Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 3-1 Fulham

3 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Thought the same to be honest. He is the equivalent of a headless chicken. Great at running around but doesn't really know what he's doing. No footballing brain unfortunately and I'm not sure that is something you can teach.

Sort of agree. I get the impression he just wants to look good, wouldn't be surprised if CR7 is his idol because he seems to imitate him a lot, his shooting technique etc. He can certainly come up with moment of brilliance but a lot of the time his game is very predictable. Not a bad player to have around, maybe Brenda can turn him into a superstar?? 

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Looked great today with the high press that just wasn’t there under CP.

We also moved the ball much quicker and were not as stagnant / rigid.

We were good value but won’t be playing Fulham every week!

Really like the energy under Rodgers and that’s the first time 4231 looked fluid going forward.

To be fair to Ndidi he actually looked much improved on the ball and not just excellent at breaking up play.

I don't think we did play 4231, at least until Mendy came on. It looked much more like 4141. Both Tielemans and Maddisdon were playing quite high up the pitch, with Ndidi much deeper. One disadvantage of this is that the fullbacks cannot go so far forward as there are not the defensive midfielders to provide cover. It may not work so well against better sides than Fulham, who were pisspoor. 

The high press worked well initially, but requires a fitness level that is hard to sustain for an entire match. We do need episodes of slower possession based play to recover energy. Without these there will not be the mental or physical energy for sustained defence or sharp counter attacks. 

• Like 4

The way to improve a team is to replace the weakest player with better.Do this on a consistent basis and the whole team/squad will improve. Weakest player now is Gray  so its now time to move him on back to the championship.

Hes had more chances  then anyone to improve but has plateaud at a level that is not good enough.

9 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

The way to improve a team is to replace the weakest player with better.Do this on a consistent basis and the whole team/squad will improve. Weakest player now is Gray  so its now time to move him on back to the championship.

Hes had more chances  then anyone to improve but has plateaud at a level that is not good enough.

I would want the manager to work with the player to improve him so he isn’t the weakest part of the team ........ that’s a better route than selling a young English asset who certainly has talent 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would want the manager to work with the player to improve him so he isn’t the weakest part of the team ........ that’s a better route than selling a young English asset who certainly has talent 

I agree in theory with your sentiment.But from what  can be seen from the past three seasons our English talent can not quite cut it at premier League level -so its time now to move him on.

Edited by cropstonfox

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think Gray has a role as an impact sub, when his pace can make a difference and the game is more open. 

Albrighton should be starting, and in the meantime either Ghezzal or Ricardo. 

Playing Ricardo as a winger with Simpson behind gives Chilwell a bit of space to go foward, as there would still be 3 at the back, albeit assymetrically. 

Great win on Saturday. Panic stations after the Fulham goal and 3-1 may have flattered us on the second half show but fair play to the lads they dealt with it and we were very comfortable for a finish.

1-0 at half time was no way a fair refelction of our first half dominance. Apart from Watford it was the best 45 minutes we put together at home all season.

Not too many negatives but Chilwell and Kasper were diabolical for the goal. Chilwell might have his head turned by the Man City story but overall he's had a good season and players will make mistakes over a season and at least Kasper wasn't blaming anyone else for the goal this time. Knew he had made a howler and got on with it. Gray had another one of those days and I don't believe he will be the player that we hoped he would be. If someone put in a reasonable bid I would be looking to sell.

N'didi was a class apart and looks very much like the player we had from February-May 2017. He is still overused and would be in favour of giving Mendy a look in and WIlf some bit of a break towards the end of the season.

Maddison at times fades out of games rather easily but teams have to be on their toes against him and the Vardy assist shows why. We could do with a bit more from him in physicality but he has the assists and goals to his name. He's a bit of a stars-in-their-eyes Beckham for sure but you there's no denying he's made an impression on our forward play.

Tielemans again had another solid show and there is a buzz about him whenever he gets the ball. Was delighted he got the goal and it was great that he had the initiative to spot the gap and get into the position for the goal. Barnes again had another good show. I'll admit on his underwhelming return last year I didn't have much hope for him but he has fairly grown into the first team. What a prospect he is.

Vardy was well....what more can you say. The best signing the club has ever made. 100 goals in 7 years. 2 league title wins and a champions league quarter final. He's not the player he was I would suggest but he hardly put a foot wrong on Saturday. Sacrificed a goal for Tielemans and then got his opportunities later on. Great goal to mark his 100th for us. How lucky we are to have witnessed his rise to the top.

The subs were also very positive. Seems like an eternity since that was the case.

As good as we were though it should be said that Fulham were truly dismal. A club that at times looked like a 14th/15th placed team in the championship. Were the worst team we played all season. As bad as Huddersfield were you could understand somewhat given their resources and finances. For the money Fulham spent it was fairly damning how bad they were especially the defensive mistakes.

All in all a good day for us. When we went up in 2014 this was a sort of minimum expectation for me. Dealing comfortably with relegation threatened teams. We did that on Saturday having struggled for too long under Claude.

Job well done Brendan. Keep it going young Foxes.

• Like 3

no idea if anyone noted earlier in the thread but they did change it around at half time. was shocked parker waited that long but perhaps he doesn't trust himself to make significant tactical changes during the half. 

we did struggle for fifteen mins after they scored - the activity in the area of the bench showed that we weren't necessarily sure how to change it to wrestle control back. their mistake changed things so we'll never know what BR would have done to secure the win.

burnley will be a lot tougher  - that's for sure. there weren't many strong challenges on Saturday.   

16 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Why are the club still paying thousands of pounds for these plastic clappers? The atmosphere is no better at the minute, which the was the reason the club kept them on. 

Think they'll be phased out next season - hopefully! 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Why are the club still paying thousands of pounds for these plastic clappers? The atmosphere is no better at the minute, which the was the reason the club kept them on. 

They're properly awful, good for about 2.5 claps and then they're buggered and everyone just throws them under their seats.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Beechey said:

They're properly awful, good for about 2.5 claps and then they're buggered and everyone just throws them under their seats.

or launch them down the stand to hit someone which is the dumbest thing to do.

On 13/03/2019 at 12:05, UniFox21 said:

What's really interesting is how 2/3 goals come from us gaining possession by pressing Fulham, something we didnt do effectively under Puel.

It was an enjoyable game but I reckon a half decent U7 team could press Fulham out of possession. They were awful. 

• Like 1