Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 3-1 Fulham

We were good for the majority but there were still periods where we got totally lost. Brendon really needs to cut out this over passing in the final third because most of the time we end up losing it without getting a shot away.

Think the substitutions changed the game for the better. Thought Okazaki came on and did a great job. Great to see Vardy back to his best. Just a shame we hung on to Fraud Puel for so long.

Positive signs!

• Like 2

For me the biggest difference was that we pressed higher up the pitch forcing errors from their defence or midfield. You could see the panic in their keepers face everytime they passed it back and vardy was running full tilt to close down. At one point both Vard's and Shinji were bearing down on the keeper and he ended up kicking it straight out for a throw. That high energy press just didn't happen under puel.

I have no problem with passing back or sideways if we keep possession while looking for an opening rather than simply to keep it with no end product but we need bodies forward to find those openings which happened yesterday. Tieleman's has great vision and just what we have been missing along with letting vardy play his natural high tempo game.

OK Fulham were p*ssh poor and are doomed but the signs are there and we can push onwards and upwards from here.

• Like 2

Don't think we were that great in all honesty. Fulham were terrible yet we still managed to let them back in to the game with the typical gift goal we like to give away. Vardy bailed us out with his clinical finishing. At times we looked good but it was a frustrating game again imo. Tielemans was class yet again, would like to see him get a full 90 soon

• Like 2

12 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

is it only me that gets massively pissed off at the KP for their reactions to certain players?

gray was completely toilet for 70 minutes today and it just got completely ignored. Ghezzal comes on and the crowd was on his back immediately.

Gray has had too many opportunities now without making any forward progression. He needs to be a bench player only. He was appalling yesterday and just kept on repeating the same mistakes over and over 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Insufferable.

The guy next to me was incessantly bemoaning Chilwell's inability to cross and then when he delivered a near perfect ball into the box which no one got on the end of, he said "Chilwell again". The abuse of Gray was incessant and Maddison according to those around me has been "shit" for the last five games. 

Foxes Talk meet up in SK2? 

Well he had a point about Chilwell. He honestly can’t be considering the placing of his crossss at all 

30 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Well he had a point about Chilwell. He honestly can’t be considering the placing of his crossss at all 

And you miss mine.

He was continually bemoaning Ben's supposed inability to cross - and then when he delivered the perfect ball he blurted out "fookin' Chilwell again". If unintentional irony could be refined into pure form, that guy would have quite the stash. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

Interestingly our next home game is against Bournemouth, who had conceded 2+ goals in 11 straight away games before yesterday. Hopefully a good chance to get some momentum going at home.

Well I wouldn't be too confident considering our rather abject record against them of late.

Edited by reynard

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well I wouldn't be too confident considering our rather abject record against them of late.

Agree with this. We cant beat these lot. Brendan will do well to get a win against them. If so i might considering naming  my  dinner knife after him

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

Gray has had too many opportunities now without making any forward progression. He needs to be a bench player only. He was appalling yesterday and just kept on repeating the same mistakes over and over 

Thought the same to be honest. He is the equivalent of a headless chicken. Great at running around but doesn't really know what he's doing. No footballing brain unfortunately and I'm not sure that is something you can teach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Thought the same to be honest. He is the equivalent of a headless chicken. Great at running around but doesn't really know what he's doing. No footballing brain unfortunately and I'm not sure that is something you can teach.

It would help if he had the right boots on for starters. He was slipping around all over the place yesterday.

I wouldn't say were amazing yesterday, there's a lot of work to be done, the first twenty minutes of the second half we really looked sloppy. However a win's a win, Vardy back to his best. I would say the coverage on Radio Leicester was way over the top, they kept making out we were playing this new attacking, stylish football but I don't know I'm not yet convinced. Yep under Puel we wouldn't have probably won that but I think Stringer needs to calm and tone it down on Rodgers, he hasn't done nothing yet. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

31 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Schlupp MK2?

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

Schlupp MK2?

Fan of Gray but I would argue Schlupp was more effective here purely down to his pace! Gray is so ineffective and rarely contributes with goals/ assists. However, Brendan is well known for developing young(er) attacking footballers so think we have to give him one last shot to progress. Otherwise, we might need to start looking elsewhere, serious lack of quality in those attacking wide areas. 

Yeah I thought Gray would really take the opportunity given Albrighton's injury, but he's never repaid any extended run in the team. Now Barnes has come in you've got to think he'll be behind Albrighton, Maddison and Barnes in the pecking order next season now.

Edited by Sampson

15 hours ago, womp said:

DIdnt see any massive change today but didnt expect too much anyway being the first full week and with his house burglary distraction.

started pressing up the ground as a team and most times players weren't isolated. its a start and its going to take a long time but its a win.

The pressing is a huge change, likewise the fact Vardy was involved in over 30 touches when under Puel he would be lucky to get 10 all game. 

We play far less long balls I've noticed as well. It's the signs of what's to come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

I felt Gray was arguably man of the match against Brighton, but yesterday it just didn’t happen, and it’s the sort of game he should flourish in by now. I think Harvey will get loads better. Not sure Demerai will.

Looked great today with the high press that just wasn’t there under CP.

We also moved the ball much quicker and were not as stagnant / rigid.

We were good value but won’t be playing Fulham every week!

Really like the energy under Rodgers and that’s the first time 4231 looked fluid going forward.

To be fair to Ndidi he actually looked much improved on the ball and not just excellent at breaking up play.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I felt Gray was arguably man of the match against Brighton, but yesterday it just didn’t happen, and it’s the sort of game he should flourish in by now. I think Harvey will get loads better. Not sure Demerai will.

He's dreadfully inconsistent.. 

Had enough game time since he's been here to make a claim for a starting spot. 

Perhaps we should cash in or loan him out next season?