Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The hesitation of the umpire too it all felt wrong.....

Bloody Barstow taking up the review!

The hesitation from the umpire said it all, if he isn't convinced he should either be given the option to review or not give it. 

Don't blame Roy reaction at all, it wasn't even close. Should just be a fine but even that would be harsh considering how bad the decision was. Yes Bairstow wasted a review but that doesn't excuse terrible umpiring. Shows if you appeal for anything there's a chance it could go your way. 

Rubbish, no way Roy should be left out of the final, he’s the in form man. He’s a professional sportsman who’s just been totally done over by the umpire and his batting partner? It’s not a toss up down the Park it’s the pinnacle of sport. We have this weird mentality of “honour” and “ethics” around our national sports teams and I bet it’s cost us no end of international success in the past. It’s not like he’s cheated is it? He’s just had a barney after being given out. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Rubbish, no way Roy should be left out of the final, he’s the in form man. He’s a professional sportsman who’s just been totally done over by the umpire and his batting partner? It’s not a toss up down the Park it’s the pinnacle of sport. We have this weird mentality of “honour” and “ethics” around our national sports teams and I bet it’s cost us no end of international success in the past. It’s not like he’s cheated is it? He’s just had a barney after being given out. 

Who's suggested dropping him? I took @The People's Hero's comment as referring to the ICC suspending him, which can and does happen for such actions, other than that I havent seen anything that could be construed as wanting England to drop him.

9 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Who's suggested dropping him? I took @The People's Hero's comment as referring to the ICC suspending him, which can and does happen for such actions, other than that I havent seen anything that could be construed as wanting England to drop him.

Yeah sorry I took it a bit out of context, but on the BBC live feed there’s been a couple of texts come in suggesting to drop him as it’s unbefitting of the shirt (whatever that means) - more of a general rant in that case rather than referencing anybody in particular.  

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Dire bit of umpiring. Bit of common sense if you’re not sure it’s out would surely have been giving it not out as the Aussies have the option of a review if they’re certain it’s gone.

Ultimately the blame has to lie with that daft Bairstow review though. 

Looking like it wont cost us at all however. Supreme performance 

2 minutes ago, Kopic said:

lol I wouldn't want to be the ICC official that tells Roy he can't play in the final because Dharmasena can't see.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What happened with Roy and his reaction? Had to go out for work so missed it! 

It looked to me like he wanted a review but forgot we didn't have one. Then that turned into him not walking off. Nothing really.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

literally nothing. he stood in the middle for about 30 seconds looking annoying because he missed the ball by about a yard. then was told he had to go cos he’d been given out, so he went. 

he still looked annoyed. not sure what the fuss is about, was he meant to smile as he left? 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Given out caught down the leg-side despite missing it by a bus ride.

No review as Bairstow wasted it and stood his ground while arguing with umpires.

15 minutes ago, trabuch said:

It looked to me like he wanted a review but forgot we didn't have one. Then that turned into him not walking off. Nothing really.

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

literally nothing. he stood in the middle for about 30 seconds looking annoying because he missed the ball by about a yard. then was told he had to go cos he’d been given out, so he went. 

he still looked annoyed. not sure what the fuss is about, was he meant to smile as he left? 

14 minutes ago, marko said:

Given out caught down the leg-side despite missing it by a bus ride.

No review as Bairstow wasted it and stood his ground while arguing with umpires.

Oh lol

Some comments here made it sound like he'd gone crazy at the umpire! 

• Like 1