Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 3-1 Fulham

Very good first half, good quick interchanges and got in behind on a few occasions. Tielemans was untouchable first half, had a knack of finding pockets of space and picking out a pass. Second half was okay until Chilwell switched off. They had their tails up but other than the Mitrovic header, they didn’t do much else. Clinical finishing for a change today, they push too many on and we ruthlessly punished them. Harvey so close to his first home goal. Work to do but encouraging signs early on

DIdnt see any massive change today but didnt expect too much anyway being the first full week and with his house burglary distraction.

started pressing up the ground as a team and most times players weren't isolated. its a start and its going to take a long time but its a win.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

There were some points when Gray pressed well, once in the first half he won the ball in a very dangerous area. Id like to see Maddison and Tielemans pass out to Gray and Barnes more often on the flanks instead of taking shots outside the box, see if they can cut in or produce a cross or cutback.

This.

There were quite a few occasions first half where a pass to Gray was on after him making really good runs but he wasn’t picked out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

is it only me that gets massively pissed off at the KP for their reactions to certain players?

gray was completely toilet for 70 minutes today and it just got completely ignored. Ghezzal comes on and the crowd was on his back immediately.

Were they? Heard nothing really... I mean weren't exactly singing his name but didn't hear anything overly negative. 

Something I took from yesterday was the fact that we now know how to utilise possession and the sideways/backwards passes. We kept possession and slowly worked the ball back to Kasper before breaking quickly when Fulham had been drawn out if their own half, we did this a couple of times and created chances, something that rarely happened under Puel. Looking forward to watching us when BR has had more time with the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Something I took from yesterday was the fact that we now know how to utilise possession and the sideways/backwards passes. We kept possession and slowly worked the ball back to Kasper before breaking quickly when Fulham had been drawn out if their own half, we did this a couple of times and created chances, something that rarely happened under Puel. Looking forward to watching us when BR has had more time with the team. 

Yeah noticed that. Kasper only did one of his usual dreadful long kicks ( straight to the opposition ) but after that, he did mostly short pass kicks or rolled it out to the back four. Obviously, Brendan has had a word with him.

• Like 1

Vardy’s going to get 20 this season, really good performance, Yes room for improvement, but Brendan’s working his magic so far, more time on the training pitch to implement his philosophy I feel we are going to improve much more.

• Like 1

So pleased that we’ve started pressing high up the pitch again. I never understood why Puel dialled that back. It’s perfect in matches like today as you can force defensive errors and hopefully exploit them, like the first goal.

It was noticeable how much more we were looking for Vardy and no surprise that we were better for it.

Great win, good performance (on the whole) and signs of positive tactical changes.

11 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

As a puel-in member right up until the palace game, i can now see that puel not utilising vardy by playing to his strengths, whilst having no plan b, was piss poor management of the highest order.

Yes we know he's not going to last forever but we should at least let his body decide when that is, especially if we haven't done anything in the transfer market to replace him.

Plenty of positives from yesterday but there’s definitely an overreaction to the narrative about this being a clear turning point and the sort of result we wouldn’t have got under Puel and using Vardy correctly.

Fulham have comfortably the worst away record in the league, with 2 (two!) points from 16 away games. They tried to play the ball out from the back with absolutely no hint of having the ability to do so.

They also played an absolutely suicidally high line, and the spaces between their centre backs and full backs were absolutely cavernous.

No doubt there was better movement from our forwards than under Puel which would have helped create the gaps, and the pressing was also much higher up the pitch than under Puel. Hopefully both of these things will continue under Rodgers.

But under Puel we never had any problems playing “to Vardy’s strengths” when teams let us do so. Case in point being Huddersfield earlier this season (the side with the second-worst away record) where we scored 2 goals from playing through balls into the striker.

The proof of Rodgers’ success will be when we start breaking down sides who are defensively solid in our home games. Fulham are not that.

I think he’s a better fit than Puel and he’ll do a better job of beating these sides at home than Puel did. You can only beat what’s put in front of you but  Fulham were abject defensively and we simply will not get the opportunity to put in 5 or 6 balls behind the defence every week like we yesterday.

Overall excellent performance. Same team but the pressing worked in general.

I counted approx 10 chances created for vwrdy including the through balls he thrives on, rather than high crosses we had under puel. We're playing to his strengths.

