Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

11 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Is Benkovic back in training yet or is he still on holiday like our other 4 young international players? Never really seen him play with only a few snippets in a Celtic shirt, I would have thought Rodgers would want him as Maguires replacement if he does go...

They're back in training I believe 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Are they? Or are they re posting other people's stories in the transfer gossip section? 

On our page on the BBC there's nothing since an article titled " Maguire valuation not met - Rodgers", 5 days ago.

This is how shit spreads

It really is. Somebody on twitter who has form for getting transfer stories completely wrong posts a rumour of a deal being done. Loads of people retweet his tweet and it makes its way onto  fans' forum sites. Then a couple of papers pick it up from twitter and those fans forum sites, and repeat it as a 'rumour'. Then the BBC picks it up for its transfer gossip section, which leads people to think, "the BBC are reporting it, so it must be true..."

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

I personally feel we need to sell now as his head is turned. What’s the point in keeping a player that is at least interested in a move, especially to a club in free-fall like Man United. Let’s give Soyuncu a go, he will make mistakes but he’s got Wes and Jonny to learn from and Benkovic is a solid option moving forward. I also have a feeling Fuchs may be deployed as a CB if we have injuries too.

seriously!? he played our first preseason game with an illness that was caught in Evian, he played against Cheltenham and performed ok, he looks happy in training and he hasn't said anything to convince anyone he wants to move. BR says hes happy to stay and gives his impressions on the situ and thanked him for dealing with it perfectly in his last interview.. The man has been a professional through and through so far. But we get people that lap up anything the media produce and make him look like the enemy. lighten up. k thanks

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It really is. Somebody on twitter who has form for getting transfer stories completely wrong posts a rumour of a deal being done. Loads of people retweet his tweet and it makes its way onto  fans' forum sites. Then a couple of papers pick it up from twitter and those fans forum sites, and repeat it as a 'rumour'. Then the BBC picks it up for its transfer gossip section, which leads people to think, "the BBC are reporting it, so it must be true..."

Yep, it's just an echo chamber. Everyone's saying it, so it must be true. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Then soon enough *SKY SOURCES* pick it up and announce the deals happening

There have been positives from Arrys time with LC. He proved an asset in the dressing room. He also was a decent CB and became an England regular which definitely improved his profile and asset value. The club has also shown a new side. the we won't be bullied side. Maybe that was helped by a player that didn't go sit at an airport all holiday but I'm hoping it sets the tone for the future. No matter how much Sky tells us we need to sell to their beloved Manchester clubs for a bargain basement price we said no - on our terms only and for the first time I can recall we actually stuck with that. No being pushed around by media pressure and bullied by the big boys. That can only bode well for a more level playing field going forward. Not just for LC but all of the EPL clubs.

Then there was the funny story, £45mn bid by The Arsenal. That raised a smile. So fare well Harry, good luck and lets hope its a decision that will go well for you and also the England International side. Sayonara, it was good while it lasted.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

BBC are reporting he's gone

To be fair, they're just quoting Bleacher Report whose chief football reporter is that Dean Jones whose Tweet was quoted a few pages back. They haven't got a clue, no-one has.

24 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Is Benkovic back in training yet or is he still on holiday like our other 4 young international players? Never really seen him play with only a few snippets in a Celtic shirt, I would have thought Rodgers would want him as Maguires replacement if he does go...

Yep 100%... He was on Chilwells Instagram story Friday and Chilly was taking the Piss out of him at how knackered Benkovic was on a speed bike test!

Edited by les-tah
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Simoken said:

seriously!? he played our first preseason game with an illness that was caught in Evian, he played against Cheltenham and performed ok, he looks happy in training and he hasn't said anything to convince anyone he wants to move. BR says hes happy to stay and gives his impressions on the situ and thanked him for dealing with it perfectly in his last interview.. The man has been a professional through and through so far. But we get people that lap up anything the media produce and make him look like the enemy. lighten up. k thanks

Why do we have so many people on this forum that are more concerned about proving points rather than just discussing things? Where did you “learn” from his illness may I ask? And if his head wasn’t turned why don’t he just come out and say publicly he’s happy at Leicester to give us some re-assurance? 

However, I don’t disagree with what your saying. He will be professional and he’s a good lad by all accounts, but the longer this drags on the worse it’s going to get. I really don’t see United going above 75m for him unless they get desperate and it can’t be doing our SQUAD any good knowing he could be going and it’s all in limbo. 

1 minute ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Why do we have so many people on this forum that are more concerned about proving points rather than just discussing things? Where did you “learn” from his illness may I ask? And if his head wasn’t turned why don’t he just come out and say publicly he’s happy at Leicester to give us some re-assurance? 

However, I don’t disagree with what your saying. He will be professional and he’s a good lad by all accounts, but the longer this drags on the worse it’s going to get. I really don’t see United going above 75m for him unless they get desperate and it can’t be doing our SQUAD any good knowing he could be going and it’s all in limbo. 

