Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

What does that mean? The shop itself can't become greengrocer of the year without staff, can it?

1 shop doesn't set presidence for the rest of the company; just as 1 poor performance doesn't mean you're a shit team.

Just now, katieakita said:

Good luck to the bloke and if we have sold for the reported fee well done to the club. However good a player is if their heart is elsewhere get them gone but on our terms. Not sure it is the greatest career move as really cannot see them getting close to City or Liverpool and were well behind Spurs and Chelsea last season. Not sure their owners business model is based on Europa league and they have wasted hundreds of millions on bang average and have a wage bill higher than their near neighbours. He will also be reliant on his partner at the back and if their full backs are Shaw and the kid from Palace with no left foot and De Gea flapping in goal they are hardly rock solid. If he has gone just hope we do not go silly on a replacement spending big. A good player but has a mistake in him and not as solid as Huth or Morgan at their best

Bit of a bitter comment. Wan Bissaka was one of the best full backs in the league last year and saying he has no left foot is a bit like saying Chilwell hasn't got a right foot (he hasn't). De Gea had a bad spell but is still a top keeper, Lindelof is a good defender and if he partners Maguire then they are making steps to. Improve. However I'm not convinced by OGS and they still need midfielders but unfortunately their name and brand is still attractive and he will be probs get paid double a week what he's on on now so he's sorted for life. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

1 shop doesn't set presidence for the rest of the company; just as 1 poor performance doesn't mean you're a shit team. 

Fair point. I thought you were saying it's okay that they sell rotten produce because it's the staff's fault.

I don't shop there, so I don't know if it's the norm for them to sell rancid groceries.

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This thread proves beyond doubt

What idiots,how naive,gullable,desperate

for a story,click-bait bozos,...

That all football fans are..

Leicster & Manutd fans..so bored that 

they soak up, all what the media pukes out..we are so bloody daft!! :celebrate:

It also shows

1 the gullible 

2 the couldn’t give a shit

3 the football manager

4 the serious

5 the “I’d sell my soul to the devil for a quid”

6 the when’s the season start cos transfer windows are soooooo boringg 

Edited by yorkie1999

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

The replies. 

And this guy is paid to talk about football and played football all his life. Literally how thick is he. Why didnt we buy De Ligt or van Dijk, they were cheaper than Harry too, the stupid thick ccunt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Fair point. I thought you were saying it's okay that they sell rotten produce because it's the staff's fault.

I don't shop there, so I don't know if it's the norm for them to sell rancid groceries.

Not at all, I worked for 3 years at the co-op whilst studying, if there's sh1t like rotten fruit lying around then usually its due to the manager not caring enough or the staff not caring enough. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

And this guy is paid to talk about football and played football all his life. Literally how thick is he. Why didnt we buy De Ligt or van Dijk, they were cheaper than Harry too, the stupid thick ccunt

Why don’t Man Utd buy Toby?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Regardless of who is or isn't bought, it's a huge profit. Anything else is whataboutery.

That's bullshit mate, of course it matters what we do with the money. It's like saying you won a million on the lottery so it doesn't matter what you spend the money on. If we blow it on a duff player then it's wasted profit and thus not profit anymore. I don't see why we want dunk or Tarkowski surely people like Lascelles or Europeans like Tah are better prospects

If true I think he very replaceable . To take a player who until the end of Hulls relegation season was not even in the first team to a world record fee in 2years  is superb business. Is he worth that fee certainly not . He is good but not great. I wish him good luck but am certain he will be found out quickly. Man City knew what he was worth . However he must be replaced because from what I have seen in pre-season Evans is our best defender by miles but the others leave a great deal to be desired.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

That's bullshit mate, of course it matters what we do with the money. It's like saying you won a million on the lottery so it doesn't matter what you spend the money on. If we blow it on a duff player then it's wasted profit and thus not profit anymore. I don't see why we want dunk or Tarkowski surely people like Lascelles or Europeans like Tah are better prospects

Splash the cash on Nathan Ake! 

Just now, jock2612 said:

If true I think he very replaceable . To take a player who until the end of Hulls relegation season was not even in the first team to a world record fee in 2years  is superb business. Is he worth that fee certainly not . He is good but not great. I wish him good luck but am certain he will be found out quickly. Man City knew what he was worth . However he must be replaced because from what I have seen in pre-season Evans is our best defender by miles but the others leave a great deal to be desired.

Don't judge anything on pre season it means nothing. Soyuncu and or benkovoc need an extended run. The turk never had a run of games at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

We haven't seen Benko yet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Not at all, I worked for 3 years at the co-op whilst studying, if there's sh1t like rotten fruit lying around then usually its due to the manager not caring enough or the staff not caring enough. 

True.

You've just reminded me of something. When I was about 16, I worked in a supermarket in Barrow. The bloke in charge of the produce was a fat, old cockney who stank to high heaven. We used to get complaints about him. The stench was unbelievable. The last person you want handling fruit and veg.

I used to serve Ian Marshall at the checkout sometimes.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

English players have a big premium, both squad wise and also as no one knows what kind of brexit awaits us .......

Not the point at all. Man utd have lots of English players so don't need one for homegrown, and could have replaced Herrera and got the class centre back for around 64 million combined. I would have spunked that kind of stupid money on a forward who can transform them like a Jadon Sancho or Gareth Bale or a midfielder like Saul niguez but what do I know

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who would you rather lose from our squad ..

Marc Albrighton or Slabhead?. 

Personally I'd be more gutted if we lost Marc. 

Hyperthetical I know but shows MA 's value to us. 

Are you okay? Sort of thing you’d tweet if you were held captive and needed to alert your mates secretly. 

Edited by Meat and 2 veg
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Bit of a bitter comment. Wan Bissaka was one of the best full backs in the league last year and saying he has no left foot is a bit like saying Chilwell hasn't got a right foot (he hasn't). De Gea had a bad spell but is still a top keeper, Lindelof is a good defender and if he partners Maguire then they are making steps to. Improve. However I'm not convinced by OGS and they still need midfielders but unfortunately their name and brand is still attractive and he will be probs get paid double a week what he's on on now so he's sorted for life. 

Wan Bissaka £50 million !! Did not see his Euro game against France I assume. They are well behind City and Liverpool and would hope his current contract would sort him for life before any future move but hey no we can agree to disagree

4 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

And if Man.city are just sitting in and waiting...

How can you make such a presumptuous statement,without knowing what either Manchester clubs are going to do. The transfer window isn't closed,and we all know every club play silly games..!!  

Man.city came back for Mahrez and had to cough up,more than they first proposed...!!