Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Dedryck Boyata

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-boyata-celtic-transfer-2603608

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Celtic defender Dedryck Boyata.

The 28-year-old shone under former Bhoys boss Brendan Rodgers, now at Leicester following his departure from Parkhead last summer., and is wanted by the new Foxes boss according to the Sun.

Boyata formed a formidable partnership with Filip Benkovic, on loan at Celtic from City, before suffering hamstring and knee injuries.

The Belgium international, who played at last summer's World Cup in Russia, is out of contract in the summer and has been the subject of Premier League interest before.

Boyata, a product of Manchester City's youth academy, has made 30 appearances for Celtic this season.

Signed by the Hoops in 2015, Boyata has won three Scottish Premiership titles, two Scottish FA Cups and a pair of Scottish League Cups, making 133 appearances in total.

Edited by MikeyT

I have not heard good things about him. The biggest compliment was when a Celtic fan made a backhanded comment by saying about Benkovic “He even makes Boyata look good”... plus why would we need another CB with over 30mill worth of talent plus promising youngsters waiting to bed in is beyond me.

18 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I have not heard good things about him. The biggest compliment was when a Celtic fan made a backhanded comment by saying about Benkovic “He even makes Boyata look good”... plus why would we need another CB with over 30mill worth of talent plus promising youngsters waiting to bed in is beyond me.

Because Maguire may be sold and I don't think anyone really wants to re-sign Morgan.

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:40, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Rather give Wes a 3 year extension.

er........................be careful for what you wish for.

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2019 at 06:34, egg_fried_rice said:

He is absolutely shit. There's no way we'd be interested.

Of course. absolutely xxxx for Rodgers at Celtic and absolutely xxxx for his Belgian team manager Roberto Martinez.