Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, Meat and 2 veg said:

Are you okay? Sort of thing you’d tweet if you were held captive and needed to alert your mates secretly. 

Mate I love Albrighton but but let's be honest he's a workhorse, no one loves him for his skill and goals, they love him for his work ethic. Maguire is a top defender one of the best around in the Premier league so daft comment really. Big big part of this deal is who we replace him with. If Benkovic or soyuncu are allowed to come in and do a good job then it's a great deal. If we sign someone who is great then it's a good deal. But if we replace him with a lame duck for best part of 50m then it's a crap deal. 

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mate I love Albrighton but but let's be honest he's a workhorse, no one loves him for his skill and goals, they love him for his work ethic. Maguire is a top defender one of the best around in the Premier league so daft comment really. Big big part of this deal is who we replace him with. If Benkovic or soyuncu are allowed to come in and do a good job then it's a great deal. If we sign someone who is great then it's a good deal. But if we replace him with a lame duck for best part of 50m then it's a crap deal. 

I was only joking. I like Marc aswell but i think Maguire is more important. Shame Benkovic seems to be injured all the time and that Soyuncu isn’t 3 inches taller ...

Just now, katieakita said:

Wan Bissaka £50 million !! Did not see his Euro game against France I assume. They are well behind City and Liverpool and would hope his current contract would sort him for life before any future move but hey no we can agree to disagree

Yes I did see it, so you are basing his valuation and potential on one game? Did you jot see him last season, he was brilliant almost every week. 50m may be a bit much bit he's very young and English so it's not surprising. I did say that I still have major doubts over them and they need more signings to compete but their name and brand still have pulling power. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Hate to say it but Toby wouldn’t come here; that is obvious but I’m glad he thinks that highly of us though; makes a change.  

I don't think he's holding us in high regard, I just think he's thick as shit and plays fifa too much. 

I genuinely think the loss of Maguire is not as big as if we loss either fullback or maddison or vardy. That's not to say Maguire is not a good player, but we are much more well equipped to lose him then some of the others.

£80m is a world record for a defender and if that is indeed the figure and the player wants to leave, I think we let him go. Our problem areas are in the wide positions and if the money allows us to buy a good pacey winger with goals and a decent young CB then I think the squad has improved overall.

14 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

True.

You've just reminded me of something. When I was about 16, I worked in a supermarket in Barrow. The bloke in charge of the produce was a fat, old cockney who stank to high heaven. We used to get complaints about him. The stench was unbelievable. The last person you want handling fruit and veg.

I used to serve Ian Marshall at the checkout sometimes.

My point being a few rotten eggs (or fruit in this case) doesn't make the entire company poor. 

My claim on that one is serving Graham Rowntree milk every so often. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yes I did see it, so you are basing his valuation and potential on one game? Did you jot see him last season, he was brilliant almost every week. 50m may be a bit much bit he's very young and English so it's not surprising. I did say that I still have major doubts over them and they need more signings to compete but their name and brand still have pulling power. 

He did well with two of the BBC pundits putting him in their team of the season. But Ricardo Pereira was immense last year and don't understand how he wasn't even considered for that spot. For me RP has a better season overall.

To be fair his head was turned last season and his heart has already left which to me was one of the reasons his performances dipped . I don’t necessarily want him to go but but it’s clear he wants to move and if we get 80 mill then jobs a goodun 

Great reading about about fruit and veg and the Co-op, but taking this thread back on topic for just a moment, is there any more news other than the Express now quoting the Bleacher Report?

1 minute ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I was only joking. I like Marc aswell but i think Maguire is more important. Shame Benkovic seems to be injured all the time and that Soyuncu isn’t 3 inches taller ...

I think that’s what’s more important than your centre back is the quality of your defensive midfielder in front of the defence, Kante showed us that, the bloke made morgan and Huth look like world beaters ffs, Ndidi is getting there and to me is showing that this is becoming the most important position in the premier league. Maguire May go to Man Utd but I suspect he won’t do that well as they’ve not strengthened in the DM position. There’s a reason why their defence always looks suspect and I don’t think it’s the quality of their defenders, I think it’s the protection from midfield that’s lacking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shailen said:

He did well with two of the BBC pundits putting him in their team of the season. But Ricardo Pereira was immense last year and don't understand how he wasn't even considered for that spot. For me RP has a better season overall.

Wan bissaka is a much better defender than Ricky P, Ricky P is a much better attacker. 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I think that’s what’s more important than your centre back is the quality of your defensive midfielder in front of the defence, Kante showed us that, the bloke made morgan and Huth look like world beaters ffs, Ndidi is getting there and to me is showing that this is becoming the most important position in the premier league. Maguire May go to Man Utd but I suspect he won’t do that well as they’ve not strengthened in the DM position. There’s a reason why their defence always looks suspect and I don’t think it’s the quality of their defenders, I think it’s the protection from midfield that’s lacking. 

Spot on mate, it's also why Pogba hasn't excelled because he hasn't got the protection behind him. 

7 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yes know plenty of Palace fans but 50 Million they are well happy with that and just think there is far too much to repair up at Man United. He'll of a lot of players stealing a living up there. We complain at our spending and yet they have spent and wasted so so much

6 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

YOure welfome. ‘Donald Trump is a wonderful human being’ is always a popular one. :) Or ‘i love soccer’

Nah.. I'd use.. 

How are those Super Spurs boys getting on today Sylofox?.. COYS! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t think Maguire will leave either 

Just now, katieakita said:

Yes know plenty of Palace fans but 50 Million they are well happy with that and just think there is far too much to repair up at Man United. He'll of a lot of players stealing a living up there. We complain at our spending and yet they have spent and wasted so so much

That's true, but they know they need to spend much more to compete and are paying the premium to get the players they want. They had to up their offer for Wan bissaka and same for Maguire probably will end up getting Bruno Fernandes too and will be improved but I agree they are a big question mark for next year. I have to disagree about AWB though he was quality whenever I saw him.