I heard he picked up the exact same illness that Lukaku contracted.... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

And we'd be buying a player that wants to play for the club whereas Maguire wants out

True but Maguire’s ambitions can wait a year. He will still play is heart out for us or his value goes down.

We don’t need to sell and to make it worth our while I’m guessing the 85-90 million to be paid and deal sorted within the next 7 days or so is smart parameters from Top.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Why do we have so many people on this forum that are more concerned about proving points rather than just discussing things?

How can i 'discuss' about absurd comments with someone who has been brainwashed by an influx of bs from the media?...

5 minutes ago, Simoken said:

How can i 'discuss' about absurd comments with someone who has been brainwashed by an influx of bs from the media?...

You’ve not even responded to anything else I’ve put so that proves my point.

Your opinion is clearly above everyone else’s. 

“K thanks”

35 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Trust me I know what your saying but at this moment in time as a club looking to move forward sometimes we need to sell to improve.

If we sell Maguire we have already improved with Tielemans, justin, perez,

They all look to be fantastic players.

If it meant that we had to sell Maguire to bring in a good forward and a good winger I'm all for it.

However if we have no money left and it just meant Maguire staying with no other incoming then I'd prefer to sell for the benefit of the club to better ourselves and put us in a better position to challenge top 6

Agree to an extent. My biggest concern has always been we'll be weaker at the back.

Forming a centre back pairing that understand each other and therefore eliminate mistakes takes time and if we start the season with an pairing that dont know each others game it could cost us vital points in our search for a top 6 stop.

Maguire and Evans have had that time. Not sure anyone else (except Morgan who's surely not a first choice starter this season) has had enough game time with the team on matchday. 

We're putting a lot of pressure on Soyuncu or whoever replaces Maguire to take the ball forward or we're also losing out on that threat Maguire brings to the game when he goes on one of his runs forward. 

It scares and disrupts the opposition when a CB carries the ball that far up the pitch and pulls players out of position.

Isn’t the whole point of the Maguire saga to make it a saga?

All reasonable City fans expect him to leave it’s more about how he leaves. By asking for above market rate and making it as slow as possible, we send a clear message to any ‘big’ club that doing a deal is not easy. That in turn makes doing business with us less attractive so buys us more time to keep the squad together and slows the rate at which players leave. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Simoken said:

sadly some think whatever is said in the media is gospel

2 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Agree to an extent. My biggest concern has always been we'll be weaker at the back.

Forming a centre back pairing that understand each other and therefore eliminate mistakes takes time and if we start the season with an pairing that dont know each others game it could cost us vital points in our search for a top 6 stop.

Maguire and Evans have had that time. Not sure anyone else (except Morgan who's surely not a first choice starter this season) has had enough game time with the team on matchday. 

We're putting a lot of pressure on Soyuncu or whoever replaces Maguire to take the ball forward or we're also losing out on that threat Maguire brings to the game when he goes on one of his runs forward. 

It scares and disrupts the opposition when a CB carries the ball that far up the pitch and pulls players out of position.

imo last season Evans was by far the best CB, losing HM would be a set back in the short term of course but imo we've got CS and FB who will be eager to step in and are more  than able too.

its one of them...........were it could be short term pain for long term gain, 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

@urban.spaceman We must really try harder, such comments from Caf are hardly the required response! :@

image.thumb.png.3b70abf54661e4fbfafca52310b714e5.png

Most fans of opposing teams who venture on here tend to be decent…. It would be a bit embarrassing jointing a forum and bating them…

anyway…. Isn’t that what Twitter is for :P

Just now, Wolfox said:

Most fans of opposing teams who venture on here tend to be decent…. It would be a bit embarrassing jointing a forum and bating them…

anyway…. Isn’t that what Twitter is for :P

Was only joshing, they are basically a decent bunch, like most football fans. They do tend to have a higher than average set of entitled plastics, but suppose that is to be expected. :thumbup:

And no, thats not what Twitter is for, Twitter is for Sean.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

No disrespect mate but it's a load of horse shit. 

Papers said last week he was gone and they're saying it this week. Nothings changed. 

I take it Utdreport just tweet anything and everything to do with United too? 

• Like 1

Just now, Ashley said:

No disrespect mate but it's a load of horse shit. 

Papers said last week he was gone and they're saying it this week. Nothings changed. 

I take it Utdreport just tweet anything and everything to do with United too? 

Yeah they do, But it does seem this has momentum though.

Just now, Thecarrickfan said:

Yeah they do, But it does seem this has momentum though.

Without being arrogant can I ask why it seems to have momentum? Papers last week reported fees and medicals were agreed, a few days later the second medical(foxestalk joke) was set and now papers who reported it was 'done' last week are doing so again.

Nothing has changed.

• Like 1