Main negatives were chilwell having a bad say and especially Gray very lucky to stay on for 70 odd mins as frequently gave the ball away. Faces a challenge from ghezzal/albrighton for his place.

Brendan will have seen key area to work on was moving the ball quicker (which we did much better) and managing our confidence when we conceded. It's still very fragile.

I thought that the weight of the pass and where it goes relative to the player were much improved

Some really nice interactions, particularly between Barnes and Maddison who put in a vastly improved performance

i felt sorry for Gray. The problem wasn’t so much his decision making but more that it was like he was playing in wooden boots

The win and coming through the shaky period should be good for the team’s confidence 

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Plenty of positives from yesterday but there’s definitely an overreaction to the narrative about this being a clear turning point and the sort of result we wouldn’t have got under Puel and using Vardy correctly.

Fulham have comfortably the worst away record in the league, with 2 (two!) points from 16 away games. They tried to play the ball out from the back with absolutely no hint of having the ability to do so.

They also played an absolutely suicidally high line, and the spaces between their centre backs and full backs were absolutely cavernous.

No doubt there was better movement from our forwards than under Puel which would have helped create the gaps, and the pressing was also much higher up the pitch than under Puel. Hopefully both of these things will continue under Rodgers.

But under Puel we never had any problems playing “to Vardy’s strengths” when teams let us do so. Case in point being Huddersfield earlier this season (the side with the second-worst away record) where we scored 2 goals from playing through balls into the striker.

The proof of Rodgers’ success will be when we start breaking down sides who are defensively solid in our home games. Fulham are not that.

I think he’s a better fit than Puel and he’ll do a better job of beating these sides at home than Puel did. You can only beat what’s put in front of you but  Fulham were abject defensively and we simply will not get the opportunity to put in 5 or 6 balls behind the defence every week like we yesterday.

Agree with this, we were helped massively by Fulham mistakes, yes we forced mistakes a little but they made it easy for us to get Vardy in. What yesterday proved is that when we can, plan A still works. I was thinking of the Huddersfield game too, very similar. 

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I thought that the weight of the pass and where it goes relative to the player were much improved

Some really nice interactions, particularly between Barnes and Maddison who put in a vastly improved performance

i felt sorry for Gray. The problem wasn’t so much his decision making but more that it was like he was playing in wooden boots

The win and coming through the shaky period should be good for the team’s confidence 

Demarai and Harvey both want to play on the left cutting in .... neither look very happy on the right .... Rodgers job is to make them both more complete players 

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Agree with this, we were helped massively by Fulham mistakes, yes we forced mistakes a little but they made it easy for us to get Vardy in. What yesterday proved is that when we can, plan A still works. I was thinking of the Huddersfield game too, very similar. 

Interestingly our next home game is against Bournemouth, who had conceded 2+ goals in 11 straight away games before yesterday. Hopefully a good chance to get some momentum going at home.

9 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

is it only me that gets massively pissed off at the KP for their reactions to certain players?

gray was completely toilet for 70 minutes today and it just got completely ignored. Ghezzal comes on and the crowd was on his back immediately.

Insufferable.

The guy next to me was incessantly bemoaning Chilwell's inability to cross and then when he delivered a near perfect ball into the box which no one got on the end of, he said "Chilwell again". The abuse of Gray was incessant and Maddison according to those around me has been "shit" for the last five games. 

Foxes Talk meet up in SK2? 

• Haha 2

Just remembered one part of the game where the ball got passed back to the defence and fans around me went 'ugh, go forwards!... Why are we going backwards?!'. 

Met with my response of calm down, we still have the ball etc. 

10 seconds later we still have the ball and we go up and score lol

• Like 3

Just watched motd looked like had plenty of decent chances first goal vardy very unselfish he looked like he was enjoying playing again. Some good team goals yesterday. Good to see the ball being played up to vardy quicker and not as many aimless crosses into the box. A few players added next season could be an exciting one 

Gray absolutely dreadful. For me he's playing for his future now as the progression and consistency just isn't there. Ndidi was excellent and star man with Vardy. 20 mins in second half we were poor and a better side would have finished us off. Still, 3 points and more positives to take overall. Tielemens and Maddision the creative sparks ?