ago....

I do not disagree he had to go, but this revisionism is slightly nauseating.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It took him about two years to get out of the club, we aren't going to sell all of our players whether they want to go or not. The owners are quite smart people, they aren't going to be bullied into losing half our team for anyone.

We will always lose our best players, doesn't matter where we finish. The key to losing them is you do so in a way that negates any damage the club. So if you lose one a summer, the rest will have to suck it up and get on with it.

And within that 2 years he had at least one strop (Riyadh),that some may argue, caused our form to lapse this time last year.

its okay saying we will always loose our best players, but in the case of Riyad, when we loose one of most creative players and second top scorer, he is hard to replace.

had we won another trophy (a domestic cup perhaps) or been challenging and hopefully getting into Europe, I’m damn sure players will want to stay rather than being a squad player at a “bigger” club. 

Edited by turkish14

21 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Then Ranieri came and changed it again to a 4-4-2 with the results we all know. Nothing wrong with the 3-5-2, I just think that taking a freak performance (the Great Escape) as yard stick isn't a good idea. With this young team and Chilwell, Maguire and Ricardo's tendency to bomb forward we'll be slaughtered on the counter.

They bomb forward now, the only difference is we are left with 2 centre backs instead of 3.

16 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

had we won another trophy (a domestic cup perhaps) or been challenging and hopefully getting into Europe, I’m damn sure players will want to stay rather than being a squad player at a “bigger” club. 

We've won three cups in 135 years, it aint happening. People thinking it's somehow easy to make that a regular thing are missing the huge problem of it being incredibly hard to to. Did Kante stay? Nope, gone the second he could. Players turning down clubs who offer more money and stand a realistic chance of winning trophies each and every year are few and far between.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've won three cups in 135 years, it aint happening. People thinking it's somehow easy to make that a regular thing are missing the huge problem of it being incredibly hard to to. Did Kante stay? Nope, gone the second he could. Players turning down clubs who offer more money and stand a realistic chance of winning trophies each and every year are few and far between.

I beg to differ...

regarding Ngolo if we believe what was written he had a clause, as soon as any club matched that he was off. Had there been no clause, would he of sulked the following year when we were no where near Europe or winning trophies?

Who knows... but there a case for saying had he stayed, we would have performed better.

how can you be so sure about trophies?

“3 cups in 135 years it ain’t happening”

we did win the EPL, Wigan did win the FA cup, Portsmouth likewise...

besides it wasn’t  just trophies that were my point. Being competitive in the europa slots too.

Were not talking being a premier league winner contender or a European heavyweight here.

I genuinely don’t see how we shouldn’t  be competing in the cups and 6th-8th place (acknowledging one of the “big 6” having a bad season).

To have the best chance we need our best players performing and feeling like we can compete. 

To do this needs the right coaching, set up, understanding and of course luck!!

Taking, what.... 2-3 years to get there? Won’t happen.

our better players will be in their agents ear, doing what they can to force a move a la riyad.

Edited by turkish14

7 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I beg to differ...

regarding Ngolo if we believe what was written he had a clause, as soon as any club matched that he was off. Had there been no clause, would he of sulked the following year when we were no where near Europe or winning trophies?

Who knows... but there a case for saying had he stayed, we would have performed better.

how can you be so sure about trophies?

“3 cups in 135 years it ain’t happening”

we did win the EPL, Wigan did win the FA cup, Portsmouth likewise...

besides it wasn’t  just trophies that were my point. Being competitive in the europa slots too.

Were not talking being a premier league winner contender or a European heavyweight here.

I genuinely don’t see how we shouldn’t  be competing in the cups and 6th-8th place (acknowledging one of the “big 6” having a bad season).

To have the best chance we need our best players performing and feeling like we can compete. 

To do this needs the right coaching, set up, understanding and of course luck!!

Taking, what.... 2-3 years to get there? Won’t happen.

our better players will be in their agents ear, doing what they can to force a move a la riyad.

If you think our best players would turn down the chance of playing champions league football and actually standing a chance of winning regular trophies earning more money, because we might fluke a cup win once every 20 or 30 years or might "compete" for 7th or 8th place then I don't know what to say. We and they would be bucking the trend of pretty much every highly rated player ever barring a few.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Let me explain the difference between "source" and "sources".

Fans who claim to be ITK will I suspect have one source - their brother's mate knows one of the groundstaff etc.

There was a feeling on here (and social media) that I had one source (and that Percy, Whitwell etc also only had one source).

And that single source was going to be a player who wasn't playing so had a specific axe to grind.

