Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 3-1 Fulham

I thought Clod had a great vision for the future of the club and was a good manager ...   I generally supported him ...   however ...   the difference since he went is like night and day ...   and in a very short space of time.   I feel so much happier now.   A great call by those in charge ...   :appl:

• Like 2

Who was it that said Vardy had lost his pace and was past his best? Proved today that when you play to his strengths, he is still one of the best in the league! And still able to run the show on his own! 

All bow down to the King, All hail king Vardy!!

P.s. that run for the second was perfectly timed and at lightning speed. Not lost his pace at all!!

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Who was it that said Vardy had lost his pace and was past his best? Proved today that when you play to his strengths, he is still one of the best in the league! And still able to run the show on his own! 

P.s. that run for the second was perfectly timed and at lightning speed. Not lost his pace at all!!

The guys a legend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I thought Clod had a great vision for the future of the club and was a good manager ...   I generally supported him ...   however ...   the difference since he went is like night and day ...   and in a very short space of time.   I feel so much happier now.   A great call by those in charge ...   :appl:

This is exactly how I feel. I supported Claude almost up to the end, but I am very happy now (almost as happy as Vardy seems). I'm the most optimistic I've been about the future of our club that I have been since the title win.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

He was screaming for those through balls.. 

Maddithhson!!.. 

Thilwell!!.. 

• Haha 3

played well for most the game. 

barnes, maddison & youri were legit linking up behind vardy. 

fulham were awful defensively, it was almost like they’d never heard of jamie vardy. insane space in behind from minute one to minute ninety. if even wilf ndidi can see the gaps and the space to play the through balls like he did for our first then you’ve got insane problems. 

chilwell was a bit rubbish and gray didn’t pull anything off but apart from that it was deceeee 

Pleased with the result but Chilwells crossing is still awful ,Harry doesn't like having to move the ball a lot quicker. and still messed about a bit.

That was a lot better playing the one quick pass forward when it would have been 2 or 3 under Puel that few seconds saved- may be a bit more risk but 3 goals  tells the truth.

See how we go against a better opponent.Cannot remember the last time we got anything from a free kick or corner?

Thought it was a great 1st half, lost our way majorly in the 2nd, i've not seen the equaliser back yet but it seemed a very poor goal to concede, took time to get back into the game and I couldn't see us getting a winner, we did get a goal and looked good again though!

Great to have a Manager with the intelligence to try and play to our strengths at last. Not yet there obviously but things much better on and off the pitch. Atmosphere well up as well. What a difference already.

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

i literally don't understand how you can go to the game or watch that on a stream and not manage to register the chances that Ghezzal created today. 

some people are so blinkered by their own preconceptions. 

i despair. 

I know.  It was pretty obvious he was playing better in relation to Ricardo behind him/overlapping too, unlike Gray.

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he overtook Gray eventually in terms of ability and importance to the team ..

I have a funny feeling rodgers and gray wont get on and could easily see him wanting to get the best out of ghezzal... he could become a regular fixture on that right wing soon...

56 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Let's be honest, any side should beat Fulham.

True enough. But, as they say, you can only play who's in front of you. I think of it is as a well timed, morale boosting win - so thank you Fulham, you came along at the right time. In fairness, they did make it tough in the 2nd half but we weathered that and came out the other side.

Maybe our 2nd was a bit lucky, due to their sloppy pass, but Madison made the most of it and it was a great ball for Vardy, and he finished with gratifying aplomb - good to see he still has it. Besides, we've been shooting ourselves in the foot a bit lately so it's about time we got one go the other way for us. Their goal was a bit of a comedy of errors on our part again.

So yes, all in all Fulham were dire for the most part but even given that, there was some excellent play from us and there are good reasons to be optimistic.

Edited by PloTok

1 hour ago, midland_red said:

didn't see the full match, but one thing that struck me was the first goal. I think a few weeks ago Vardy would have gone for the shot.

This time he passed it to Tielmans who was in a better position. That decision speaks volumes for what looks like a return to confidence

We wouldn't have scored that goal under Puel as Vardy would have been the only player of ours in the box. That was the main difference today, a commitment to get players forward and to move the ball forwards more often and more quickly.

Long long way to go but we were so much more positive than in the previous few months.

• Like 2