Journalists use multiple sources. I was getting info over the past year from probably 8-10 people (from players, coaching staff, other club employees, agents etc).

When you hear so many people, independently, saying the same kind of stuff, you sit up and listen.

I tried to convey those messages, without naming names or even what their job was because journalists don't do that.

Some of you here just wouldn't have it. It was one source. It was an agenda. Blah blah.

I didn't post here from 4th January until yesterday because it just went round and round in circles and I needed a break from the madness.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter whether people believe what I (or other newspaper journalists) said or not. But this is to give you an idea of how it works.

As for the next manager, let's hope we make the right decision and we unite in love for our amazing club. Onwards and upwards x

:source: :P

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Did you watch Ghezzal on Saturday, there is a reason he was hooked at half time.

And I would not say Nacho did not try on Saturday as I recall him breaking up a dangerous counter attack in our right back position, however why the hell he was playing right side is another Puel mystery.

Nacho’s confidence is fried, whether he will make it is in serious doubt but just maybe a new manager will get something out of him.

Ghezzal WAS poor on Saturday. I would have taken him off at half time too. However, although his control and passing were poor he did work really hard, chasing, hassling, tackling and back tracking. It's just nothing went right for him when he had the ball. I don't think the crowd helped him either, groaning at his every mistake. 

But that's why I use Ghezzal as an argument against Nacho, who is 10 times worse.

I really don't understand how Nacho can be defended. I admit he did one, maybe even two good things against Palace. I admit he put a dangerous ball in against Spuds. But these are so isolated, and rare incidents which do not highlight the rest of his game.

His control is poor (to say the least) for a P/L footballer. He doesn't seem, to have any game awareness. He doesn't hassle opponents. He hardly ever tries to tackle, his passing is poor, he doesn't seem to be a team player, he doesn't give the impression to opponents he poses a threat, he looks like he gives up easily, and he certainly doesn't work anywhere near hard enough.

I say again. I really loathe slating our players.

I will support their shortcomings and defend them, as I have tried to do with Ghezzal, but this is PROVIDING they show they want it. If a player is short of confidence, as Nacho obviously is, I understand that. But that doesn't stop you running your ass off and TRYING. For 25 million and an obscene 40k+ a week for 15 minute cameos, I at least expect some effort. Even Okazaki runs his ass off for the short time he comes on, and however poor he has been this season you wont find me slating Okazaki.

I'm sorry, but Nacho does absolutely nothing to show me he wants to make a success of his Leicester City career. I can only see him following in the footsteps of another lazy, uninterested ex LCFC player, Beckford, and end up playing in league one for Bury.

As I said in an earlier post, the player ratings don't lie and 9 times out of 10 Nacho is rated around a 4 and voted the worst player. I'm not the only one who is frustrated (to say the least) and highly disappointed with Nacho.

I really hope the new manager inspires him, otherwise I really can see his career drifting quickly into oblivion. My fingers are crossed that it comes good for him, but I need to see something back from him, not being upset because a manager gives him the rollocking he deserved. 

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Er no, he did not say that so don’t backtrack, he pointed out our dreadful recent record and stated he could not understand anyone defending it, he could of course have pointed out 89 League teams have won since New Year’s Day and only 3 have not or many other horrendous statistics.

Can't believe i'm even entertaining trying to have a debate with someone who clearly isn't particularly bright, but please see what I was (tongue-in-cheek) referring to:

"There is only one team in the EPL with a worse record over the last 5 games than us  -  Huddersfield Town. How can anyone defend Puel is beyond me."

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

But he hasn't looked good enough, mismanaged or not.

He hasn't had a decent run in the team and was starved of that opportunity.

We basically took 6 months off his playing career and then Puel messed him about.  I think it's a disgrace and just putting it down to not looking good enough thanks to a limited time on the field when the bloke is an experienced international player isn't the answer.

There have been others who have had a run in the team and still haven't looked good enough. 

I think the way he has been treated off the pitch has well served up how he's played on it.  Not looked after, expect shoddy performances with bit part appearances.  That's what we've ended up with.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

image.thumb.png.17e1436285c441c51b5d50f669c8bc17.png

Had to go, they gave him long enough considering a Palace Win wouldve meant he could've turned it around depending on the following games results.

The evolution of his brand of football, resulted in a 1-4 home tonking 

65% v 35% Possession

27 v 7 Shots

5 v 5 on target

Wasnt the first time we had over double the shots, yet were soundly beaten

Spurs

Southampton 10 men for 45 mins

Cardiff

Its like we tried to evolve from the counter attacking style of play that was defeating us most weeks